Tyreek Hill police body cam released

Derka

2 minutes ago, MIkeHoncho said:

Keep his window down while the traffic stop is completed and ticket issued until the cop says go on your way.   I didn't see anything else he did wrong.  I'd say this is about 95% cop being a dick who has a quick temper, 5% tyreek antagonizing things by rolling his window up after cop told him to keep it down.  Cop could be concerned that with tinted windows some shenanigans can be going on inside. 

I was about to make this point.  Tyreek might reaching for his phone, etc but the cop can't tell.  He needed to keep his window down, turn the car off, hands on the wheel and communicate respectfully.  I've been pulled over 10+ times in my life and that is all I've ever done. never one issue. 

do we know that he was pulled over only for not having a seat belt on?

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, Doc Daneeka said:

Or, fuck, giving more than 2 nanoseconds for compliance with getting out of the car, even though that was horseshit escalation. 

same with the confrontation with campbell.

”get out of here, now.”

”alright i’ll leave.”

”SHOW ME YOUR LICENSE NOW! SHOW ME YOIR LICENSE NOW!” 

“but i was just lea-“

”SHOW ME YOUR LICENSE NOW!!!”

like a fucking toddler on meth. that man is mentally and emotionally damaged.

• Hook 'Em 8
  • Drool 1

Just now, David Dennison said:

Why was he ordered to exit the vehicle?

The police can order you to exit your vehicle for any reason they want. That includes Texas. For example, if they smell alcohol. If they suspect danger. For any number of reasons. 

5 minutes ago, MIkeHoncho said:

Keep his window down while the traffic stop is completed and ticket issued until the cop says go on your way.   I didn't see anything else he did wrong.  I'd say this is about 95% cop being a dick who has a quick temper, 5% tyreek antagonizing things by rolling his window up after cop told him to keep it down.  Cop could be concerned that with tinted windows some shenanigans can be going on inside. 

Ok so basically what ive been saying about keeping the window down. 

4 minutes ago, HOOKEM4 said:

I did exactly what you said he should have as a white 16 year old pulling out of a high school. I got pulled out of the vehicle, completely complying and saying yes sir the entire time and was then assaulted.  I am white and lived in a affluent area with little to no crime. 

The fact you don't see the reaction to the perceived slight as absolutely unacceptable is the problem. He is a black man in a McLaren. Cops were little dicked jackboots that decided to assert their athoritah!!!  Your reaction is that he should have been a good little boy and they wouldn't have done anything. They approached the car with aggression. They wanted to make their small little psyche feel bigger. They are the problem, you are the problem and both of you can get what you deserve.

they approached the car with aggression? *knock on window* "roll down your window down so i can talk to you". thats  your aggression? spare me with your little story about being choke slammed by a cop and how ill get whats coming for me. whatever makes you look tough on a message board bro. 

• Fuck You 5

Just now, Chopper said:

The police can order you to exit your vehicle for any reason they want. That includes Texas. For example, if they smell alcohol. If they suspect danger. For any number of reasons. 

That actually isn't the law at all. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1
  • Drool 1

1 minute ago, Chopper said:

because it’s tuesday; because mercury is in retrograde; because their wife is a bitch and their kids hate them. you know, just whatever. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Chopper said:

He was legally required to obey the order to roll down his window, and he was legally required to exit the vehicle when ordered. 

yes. the problem I have is the order to exit and the cop going from zero to face on the ground handcuffed was over the line.  Tyreek is fast but he's not that fast.

2 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

Nothing about that escalation was necessary. It was also, if you don't roll down that window, I will have you get out of the car. He wasn't saying to actually get out. Once he actually said to get out, it was 3 seconds before he was physically pulling him out. Fucking bullshit that you're defending this. 

2 minutes ago, HOOKEM4 said:

How many videos can you find in less than 10 seconds of the window cracking psychos that fuck with cops? Now, how many of them are threatened the way he was in those 10 seconds? Those cops were out for blood.

I'm not defending all of the cop's behavior, by any means. I'm merely talking about what happened in the first 1 minute of the incident. 

1 minute ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

they approached the car with aggression? *knock on window* "roll down your window down so i can talk to you". thats  your aggression? spare me with your little story about being choke slammed by a cop and how ill get whats coming for me. whatever makes you look tough on a message board bro. 

Lulz. Your cops buddies might have a bad day bud. I am not the tough one. I am the one calling you a jack boot loser. Keep your cock holster wiiiiide open bud. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, HOOKEM4 said:

Lulz. Your cops buddies might have a bad day bud. I am not the tough one. I am the one calling you a jack boot loser. Keep your cock holster wiiiiide open bud. 

Chalk GIF by The Undroppables

Just a FYI. I dont like dealing with cops more than I have to, last time i dealt with one was probably 18 years ago when I got pulled over for a rear  license plate light out 6AM on the way to work. I pulled over, turned the car off, rolled my window down and hit my hazards. HOLY FUCK MUH RIGHTS VIOLATED!! He gave me a fix it ticket and it was done and over with in <5 min

Edited by MNLonghornFUKM
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 1

2 minutes ago, Doc Daneeka said:

Any that apply here?

He disobeyed orders repeatedly. The tinted windows likely didn't help. It may also just be their agency's procedure when they have an uncooperative driver. You're "expected" to keep your hands within view, and he was uncooperative right from the start when he didn't roll down his window even a crack after being pulled over. 

2 minutes ago, HOOKEM4 said:

uh oh tuff guy up in here.  somebody get some coffee brewin'

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Chopper said:

He disobeyed orders repeatedly. The tinted windows likely didn't help. It may also just be their agency's procedure when they have an uncooperative driver. You're "expected" to keep your hands within view, and he was uncooperative right from the start when he didn't roll down his window even a crack after being pulled over. 

Dude... Come the fuck on. 

• Hook 'Em 2

Just now, Chopper said:

They said nothing about his hands. There was no need for any orders. Go write the fucking ticket and be done with it. The fact that this loon went off on another driver tends to show me that this isn’t about procedure, but about hurt feelings and imposing his authority. 

One of those people gets paid to be professional in that situation and to de-escalate it. No one needs cops like that. Or, frankly, with that temper and a gun. 

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

I don't know all of what you've said throughout this, but you asked what he could've done different or if he had done everything right.  He did not do everything right, IMO.  He should've left the window down.  

the advice I have always been given, and I'm an admitted OLD, is when pulled over, turn off the car, put both hands on the wheel, and tell them about any move you make - such as getting insurance from the glove box - so you don't give them any reason to think you are going for a gun or knife, thus giving them cause to overreact.  Not about kissing their ass, it's about protecting yourself from people who might be amped up, scared themselves, or in some cases stupid.  I'm in the camp that most cops are good, but like everything else, social media is shining a light on the idiots.  In this case it is a good thing, because the losers need to be weeded out. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Dahobbs said:

Dude... Come the fuck on. 

I dunno what to tell you. These are basic expectations/laws when you get pulled over. If the cop tells you to roll down your window, you have to comply. If the cop tells you to exit your vehicle, you must comply. Now legislatures, including in FL, are creating "Buffer Zones" where if they're responding to a situation, someone can be ordered to move out of the buffer zone. That was the problem with at least one of the teammates (the one behind the incident).

I dunno what to tell you. These are basic expectations/laws when you get pulled over. If the cop tells you to roll down your window, you have to comply. If the cop tells you to exit your vehicle, you must comply. Now legislatures, including in FL, are creating "Buffer Zones" where if they're responding to a situation, someone can be ordered to move out of the buffer zone. That was the problem with at least one of the teammates (the one behind the incident).

Where did the cop say one word about a buffer zone? Fuck, he wouldn’t let him leave. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, Doc Daneeka said:

They said nothing about his hands. There was no need for any orders. Go write the fucking ticket and be done with it. The fact that this loon went off on another driver tends to show me that this isn’t about procedure, but about hurt feelings and imposing his authority. 

One of those people gets paid to be professional in that situation and to de-escalate it. No one needs cops like that. Or, frankly, with that temper and a gun. 

he had his Tyreeks license in his hand after TH told him to go write the ticket, then made a phone call to Rosenhaus and rolled up the window again. like absolutely brain dead move right there. then he shouted something along the lines of "DONT TELL ME WHAT TO DO". whats the meme "Yup thats me, you probably wonder how i ended up in this situation" 

• Fuck You 1

Just now, MNLonghornFUKM said:

he had his Tyreeks license in his hand after TH told him to go write the ticket, then made a phone call to Rosenhaus and rolled up the window again. like absolutely brain dead move right there. then he shouted something along the lines of "DONT TELL ME WHAT TO DO". whats the meme "Yup thats me, you probably wonder how i ended up in this situation" 

You’ve already acknowledged that he shouldn’t have been pulled out and cuffed. Who did the pulling and the cuffing?

For the "He should have just cooperated" crew:

On 8/2/2024 at 2:22 PM, WelfareBuysMyWeed said:

When I was a student at UT, my senior year, a week before finals, I got mistakenly raided by the police in my apartment in north campus. I had just seen some friends out and was grabbing my keys to drive to Collie station for the Texas-Aggy baseball series finale, when a battery ram came through my door. Instantly a dozen of Austin's finest were on me with assault rifles in my face and zip ties around my hands. They told me "my boy" had "flipped" on me earlier the day and that "they knew I was hiding the stuff." I was living in an efficiency by myself, like a 200 sqft tiny box. They never told me exactly what they were looking for, only that it was "mountains of drugs." The main detective which was coordinating everything brought me outside and told me to just confess and make it easy on them, and I told him that, with due respect, I had seen a lot of movies and tv shows about police and I knew that in instances like that, even if I was innocent, I should keep my mouth shut until I have a lawyer with me. The guy slammed my head into the brick wall behind me, causing me to bleed, and told me that I could watch in silence while they fucked up everything (his words). So he brought me inside, and for 4 fucking hours, they destroyed my apartment. It was very clear within 10 minutes they had the wrong guy, but they didn't care. They obliterated my mini fridge, just pulled the door straight off. They cut holes in my couch cushions and pulled out all the padding. They cut holes into the walls, pulling out the sheet rock and insulation. They fucked up my bathroom sink and pulled out pipes and plumbing. They smashed my Xbox. They even fucking cut holes in my TV dinners so they'd spoil.

So at this point, they're asking each other "want to fuck up his car?" and their superior is telling them "naw, our warrant won't allow this, let's just leave." So they all got up, and started to walk out. My place was completely destroyed, it looked like a hurricane had hit. I was obviously in the middle of a city area in Austin, it was like 8 pm and dark. I tell them as they're walking out, "Hey, what do I do? My door is off the hinge, I'm gonna get robbed like this" and they told me "you have duct tape under your sink, we saw it, just tape the door back up." One single cop took pity and took me aside and told me, "call your landlord, tell them we made a mistake, and she'll send someone out to fix the door."

At this point, the entire apartment complex was outside my door, watching the cops. When they started to walk out, my neighbors booed them and offered to help me clean up. Dude from across the street said I looked like I was in shock and got me some water and a blanket. He walked me over to the landlord's office, which was still there, and told her what happened. The police found a single adderall pill in my apartment -- it was finals, sue me. They told me if I made a stink over them fucking up my apartment, they'd make a federal case out of it because I didn't have a prescription. They threatened to destroy me if I retaliated for them coming in and fucking up an innocent person's place. For fucking *MONTHS* after that, I was paranoid. I constantly worried about people just running into my place at any time, locks be damned.

It sucked so fucking much. I hate APD with all my fucking heart, and fuck the police. I never had any problem with cops before that, but that single instance ruined police for me forever. When you're truly, seriously innocent and they come in like jackboot thugs and fuck your shit up and you can't do anything about it? Yeah, fuck off. This is why people hate the police, this is why "just cooperate" isn't a thing. ACAB.

EDIT: Incidentally, my professors were cool as fucking shit about all this. The following monday I had a final exam and completely bombed it, I was so shaken. My professor noticed my final exam grad was way, way lower than all my other grades in the class and contacted me, and I told him what happened. He let me retake the exam a week later and told me to contact my other professors and student councilor and tell them what happened, and when I did they all worked with me to give me extra time to prepare for my finals. So luckily the cops didn't tank my final semester grades.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 2

10 minutes ago, Chopper said:

I wonder if that has anything to do with a black man in America being approached by aggressive cops during a routine traffic stop.

Edited by David Dennison
  • Hook 'Em 1

Cops cannot pull you over for any reason they want. They cannot force you out of the car for any reason they want. They cannot search your shit for any reason they want. They cannot use unnecessary force. These are all violations of your rights. In the moment, you may have to accept it. But it doesn't make it right, justified, or legal. Just stop with the bullshit. 

• Hook 'Em 3

2 minutes ago, Doc Daneeka said:

They said nothing about his hands

That wasn't my point. I'm talking about the expectations of the cop. Keep your hands within view anytime you get pulled over. The driver repeatedly disobeyed orders. 

Just now, Chopper said:

That wasn't my point. I'm talking about the expectations of the cop. Keep your hands within view anytime you get pulled over. The driver repeatedly disobeyed orders. 

The cop can expect whatever the fuck he wants. He’s a law enforcement officer, not an expectations enforcement officer. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, WelfareBuysMyWeed said:

You can see the cop on top of Tyreek realize this isn't some normal dude when he starts crying out to his teammates, "Call the group" and notices a ton of huge, insanely buff black guys all around. Fuck around and find out you pig bastard, fuck the police.

If you watch the longer video there's a part maybe halfway through where one of the cops tells the first cop who approached the car that the driver was a Miami Dolphin. 

I completely cooperated with the police when they mistakenly raided my place, the only thing I didn't "cooperate" with was their order to admit wrong doing (because, again, I was completely innocent and they RAIDED THE WRONG FUCKING PLACE) and for that I got the back of my head busted up on the brick wall. Cooperating with cops doesn't get you fucking anything, you dipshits have no fucking idea.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 3

1 minute ago, Doc Daneeka said:

The cop can expect whatever the fuck he wants. He’s a law enforcement officer, not an expectations enforcement officer. 

Bro, try disobeying the orders of a cop sometime and find out what happens. On the level of civil rights violations committed by police every fucking day in this country, this incident would not even be a blip on the radar were it not for the driver being a celeb.  

5 minutes ago, MIkeHoncho said:

I'm in the camp that most cops are good

Camp Regard

3 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

I wonder if that has anything to do with a black man in America being approached by aggressive cops during a routine traffic stop.

It’s not more complicated than this. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Chopper said:

Bro, try disobeying the orders of a cop sometime and find out what happens. On the level of civil rights violations committed by police every fucking day in this country, this incident would not even be a blip on the radar were it not for the driver being a celeb.  

And that’s the fucking problem. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

When a cop wants to fuck your shit up, there is absolutely fucking nothing you can do to prevent it. They arrive at the conclusion they want to fuck you up first, then work backwards for justification, not the otherway around. There is literally no level of cooperation that is enough. You can be face down not struggling at all and they'll hit you and tell you to quit resisting. I fucking know from experience.

• Hook 'Em 4

I don’t understand some of these pathetic takes, sure there were things Hill could have done differently. But he should not have had to do any of those things. What fucking world do you want to live in where you are at the whim of any cops “expectations” of your behavior. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

And apparently that makes it ok to you, which is in-fucking-sane. We shouldn't accept every day violations of civil rights as fucking normal. Fucking Christ. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Drool 1

1 minute ago, WelfareBuysMyWeed said:

I completely cooperated with the police when they mistakenly raided my place, the only thing I didn't "cooperate" with was their order to admit wrong doing (because, again, I was completely innocent and they RAIDED THE WRONG FUCKING PLACE) and for that I got the back of my head busted up on the brick wall. Cooperating with cops doesn't get you fucking anything, you dipshits have no fucking idea.

I don't care about your sob story, it hasn't happened to me so it doesn't matter tough guy. Cops were right to assault him because he didnt comply with them exactly how they wanted.  /@MNLonghornFUKM

• Hook 'Em 1

A lot of folks don't get nearly as many orders from cops as other folks.