Tyreek Hill police body cam released

Derka

2 minutes ago, Doc Daneeka said:

You’ve already acknowledged that he shouldn’t have been pulled out and cuffed. Who did the pulling and the cuffing?

the cops. is that end of the argument? so we're done here?  the cops were absolute shit head power trips.  this is ridiculous. Its ridiculous it got to the point where an NFL star is cuffed to the ground and its ridiculous a NFL star greets a cop knocking his window with a "dont knock on my window" instead of a good morning.  like all of this could have and should have been prevented

• Fuck You 2

3 minutes ago, hornbri said:

I don’t understand some of these pathetic takes, sure there were things Hill could have done differently. But he should not have had to do any of those things. What fucking world do you want to live in where you are at the whim of any cops “expectations” of your behavior. 

You're legally required to follow orders to roll down your window as well as to get out of the vehicle. This isn't about mere expectations, but if you don't keep your hands visible you're putting yourself at risk. These are things to know should you get pulled over. If you want to exit the vehicle even though a cop hasn't ordered you to, ask permission first. 

Edited by Chopper
typo

Just now, MNLonghornFUKM said:

the cops. is that end of the argument? so we're done here?  the cops were absolute shit head power trips.  this is ridiculous. Its ridiculous it got to the point where an NFL star is cuffed to the ground and its ridiculous a NFL star greets a cop knocking his window with a "dont knock on my window" instead of a good morning.  like all of this could have and should have been prevented

Yes, as far as I’m concerned, that’s the end of the argument. This is on the cops, however more polite Tyreek could have been. 

• Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, HOOKEM4 said:

The fact that people are crowing about what he should have done to avoid being assaulted by the cops and not what they should have done to not assault a citizen is fucking insane. 

this isn't fucking rocket science. especially for getting pulled over by a seatbelt. yea i dont believe for a second you were cool and calm before you were choke slammed, if it even happened

• Fuck You 3

1 minute ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

So you're just a troll. Cool. Fucking hell this place is full of fucking idiot posters.

• Hook 'Em 1

21 minutes ago, SameSame said:

Funny how the world works, Tyreek Hill, who is a complete piece of shit, just happened to run into two other pieces of shit.

Shit on shit crime

Lol, yeah, pretty much. Cops are way in the wrong here though, if you're gonna give him a ticket, just tell him you're gonna give him a ticket. The speed at which it escalated is 100% on the cop. The underlying problem in all of these situations is cops being trained that everyone (minorities in particular) are just looking to kill them at every turn including traffic stops. I've been yelled at on the highway to keep my hands on the wheel like I'm just itching to pull a gun from somewhere in my piece of shit car to get out of a speeding ticket. There are undoubtedly ways to detect that something else might be going on with the guy you just caught speeding but it doesn't justify treating every traffic stop in such a manner. That problem isn't ever going to change in this country because cloak room. Fuck Tyreek Hill though, human piece of shit, having nothing to do with this shitty cop situation. 

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, HOOKEM4 said:

I don't care about your sob story, it hasn't happened to me so it doesn't matter tough guy. Cops were right to assault him because he didnt comply with them exactly how they wanted.  /@MNLonghornFUKM

No joke I sincerely hope dipshits like they never have to explicitly find out what that shit was like, it's genuinely a traumatic experience. It fucks you up for a very long time, and while comeuppance is nice, fuck using an atrocity to prove a point. Cops fucking suck.

20 minutes ago, Chopper said:

He disobeyed orders repeatedly. The tinted windows likely didn't help. It may also just be their agency's procedure when they have an uncooperative driver. You're "expected" to keep your hands within view, and he was uncooperative right from the start when he didn't roll down his window even a crack after being pulled over. 

Cracking Up Lol GIF by NBA on TNT

1 minute ago, Chopper said:

You're legally required to follow orders to roll down your window as well as to get out of the vehicle. This isn't about mere expectations, but if you don't keep your hands visible you're putting yourself at risk. These are things to know should you get pulled over. If you want to exit the vehicle even though a cop hasn't ordered you to, ask permission first. 

You are legally required to obey a lawful order, the cop also needs to give him a chance to comply to those orders. 

Also I am pretty sure to be a lawfully order the justification cannot be “because i said so”

20 minutes ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

Ok so basically what ive been saying about keeping the window down. 

they approached the car with aggression? *knock on window* "roll down your window down so i can talk to you". thats  your aggression? spare me with your little story about being choke slammed by a cop and how ill get whats coming for me. whatever makes you look tough on a message board bro. 

Listen, these cops  were not being good Public Servants, they were wanting to fuck with this guy and hardly gave him time. He was heading to work trying to call someone there to tell them what was happening while the cop was knocking on his window.  But the cop should have waited and given the guy more time. If he were a decent cop and not a jack boot, he would have down so. These cops were not de-escalating a situation but out to get him and the story shared by someone who experienced this is not for tough guy points but to explain what it is like when a cop is being a jackboot.  No amount of boot licking is going to get you out of it. Get that through your head...that it happens. That is what pisses me off. I'm glad bad shit has never happened to you and I hope you never run in to a jackass cop. 

• Hook 'Em 2

29 minutes ago, Derka said:

same with the confrontation with campbell.

”get out of here, now.”

”alright i’ll leave.”

”SHOW ME YOUR LICENSE NOW! SHOW ME YOIR LICENSE NOW!” 

“but i was just lea-“

”SHOW ME YOUR LICENSE NOW!!!”

like a fucking toddler on meth. that man is mentally and emotionally damaged.

Yep. And he will continue shooting dogs for fun until he actually gets to shoot a "perp". 

• Rage+1 1

8 minutes ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

this isn't fucking rocket science. especially for getting pulled over by a seatbelt. yea i dont believe for a second you were cool and calm before you were choke slammed, if it even happened

Well I can 100% assure you I was. I was raised by a parent that told me to always respect cops because they could do whatever they wanted. I was terrified. I still am about being pulled over. I also don't give a fuck what you think. I will stop short of wishing it to happen to you, but if it does, the absolute terror and hopelessness is damaging. It has shaped my view of cops 100%. I avoid anything illegal and interaction with them like the plague. Haven't talk to a cop since that day.

Edited by HOOKEM4
ousux

4 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

And apparently that makes it ok to you, which is in-fucking-sane. We shouldn't accept every day violations of civil rights as fucking normal. Fucking Christ. 

He was fine to stay in his vehicle until the moment the officer ordered him to exit. The officer isn't required to give or even have a reason to tell the driver to exit. I'm just telling you the law as courts have interpreted it, including the Supreme Court. 

These types of interactions are one reason some civil rights advocates are in favor of the use speed cameras. That way there's nobody getting pulled over and there's no chance for civilians to have this type of interaction with the cops over a small infraction.

17 minutes ago, Chopper said:

If you watch the longer video there's a part maybe halfway through where one of the cops tells the first cop who approached the car that the driver was a Miami Dolphin. 

I mean the Dolphins have been a disaster for 2 decades, I'd be pissed too.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Chopper said:

He was fine to stay in his vehicle until the moment the officer ordered him to exit. The officer isn't required to give or even have a reason to tell the driver to exit. I'm just telling you the law as courts have interpreted it, including the Supreme Court. 

These types of interactions are one reason some civil rights advocates are in favor of the use speed cameras. That way there's nobody getting pulled over and there's no chance for civilians to have this type of interaction with the cops over a small infraction.

Like an expired inspection, unsafe lane change, failure to follow at a safe distance, and so on. There will always be reasons. 

I’ve been pulled over for a brake light that was “out” when I could see it reflected in his windshield. 

Edited by Doc Daneeka

1 minute ago, Doc Daneeka said:

Like an expired inspection, unsafe lane change, failure to follow at a safe distance, and so on. There will always be reasons. 

I was president of a fraternity when I was in college. Nationals would send us these greek life videos on how to interact with the police to keep safe during activities, and since i was president, that would mean I would always be the one to talk to them. The video was basically about all the tricks police can use to create justification for basically anything. Things like saying they smell weed, even when none is present. Smelling weed doesn't mean they can enter your vehicle or anything, but it does mean they can hold you and request a dog to "prove" it, which isn't proof at all because police dogs are trained using non-verbal cues and police can give the dog a sign to react without you even knowing. All it takes is the dog to bark around your car, and voila, they can do whatever the fuck they want going forward. The initial stop can be something like "you were driving too slow" or "you were driving too fast" or "you were driving suspiciously." The stop isn't the arrest, they can stop you on discretion, then generate the "proof" to violate you once you are stopped.

• Rage+1 2

8 minutes ago, burntorangebongos said:

Listen, these cops  were not being good Public Servants, they were wanting to fuck with this guy and hardly gave him time. He was heading to work trying to call someone there to tell them what was happening while the cop was knocking on his window.  But the cop should have waited and given the guy more time. If he were a decent cop and not a jack boot, he would have down so. These cops were not de-escalating a situation but out to get him and the story shared by someone who experienced this is not for tough guy points but to explain what it is like when a cop is being a jackboot.  No amount of boot licking is going to get you out of it. Get that through your head...that it happens. That is what pisses me off. I'm glad bad shit has never happened to you and I hope you never run in to a jackass cop. 

yea im not following. I dont buy the "cop was looking to fuck the guy" narrative, at least in the first 20-30 seconds and especially up until TH rolled it back up.  then the cops lost his cool because he "wasnt playing that game".  had Tyreek obliged like a decent human would, we likely wouldn't be having discussion. but im not obviously going to change some posters perspective about cops here 

• Fuck You 2

yea im not following. I dont buy the "cop was looking to fuck the guy" narrative, at least in the first 20-30 seconds and especially up until TH rolled it back up.  then the cops lost his cool because he "wasnt playing that game".  had Tyreek obliged like a decent human would, we likely wouldn't be having discussion. but im not obviously going to change some posters perspective about cops here 

a decent human being doesn't fuck someone up physically and legally because they rolled up their window. Rolling up your window isn't a crime. Being rude to a cop isn't a crime. You realize crimes are more than about being descent and shit, there is a hard, legal line. Law is supposed to be fucking emotionless, that whole blind scales of justice shit. Thats why the legalize is a thing, because things have to be defined in pure black and white.

1 minute ago, WelfareBuysMyWeed said:

I was president of a fraternity when I was in college. Nationals would send us these greek life videos on how to interact with the police to keep safe during activities, and since i was president, that would mean I would always be the one to talk to them. The video was basically about all the tricks police can use to create justification for basically anything. Things like saying they smell weed, even when none is present. Smelling weed doesn't mean they can enter your vehicle or anything, but it does mean they can hold you and request a dog to "prove" it, which isn't proof at all because police dogs are trained using non-verbal cues and police can give the dog a sign to react without you even knowing. All it takes is the dog to bark around your car, and voila, they can do whatever the fuck they want going forward. The initial stop can be something like "you were driving too slow" or "you were driving too fast" or "you were driving suspiciously." The stop isn't the arrest, they can stop you on discretion, then generate the "proof" to violate you once you are stopped.

Last I read, and it’s been a minute, cops “can’t” extend the stop to wait for a dog. 

But, yeah, driving below the speed limit is “suspicious” because drug couriers do it. It’s fucked up. 

Just now, Doc Daneeka said:

Last I read, and it’s been a minute, cops “can’t” extend the stop to wait for a dog. 

But, yeah, driving below the speed limit is “suspicious” because drug couriers do it. It’s fucked up. 

Admittedly my training was 20 years ago, so stuff might have changed, but back in those days, that was the prime example they'd use. Basically once they brought the dogs, you were fucked (but the advice was to still stay silent and nor say a word and maintain innocence, because that shit matters in court).

12 minutes ago, Chopper said:

It was 3 seconds from the actual order to get out of the car to pulling him out. And, again, just because he gave the order doesn't mean it wasn't a violation of rights. In the moment you are required to comply. But that doesn't mean after the fact a court/jury will not find a violation of rights. Stop defending this. 

Edited by Dahobbs

So you're saying decent human beings obey law enforcement?

6 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

How do you know he was driving with it off?

My understanding is Tyreek Hill was pulled over for speeding.  As everyone should know, checking whether or not you’re wearing your seat belt is routine any time a cop pulls you over (never take it off when you stop for any reason just like you leave your hands where the cop can see them).  It would be interesting to know how fast he was driving, but no one seems to be reporting that

1 hour ago, Derka said:

you ever seen somebody say something snarky to me, only for me to bring down the entire thread in a giant fireball of molten hot rage? when that happened, did you feel like there was plenty of blame to go around for how much things escalated?  no? ok then. and i’m just some looney toons message board poster, not a sworn officer with a badge, gun, and serious power over anyone who says something i don’t like. go ahead and marinate on that for a minute.

IMG_1500.gif

3 minutes ago, Chopper said:

I'd guess that's why the cop asked him why he didn't have it on. Gave the driver the opportunity to incriminate himself. 

yes, because the normal answer is "I don't know" and bang, you are going to pay the ticket.  It is equivalent to the "how many drinks have you had?" to which the answer is unfortunately always "2".

Just now, dcar00 said:

yes, because the normal answer is "I don't know" and bang, you are going to pay the ticket.  It is equivalent to the "how many drinks have you had?" to which the answer is unfortunately always "2".

The answer is, “I’d rather not answer any questions.”

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Steelers Roll Left said:

My understanding is Tyreek Hill was pulled over for speeding.  As everyone should know, checking whether or not you’re wearing your seat belt is routine any time a cop pulls you over (never take it off when you stop for any reason just like you leave your hands where the cop can see them).  It would be interesting to know how fast he was driving, but no one seems to be reporting that

there has to be video all along that street.

Just now, Doc Daneeka said:

The answer is, “I’d rather not answer any questions.”

Oh I know, in fact I said it upthread.  I'm telling you what the normal answers are.

1 minute ago, WelfareBuysMyWeed said:

a decent human being doesn't fuck someone up physically and legally because they rolled up their window. Rolling up your window isn't a crime. Being rude to a cop isn't a crime. You realize crimes are more than about being descent and shit, there is a hard, legal line. Law is supposed to be fucking emotionless, that whole blind scales of justice shit. Thats why the legalize is a thing, because things have to be defined in pure black and white.

He failed to obey a lawful order. If you don't want to believe me, take a look at Mark Thiessen's website Your Rights During a Traffic Stop | Thiessen Law Firm (thetexastrialattorney.com)

1 minute ago, dcar00 said:

there has to be video all along that street.

Oh I know, in fact I said it upthread.  I'm telling you what the normal answers are.

Agreed. 

“Do you know how fast you were going?” “Where you headed?” “You had anything to drink?” “What’s your favorite color?”

One answer to rule them all.

Just now, Chopper said:

He failed to obey a lawful order. If you don't want to believe me, take a look at Mark Thiessen's website Your Rights During a Traffic Stop | Thiessen Law Firm (thetexastrialattorney.com)

Where was the order to not roll up the window? They never gave that fucking order. They told him to roll *DOWN* the window after he had rolled it up, and he did. Rolling up the window didn't disobey any order.

Just now, WelfareBuysMyWeed said:

Where was the order to not roll up the window? They never gave that fucking order. They told him to roll *DOWN* the window after he had rolled it up, and he did. Rolling up the window didn't disobey any order.

Did I write something to the contrary?