Tyreek Hill police body cam released

Derka

1 minute ago, Chopper said:

What part of "you're required to follow a LEO's orders to roll down your window and to step out of the vehicle" are you finding so difficult to grasp?

Cool. He disobeyed. Arrest him if you deem it unlawful enough...just do so without being a completely unhinged violent lunatic about it.

No one is saying the cop is 100% to blame, but he has to be the bigger man. That's (supposed to be) the fucking job. You don't get to violently put your hands on another man who is of zero threat just because you wear a badge.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

44 minutes ago, Da Fino said:

This is an unreal sentence. He was the calmest person there. 

Calais absolutely was the calmest there and I even said he did nothing wrong.  He could have been Ghandi sitting cross legged meditating, he was still ending up in cuffs, which was my point.

6 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

No one is saying the cop is 100% to blame, but he has to be the bigger man. That's (supposed to be) the fucking job. You don't get to violently put your hands on another man who is of zero threat just because you wear a badge.

That's actually exactly what they're saying. You say "zero threat" but as I've already stated, that's the whole point (nobody knows what kind of threat he was or if he has a weapon, or if he's going to fight them) and why you shouldn't fuck around when police order you to roll down your window or to exit a vehicle.

edit - the dude was uncooperative, failed to follow orders, and his behavior was suspicious and bizarre. He gave the cops more than enough reason to pull him out of the vehicle. 

Edited by Chopper

Just now, aggie08 said:

Cool. He disobeyed. Arrest him if you deem it unlawful enough...just do so without being a completely unhinged violent lunatic about it.

this is point.  Hill escalated by being an ass.  cop got out of hand due to "respect my authority".  all he had to do was back up and tell him to get out of the car and Hill would absolutely have played right into their hands.  He was going to stay in the car until "Drew" got there most likely.  Instead cop wanted to go Miami Vice.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, WelfareBuysMyWeed said:

My argument is actually that I lived this and have experience and know what I'm talking about, calling you a pussy is merely a passtime, not the argument. That you can't accept the first and only focus on the latter tells me how fragile you are, you pussy. And yes, you can't comment on shit because you don't know what the fuck you're talking about. I don't know who lied to you and told you that every voice matters, but yours certainly doesn't.

the more you post the less I believe you and your story. You called me out for no fucking reason for not responding, on a post you werent even quoting me, for not reading it. If you would've just left it and we continued on with the topic, youd be much more believable. But for voices that don't matter, you truly do try hard to convince everyone who youre "arguing" against how true and right you are and how wrong and stupid the rest of us are.  Yea youre full of shit. I dont care if you lived it. Youre not proving anything to me and you never will. youre anonymous and so am I. tyreek hills traffic stop dipshittery avalanched into the cops  ultra dipshittery thatll probably cost jobs and we all can see that. acting like a dipshit to any cop, whether youre protected by law or WGAF, is fucking stupid.  like dcar said...its not just about knowing laws and shit...its about staying ahead of the game. Tyreek did none of that here and it showed.

• Fuck You 1

3 hours ago, Not a cat said:

Ummm, Calais, the last guy that should try to diffuse the situation with agitated cops on a power trip is a 6'8 300+ pound African American.

Again, not saying he's at fault (because he wasn't) but him ending up in cuffs is about the most predictable thing that happened.

Yes don’t be a large African American doing nothing wrong. Cops hate them the most

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Drool 1

9 minutes ago, Chopper said:

That's actually exactly what they're saying. You say "zero threat" but as I've already stated, that's the whole point (nobody knows what kind of threat he was or if he has a weapon, or if he's going to fight them) and why you shouldn't fuck around when police order you to roll down your window or to exit a vehicle.

Fucking stop it. The cop didn't use force because he was worried Tyreek had a gun or could potentially become a threat. Even if so, are cops allowed to impose violence onto anyone who disobeys them because everyone theoretically might have a gun? Jesus fucking christ, just garbage logic.

The cop had a hair trigger and not respecting his authority properly was enough to set it off. No need to overcomplicate it.

Edited by aggie08
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Drool 1

edit - the dude was uncooperative, failed to follow orders, and his behavior was suspicious and bizarre. He gave the cops more than enough reason to pull him out of the vehicle. 

All cops should drive something like this because you never know when someone will say “NO”:

bfc2b16549cd3cd554c5eedcb8bd2f18.jpg
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

Fucking stop it. The cop didn't use force because he was worried Tyreek had a gun or could potentially become a thread. Are cops allowed to impose violence onto anyone who disobeys them because everyone theoretically might have a gun? Jesus fucking christ, just garbage logic.

The cop had a hair trigger and not respecting his authority properly was enough to set it off. No need to overcomplicate it.

Unlike you, apparently, I'm not able to read the cop's mind. I simply watched the video and observed what actually occurred. And as it happens, whatever was in the cop's mind doesn't fucking matter under the law. That's what I'm discussing here. The cop might've wanted him to exit the vehicle so he could have a good look at what was in it, and then if he saw anything he deemed suspicious use that as probable cause to search the entire vehicle. The cop might've wanted him out of the vehicle simply because he felt safer if he were in handcuffs for the duration of the stop if he were. All of that is legal and your feelings don't matter. 

Edited by Chopper

Just now, Zepol87 said:

You’re black get out of the car because it’s safer and I assume you have a gun and are gonna kill me is the most fucked off reasoning I’ve seen. Well done 

Did they pull their weapons when they ordered him out of the vehicle? If so, I missed it. 

Unlike you, apparently, I'm not able to read the cop's mind. I simply watched the video and observed what actually occurred. And as it happens, whatever was in the cop's mind doesn't fucking matter under the law. That's what I'm discussing here. The cop might've wanted him to exit the vehicle so he could have a good look at what was in it, and then if he saw anything he deemed suspicious use that as probable cause to search the entire vehicle. The cop might've wanted him out of the vehicle simply because he felt safer if he were in handcuffs for the duration of the stop if he were. All of that is legal and your feelings don't matter. 

But again, a cop can’t search without probable cause. So why get out to provide probable cause?
  • Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Chopper said:

Holy. Fucking. Shit. Are you for real right now? This could be the biggest collection of horseshit I've ever seen.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Drool 1

2 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

Holy. Fucking. Shit. Are you for real right now? This could be the biggest collection of horseshit I've ever seen.

It's funny to see what I presume are bunch of white guys with no understanding of how the law works finding out how it works because some fucking football player on their fantasy team got pulled over on a traffic stop and did too many wrong things.

Just now, Chopper said:

It's funny to see what I presume are bunch of white guys with no understanding of how the law works finding out how it works because some fucking football player on their fantasy team got pulled over on a traffic stop and did too many wrong things.

Wrong again 

2 hours ago, MIkeHoncho said:

the advice I have always been given, and I'm an admitted OLD, is when pulled over, turn off the car, put both hands on the wheel, and tell them about any move you make - such as getting insurance from the glove box - so you don't give them any reason to think you are going for a gun or knife, thus giving them cause to overreact.  Not about kissing their ass, it's about protecting yourself from people who might be amped up, scared themselves, or in some cases stupid.

That is what my Driver's Ed teacher taught me, back when you took driver's ed in high school.

• Hook 'Em 1

So I guess what you're telling me is that you believe if you get pulled over and ignore a cop's lawful orders, that they will shrug it off and ignore it?

I’m sorry things aren’t going as well for y’all as you expected in Ukraine. We generally expect our government to operate under the bill of rights in America.

Just now, Chopper said:

So, just to make sure I've got it right: "the law" is that cops get to forcefully pull people--who currently pose zero threat to anyone--out of their cars and violently push them face first onto pavement once that person has "done too many wrong things" because they might have a gun, who knows, or the cop wants to see more of their car, or he just wants them in handcuffs for the remainder of the traffic stop for "safety", or whatever they choose to justify it with in the moment. Can you please point me to that law?

The fuck is wrong with you?

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Drool 1

Just now, Zepol87 said:

I believe write me a fucking ticket and move on, go waste tax dollars somewhere else. 

He's a cop, doing his job, dipshit. Now I see your grievance is that you believe people should be able to drive whatever speed they want. Good for you, you're a real cool dude. Also, your claim that they pulled him over because he's black is total bullshit. Just be glad you're finally learning how to behave if you ever do get pulled over. 

• Fuck You 2

5 minutes ago, tequila said:

I’m sorry things aren’t going as well for y’all as you expected in Ukraine. We generally expect our government to operate under the bill of rights in America.

What does Ukraine have to do with anything? Is your shit reading comprehension hindering our discussion? Did you suffer a serious head wound at some point? Later bitch. 

3 minutes ago, Chopper said:

He's a cop, doing his job, dipshit. Now I see your grievance is that you believe people should be able to drive whatever speed they want. Good for you, you're a real cool dude. Also, your claim that they pulled him over because he's black is total bullshit. Just be glad you're finally learning how to behave if you ever do get pulled over. 

Zepol is a cool dude, and I believe the reason he said "wrong again" is because he's not white.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

So, just to make sure I've got it right: "the law" is that cops get to forcefully pull people--who currently pose zero threat to anyone--out of their cars and violently push them face first onto pavement once that person has "done too many wrong things" because they might have a gun, who knows, or the cop wants to see more of their car, or he just wants them in handcuffs for the remainder of the traffic stop for "safety", or whatever they choose to justify it with in the moment. Can you please point me to that law?

The fuck is wrong with you?

The way the law works in most cases, including situations such as this, previous court decisions dictate what's legal. Those court decisions, unfortunately, give police almost carte blanche to do pretty much anything they want within reason. If you want to start your journey toward learning about it perhaps start with Pennsylvania v. Mimms.

Edited by Chopper

51 minutes ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

the more you post the less I believe you and your story. You called me out for no fucking reason for not responding, on a post you werent even quoting me, for not reading it. If you would've just left it and we continued on with the topic, youd be much more believable. But for voices that don't matter, you truly do try hard to convince everyone who youre "arguing" against how true and right you are and how wrong and stupid the rest of us are.  Yea youre full of shit. I dont care if you lived it. Youre not proving anything to me and you never will. youre anonymous and so am I. tyreek hills traffic stop dipshittery avalanched into the cops  ultra dipshittery thatll probably cost jobs and we all can see that. acting like a dipshit to any cop, whether youre protected by law or WGAF, is fucking stupid.  like dcar said...its not just about knowing laws and shit...its about staying ahead of the game. Tyreek did none of that here and it showed.

You always had your mind to dick suck the cops and only said "BOTH SIDES" because you're too much of a pussy to admit your true feelings about the police online. Go fuck yourself.

13 minutes ago, Braff Zacklin said:

Zepol is a cool dude, and I believe the reason he said "wrong again" is because he's not white.

Perhaps he is a cool dude. But he's behaving like an asshole and I'm just explaining my understanding of the law. Also I'll point out that I said "presume" because no matter what his skin color is, he still doesn't know what the fuck he's talking about here. 

6 minutes ago, Chopper said:

The way the law works in most cases, including situations such as this, previous court decisions dictate what's legal. Those court decisions, unfortunately, give police almost carte blanche to do pretty much anything they want within reason. If you want to start your journey toward learning about it perhaps start with Pennsylvania v. Mimms.

Mimms was the "suck my dick, copper, it will be a cold day in hell when I roll down my window for TMZ to take pictures of me, bitch" case , correct?

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Chopper said:

So first Hill had it coming because he was acting unlawfully. But now you're admitting that the legal system is too lenient on police and just explaining to us how the court may view the incident, however excessive. Okay. Which is it?

You cite a 1970's case where the police asked the driver to exit the vehicle, and the officers allowed him to do so of his own free will; what does that have to do with violent and excessive force?

I imagine officers are taught a considerable amount about necessary force in their trainings. Do you believe their actions to be "within reason" on this occasion? Do you think that the cops and police department will all get off scot-free on this one? Because I don't. Video is a hell of a thing. It used to be, a cop's word against someone with a violent criminal history could justify just about anything.

22 minutes ago, Chopper said:

The way some of you haven't figured out that the courts will give the police extreme leniency and tolerate even gross misconduct is mind bottling. 

That there is some serious goalpost moving.

Your original argument was that Tyreek gave them a valid, lawful reason by ignoring their lawful requests and because they have to assume that anyone who is non-compliant could be a threat. Now, you're acknowledging that there was some misconduct at play, but the court system has historically been lenient towards the police? Yeah, no shit, we know. That's why this kind of bullshit happening to famous people on camera is useful. Way harder to make it just go away, even with an internet army twisting themselves into pretzels trying to defend it.

Edited by aggie08
  • Hook 'Em 5

32 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

So first Hill had it coming because he was acting unlawfully. But now you're admitting that the legal system is too lenient on police and just explaining to us how the court may view the incident, however excessive. Okay. Which is it?

You cite a 1970's case where the police asked the driver to exit the vehicle, and the officers allowed him to do so of his own free will; what does that have to do with violent and excessive force?

I imagine officers are taught a considerable amount about necessary force in their trainings. Do you believe their actions to be "within reason" on this occasion? Do you think that the cops and police department will all get off scot-free on this one? Because I don't. Video is a hell of a thing. It used to be, a cop's word against someone with a violent criminal history could justify just about anything.

Perhaps your grasp of the situation would be helped if you went back and read the fucking thread. I'm done repeating myself. You think I'm some apologist for the cops? LOL go fuck yourself. 

For the record, Mimms sets the "reasonableness" standard so that courts look through the eyes of the cop acting with reasonable fear in performance of their duty. That standard entails courts (and therefore cities, states and police departments) giving cops extreme leniency.

I don't know what to tell you...go look at what happened to the case of Eric Garner. 4 cops gang tackled him and not even the cop who put him in a prohibited choke hold and killed him was prosecuted. (edit - Garner was suspected of selling, get this, untaxed single cigarettes when the 4 cops approached him.) The homicidal cop wasn't even fired until 5 years later ffs. Take a look at the case of professional tennis player James Blake who totally out of the blue was slammed to the ground by an officer. No orders, no warning. He was literally just standing there by his hotel waiting for a ride. The cop got off with -- at the most -- some form of internal discipline that the public will never know about. What happened with the Dolphins player is tip of the iceberg. Honestly it's not even that. 

edit - also consider the ONLY union the political party that supports treasonous behavior supports is police unions. There's a reason for that but I'm not getting into it here. 

Edited by Chopper
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

19 minutes ago, Chopper said:

Perhaps your grasp of the situation would be helped if you went back and read the fucking thread. I'm done repeating myself. You think I'm some apologist for the cops? LOL go fuck yourself. 

For the record, Mimms sets the "reasonableness" standard so that courts look through the eyes of the cop acting with reasonable fear in performance of their duty. 

I don't know what to tell you...go look at what happened to the case of Eric Garner. 4 cops gang tackled him and not even the cop who put him in a prohibited choke hold and killed him was prosecuted. (edit - Garner was suspected of selling, get this, untaxed single cigarettes when the 4 cops approached him. The homicidal cop wasn't even fired until 5 years later ffs. Take a look at the case of professional tennis player James Blake who totally out of the blue was slammed to the ground by an officer. No orders, no warning. He was literally just standing there by his hotel waiting for a ride. The cop got off with -- at the most -- some form of internal discipline that the public will never know about. What happened with the Dolphins player is tip of the iceberg. Honestly it's not even that. 

edit - also consider the ONLY union the political party that supports treasonous behavior are police unions. There's a reason for that but I'm not getting into it here. 

I jumped in around page 6 or so. Having missed some of your earlier work, your tone on the last couple of pages definitely came off as "the police officers' actions were well within bounds because Tyreek disobeyed lawful commands" and not "you have to be smart and not give them any excuse to enact violence because they'll fucking take it and most likely get away with it." The latter being closer to what you were getting at.

Apologies for my laziness.

Edited by aggie08

58 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

That there is some serious goalpost moving.

Your original argument was that Tyreek gave them a valid, lawful reason by ignoring their lawful requests and because they have to assume that anyone who is non-compliant could be a threat. Now, you're acknowledging that there was some misconduct at play, but the court system has historically been lenient towards the police? Yeah, no shit, we know. That's why this kind of bullshit happening to famous people on camera is useful. Way harder to make it just go away, even with an internet army twisting themselves into pretzels trying to defend it.

You have a serious problem with reading comprehension. All I've done is explain the law and where the driver went wrong. End of story.

I've highlighted the portions above where your understanding of what I've written is absolutely fucking absurd.

edit - FYI - I am pretty sure it's okay to hold two, perhaps even three, independent and related thoughts at once: The driver behaved rudely and, as it turns out, illegally, and his illegal behavior -- as opposed to his rude behavior -- led to ramifications. He's not at all a sympathetic figure in my eyes. Also, the police hold too much power in our society. And also, they are treated extremely leniently by the courts but there are many aspects to that, the most important of which are probably the Supreme Court's doing. 

Edited by Chopper

2 hours ago, Chopper said:

He was doing his job poorly.  It’s his job to be the bigger man, he was not.  I assume MDPD saw the body cam footage before the public did.  They put him on suspension or desk duty or whatever.  That tells me all I need to know.  A pro cop would have written a ticket and moved on.  This guys small dick prevented him from doing that.  And for the record….i don’t like the dolphins or play fantasy football.

• Hook 'Em 1

The people here saying all cops are bad are just as stupid as the ones saying that the officers actions were justified. 

But, all of you keyboard warriors who believe the officer’s actions were justified need to step back and examine your own world view. It’s incredibly biased and uninformed. And it’s because you haven’t personally experienced it. Hence you are uninformed.  

You are not demonstrating any ability to distinguish the appropriate response levels by the officers to the behaviors of Hill and the other guy. 

Choppers horseshit insistence that the officers legally can take the action they took is flat wrong.   There is a conduct and procedures manual every one of these officers must follow. These officers violated those procedures. Period. 

Edit: I’ll add one comment. I personally don’t like how people are disrespectful to officers. I think it’s terrible. But it’s not illegal. If you don’t want people acting that way with officers pass a law covering disrespectful and other behaviors that place the officer at risk. Then the officer’s actions might be justified. 

Edited by Dbeasy
  • Drool 1

5 hours ago, WelfareBuysMyWeed said:

You always had your mind to dick suck the cops and only said "BOTH SIDES" because you're too much of a pussy to admit your true feelings about the police online. Go fuck yourself.

respecting cops and liking cops are 2 different things.  Im not going, nor do i think its wise to greet a cop tapping on my door window with his knuckle with a DONT KNOCK ON MY WINDOW LIKE THAT WHATS THE MATTER WITH YOU 9 times.  I dont know why im  explaining this to you, your view on cops is decided. so not only do you think you get to decide if all cops are bad or good, you get to tell everyone...errr COMMAND everyone to think the same...or we're all boot licking pussies.

"Go fuck yourself" man that was harsh

• Fuck You 1

1 hour ago, Dbeasy said:

personally don’t like how people are disrespectful to officers

They bring it on themselves. Good cop/Bad cop, They all own the same nasty ass origins and history and they have not changed.  

Seems like the folks with the monopoly on violence should be a bit more discerning and be able to deescalate (you know, their job) yet here we are and have been since the slave patrols.  

fuck the police