Coach Sark Press Conference 9.9 - Sometime in the Morning - LHN App

BigOrange1

Anwar with a surprisingly good question about the philosophical shift from 'big bodied' WR's to smaller faster guys.  Sark talks about the shift away from pro-style to a more wide open style - specifically the desire to throw the ball to guys who are moving vs. standing still targets.  Speed more important than a WR that can win a physical 1 on 1 rep.  Sark said the one year with John Ross at Washington opened his eyes to what pure speed could do.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, South Austin said:

I don't recall any particular plays from him against Michigan, but I do remember seeing him on the field quite a bit.

Didn’t he rag doll their RT at least once?

Sarkisian mentioned that he’d been holding the edge against the run and that teams are going to have to try something different. I inferred that he felt like that would provide even more opportunities. 

Edited by Doc Daneeka
  • Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, Red Five said:

You mean ask why we took the air out of the ball up 25 in the second half, on the road at Michigan? Does that really need an answer?

Sark has routinely struggles in the second half this is known. I knew even asking a tough question would get backlash, it’s surly. Read the game thread, literally everyone was like wtf is this playcalling in the second half.  But we will see by the ou game. 

Just now, Rockethorn1978 said:

Sark has routinely struggles in the second half this is known. I knew even asking a tough question would get backlash, it’s surly. Read the game thread, literally everyone was like wtf is this playcalling in the second half.  But we will see by the ou game. 

Ah yes, the game thread. 500 backseat drunk drivers. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

Don’t confuse “tough question” with “stupid question.”

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

Surly game threads are 75% "but why didn't we run the touchdown playyyyyyy"

• Hook 'Em 3

4 minutes ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

Dude, if you are citing a game thread as support for your analysis of the situation, you have already lost the argument.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 3

Just now, Rockethorn1978 said:

Ok so you’re saying the play calling the second half wasn’t conservative? Lmao. Ok. Michigan wasn’t even that good. I didn’t like the play calling and felt we took the foot off the gas.

It was. He did. That’s not the same as “struggling.” It shouldn’t be this hard. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

Brother, that Michigan offense was not coming back and Sark knew it. They actually held onto the ball for a majority of the 3rd quarter, only to come away with just 3 points, getting picked and a turnover on downs. Sark didn't need to risk anything further. Not up 25. He trusted his defense to close it out. 

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

Ok so you’re saying the play calling the second half wasn’t conservative? Lmao. Ok. Michigan wasn’t even that good. I didn’t like the play calling and felt we took the foot off the gas.

1. It was conservative; we did take the foot off the gas

2. Nobody gives a shit what you like

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

It was deliberate. There’s your answer. We did it on purpose and it worked. Anyone with half a tit knows we could have inserted ourselves up their asses several more times.  

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Bevo said:

In all fairness, this could be said about every thread.

True, but it’s rarely so stark as when the guy who predicted a 50-7 win says, “oh, fuck, Sark, this isn’t looking good at all” with a third and eight on the opening possession. 

1 minute ago, hookemATL said:

It was deliberate. There’s your answer. We did it on purpose and it worked. Anyone with half a tit knows we could have inserted ourselves up their asses several more times.  

This.  I'd  love to hear the laminations of their women as much as the next,  but the only way Mich was going to win that game in the second half was if we allowed them back in with short fields.   

• Hook 'Em 1

If Sark would have run it up in the 2nd half and won like 45-12, we'd have posters complaining about risking injuries, it's a long season, "not classy," etc.

I think he did the right thing. It's a looooong season. Shut it down and move on.

How nice to have confidence in your defense that we can just shut down the O and win easily no matter what. Says a lot.

Edited by Wilcox Cummingtonite
  • Hook 'Em 5

10 minutes ago, Wilcox Cummingtonite said:

If Sark would have run it up in the 2nd half and won like 45-12, we'd have posters complaining about risking injuries, it's a long season, "not classy," etc.

I think he did the right thing. It's a looooong season. Shut it down and move on.

How nice to have confidence in your defense that we can just shut down the O and win easily no matter what. Says a lot.

I understand why Sarkisian did what he did. 

I’d also have understood letting Manning run the game plan at full speed against a legit defense. 

It's amazing we've gone from "fire Sark" to "don't question Sark".  

Why are we pretending the execution in the second half wasn't great at times.  All the starters were in and passes were still being thrown so it's not as if we had shut it down and just running up the gut every play. 

Just now, GTJ1982 said:

It's amazing we've gone from "fire Sark" to "don't question Sark".  

Why are we pretending the execution in the second half wasn't great at times.  All the starters were in and passes were still being thrown so it's not as if we had shut it down and just running up the gut every play. 

Three passes after the 31st point. 

37 minutes ago, TotallyLegit said:

Yes, and the game thread is consistently full of idiots.

37 minutes ago, Firemans4Horn said:

Ah yes, the game thread. 500 backseat drunk drivers. 

25 minutes ago, Bevo said:

In all fairness, this could be said about every thread.

Laugh Lol GIF

Edited by BillyGoatHill
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Doc Daneeka said:

True, but it’s rarely so stark as when the guy who predicted a 50-7 win says, “oh, fuck, Sark, this isn’t looking good at all” with a third and eight on the opening possession. 

I don't know. You told the story so well, I laughed out loud. Hopefully, you aren't "the guy" but now sober.

• Hook 'Em 1