Coach Sark Press Conference 9.9 - Sometime in the Morning - LHN App

BigOrange1

26 minutes ago, westexhorn said:

Alabama certainly would have wanted to run up the score against us last season.

Did we not drop 49-0 to OU not too long ago?

It's not like Sark never runs up scores lol

Notice how good he is in interviews and such? He's good at politics. It served no good purpose to embarrass Michigan in their house any more than we already did. 

• Hook 'Em 2

Don't worry, he'll be playing against UTSA or whoever, next week. It's pretty much the same thing.
My scenario had him (and a boatload of other 2nd and 3rd stringers) kicking ass in the fourth quarter, gaining absolutely invaluable experience as we head toward a championship run beginning mid-season. But let's face it, that's not a valid opinion. Not enough sunshine.

You know what they say about opinions and assholes…

33 minutes ago, Irish Wrist Watch said:

Awww. That's so fucking sweet. I hope they put that on the team's bulleting board next week. "Remember guys, winning is important, but being a good sport means alot too."

Bro, go have a beer and decompress.

1 hour ago, Irish Wrist Watch said:

Would have preferred to leave Michigan with a spanking they'd be moaning about ten years from now. 

When true freshman Garrett Gilbert walked on the field in our 2009 National Championship against Alabama, he brought with him something like 15 of 22 completions in his previous 9 appearances that year. Heck, that's almost 2.5 passes per game (okay, most likely against crappy opponents). Shoulda been ready. Against Alabama, he went 15 of 40. Even with that, seems like we were still in that game up until the waning moments. 

(FWIW, after college, he spent 7 yrs in the NFL.)

Kids, this is what happens when a poster gets totally embarrassed in one thread, and then desperately tries to save face, unsuccessfully, in another thread. Don’t try this at home, kids.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 6

3 hours ago, Doc Daneeka said:

I understand why Sarkisian did what he did. 

I’d also have understood letting Manning run the game plan at full speed against a legit defense. 

1st & 10 at MICH 48

--(6:18 - 4th) EWERS, Quinn pass deep up the middle complete for 23 yards to COOK II, Johntay caught at the UOM32 and advanced to the UOM25 (JOHNSON, Quinten), clock 06:07. PENALTY TX Holding on NIBLACK, Amari enforced 10 yards from the UOM48 to the TX42 [NHSG]. NO PLAY (replay the down).--

----------------

Manning comes right in if this play would have stood.

31-6 at this time, one fucking reason this "conservative" play was called.  We had a total of six offensive plays after this to kill the game.

The snark in this post is not directed at Doc, It's for every other motherfucker that doesn't understand.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Irish Wrist Watch said:

What would Alabama have done? What would Darrell Royal have done. I can recall week-in, week-out, Royal beating the hell out of the TCUs of the world. I don't think going easy was part of his make-up

Just how old are you? Is this Army Brat's alt account?

• Hook 'Em 1

16 minutes ago, TrashMaster G said:

Wtf is a bulleting board?

Jeebus - laminations of their women, a bulleting board...  

Actually, I guess even if it had been bulletin board there might have been some asking the same question.  I actually have a bulletin board, with no bulletins on it.  I am old.

3 hours ago, Irish Wrist Watch said:

My scenario had him (and a boatload of other 2nd and 3rd stringers) kicking ass in the fourth quarter, gaining absolutely invaluable experience as we head toward a championship run beginning mid-season. 

ABSOLUTELY INVALUABLE!!!

this inexperienced team is fucked going forward. 

Edited by futureman
  • Haha 1

Even with that, seems like we were still in that game up until the waning moments. 

More than 'seems'.  We forced a punt and had the ball.  We were an Elway drive away from winning the title with a  back up who had nothing more than mop up duty on his resume.  I think you debunked your own argument.  Even with relatively no game experience he did aok all things considered.  Take away the flukey shovel pass pick 6 and we have the lead and the ball.  Lets look at the opposite of your argument. 

Saturday, we were one more drive away from getting what you wanted and it didnt work out.  I think you are obsessing over something only you are concerned about.  He got snaps in game 1 and will likely get more the next couple weeks.  Nothing about his tone and temperament suggests he's upset about PT.

You may be the new Derka.

Edited by jdhorn92

Awww. That's so fucking sweet. I hope they put that on the team's bulleting board next week. "Remember guys, winning is important, but being a good sport means alot too."

I didn’t offer my own value judgment. I was passing on what I’ve witnessed for color to the ongoing discussion. 

I also stayed out of the stupid fucking argument you’ve created by whining about Arch Manning not “running the offense” on Saturday. But here is a value judgment - you are turning into a trolll with your behavior and that is very annoying. So I’m going through and negging every idiotic post of yours on this thread for being a bandwidth drain adding nothing of value to this thread. 

• Haha 1

man, the press conference ended and there were like 15 replies to this thread.  i come back hours later to see it's at 3 pages and wondered what happened.  nothing spurs thread explosions like a couple of dumbass posters spitting hot takes over and over.

2 hours ago, jdhorn92 said:

More than 'seems'.  We forced a punt and had the ball.  We were an Elway drive away from winning the title with a  back up who had nothing more than mop up duty on his resume.  I think you debunked your own argument.  Even with relatively no game experience he did aok all things considered.  Take away the flukey shovel pass pick 6 and we have the lead and the ball.  Lets look at the opposite of your argument. 

Saturday, we were one more drive away from getting what you wanted and it didnt work out.  I think you are obsessing over something only you are concerned about.  He got snaps in game 1 and will likely get more the next couple weeks.  Nothing about his tone and temperament suggests he's upset about PT.

You may be the new Derka.

Your memory is better than mine, but your argument isn't. Garrett went 15 of 40. 20 of 40 would've won a very sweet national title with our starting QB on the bench. Hopefully a lot of second stringers got to play last Sat. I don't have any info on that. 

It's a sad fact that injuries can happen at any time to just about anyone. You never know. Manning could be called on to finish the OU game. I want him ready. I want that natty this fucking year. If that happens it would be an amazing story you can tell your step-grandkids about. Imagine, Manning comes off the bench and leads Horns to last second win over Powerhouse OU. Let's get this kid some playing time.

As for the Bulleting Board, I'm gonna keep my shotgun handy, just in case. Could be a CIA op run outta Austin. Finally, in addition to Manning's playing time, there's this:

image.jpeg.cc31594048d8a06a46ee14d395404518.jpeg

• Fuck You 8

4 hours ago, Irish Wrist Watch said:

Your memory is better than mine, but your argument isn't. Garrett went 15 of 40. 20 of 40 would've won a very sweet national title with our starting QB on the bench. Hopefully a lot of second stringers got to play last Sat. I don't have any info on that. 

Chris Simms would have won that game. 

14 hours ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

Love the big win, didn’t love the weak play calling the second half and scoring only 7. I would say it’s been sark biggest weakness as a coach and I would love if someone would ask why the overly conservative approach to play calling in the second half. 

Sark wanted to get his backups on defense more work in the 2nd half.  😋

giphy.gif

19 hours ago, Bevo said:

How has Moore been playing?

19 hours ago, South Austin said:

I don't recall any particular plays from him against Michigan, but I do remember seeing him on the field quite a bit.

19 hours ago, Doc Daneeka said:

Didn’t he rag doll their RT at least once?

Sarkisian mentioned that he’d been holding the edge against the run and that teams are going to have to try something different. I inferred that he felt like that would provide even more opportunities. 

Not too bad

Edited by AP101S
messed up the quotes
  • Hook 'Em 1