9/10 ABC Presidential Debate Game thread

TexasEd

Whose got Bingo Cards?  https://store.kamalaharris.com/harris-walz-debate-bingo-cards-digital-download/

What drinking game are we going with?  

Which channel are you watching it on?  The Host is ABC.  Which pundits do you like the best?

Debate Rules - Who benefits from each one?

• The debate will be 90 minutes with two commercial breaks.
  • The two seated moderators, David Muir and Linsey Davis, will be the only people asking questions.
  • A coin flip was held virtually on Tuesday, Sept. 3, to determine podium placement and order of closing statements; former President Donald Trump won the coin toss and chose to select the order of statements. The former president will offer the last closing statement, and Vice President Harris selected the right podium position on screen (stage left).
  • Candidates will be introduced by the moderators.
  • The candidates enter upon introduction from opposite sides of the stage; the incumbent party will be introduced first.
  • No opening statements; closing statements will be two minutes per candidate.
  • Candidates will stand behind podiums for the duration of the debate.
  • Props or prewritten notes are not allowed onstage.
  • No topics or questions will be shared in advance with campaigns or candidates.
  • Candidates will be given a pen, a pad of paper and a bottle of water.
  • Candidates will have two-minute answers to questions, two-minute rebuttals, and one extra minute for follow-ups, clarifications, or responses.
  • Candidates’ microphones will be live only for the candidate whose turn it is to speak and muted when the time belongs to another candidate.
  • Candidates will not be permitted to ask questions of each other.
  • Campaign staff may not interact with candidates during commercial breaks.
  • Moderators will seek to enforce timing agreements and ensure a civilized discussion.
  • There will be no audience in the room.

Muledick

• Candidates will stand behind podiums for the duration of the debate.
    • Helps Trump with something to lean on and hide his diaper
  • No topics or questions will be shared in advance with campaigns or candidates.
  • Candidates will be given a pen, a pad of paper and a bottle of water.
    • Waiting to see Trump drink that bottle with two hands
  • Candidates’ microphones will be live only for the candidate whose turn it is to speak and muted when the time belongs to another candidate.
    • Helps Trump stay under control
  • There will be no audience in the room.
    • Helps KH

9 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

Probably will watch a few minutes to see her wipe the floor with his dumbass. Don’t think I can handle more than that though. 

This. His voice makes me want to slit my wrists 

• Hook 'Em 5

32 minutes ago, Incredulity said:

Dial 91 set phone down

pour 3 dozen shots

take a shot every time Kamala rolls with, “excuse me I’m speaking”

push 1 on phone and hang on

"Guys, isn't it hilarious that we elected a complete fucking moron who literally can't keep his mouth shut for 2 consecutive minutes?"

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, Incredulity said:

Dial 91 set phone down

pour 3 dozen shots

take a shot every time Kamala rolls with, “excuse me I’m speaking”

push 1 on phone and hang on

How about you do all but the last step

Because you won’t need it 

Edited by Js1

Just now, Js1 said:

The mics are muted you stupid fucking nut bag. So why would she have to tell him “excuse me I’m speaking”

Go troll somewhere else. 

Because she is a moron politibot who only regurgitates platitudes.  She gets under the gun and she absolutely is running home to momma with what “worked” vs. Pence

• Fuck You 5

Let's be very clear. This will not be a "debate" in any accurate understanding of the term.

This will be endless talking points and hot takes going past each other ... or put downs of each other, with Trump hurling insults.

More importantly, it will be a counter to human reason and logic by treating an unhinged lying lunatic as someone concerned with empirical truth. Lulz.

By agreeing to "debate" Trump, all Kamala and the Dems are doing is platforming and further legitimizing two things (among others):

1) Fascism and theocracy as reasonable political philosophies in a secular democracy. 

2) Trump (the lying, deranged, lunatic, hypocrite, strongman, terminal narcissist) as being worthy of debate and intellectual respect. When he deserves none from any reasonable person. 

Reason and logic and evidence can never "win" against deranged lunacy -- which can only be contained. That's why we have mental hospitals.

Edited by BevoAbyss
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, Js1 said:

This. His voice makes me want to slit my wrists 

A tremendous voice.  The very best voice.  They all talk about it.  

9 minutes ago, F250 said:

I see the drinking started early.

Apparently.

Edited by TeeDubya
  • Fuck You 1

Have to work up until the debate, so excuse me for butting in on, and bot being aware of, the discussion.

Kamala ought preface every response with “Donald Trump is a liar.” Just that statement. After, answer whatever the question is. Repeat, “Donald Teump is a liar” forty times, ideally.

Make the non sequitor the focus of the presidential election from this point going forward. Because Donald Trump is s THE liar

• Like 1

2 hours ago, David Dennison said:

I will not watch one minute.

I will follow on surly.

This is the way.

Came to post this.  Trump is not allowed to speak to me through the device that entertains me.  I've made up my mind.  I hope Kamala delivers a pants-down spanking like Texas did to Michigan.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

Flew out at 7 am and just landed back at LGA where I started from. And now an hour car ride back to CT left to go. Many Sky Club drinks in between. Nothing to watch but this thread with you sumbitches.

Kamala bout to wreck some shit. Let’s hear it. Let’s goooooo!

• Hook 'Em 1