9/10 ABC Presidential Debate Game thread

TexasEd

These were the two fact checks I heard, both of which were insane to have to fact check them:

LINSEY DAVIS: There is no state in this country where it is legal to kill a baby after it's born.

DAVID MUIR: I just want to clarify here, you bring up Springfield, Ohio. And ABC News did reach out to the city manager there. He told us there have been no credible reports of specific claims of pets being harmed, injured or abused by individuals within the immigrant community.

Trump's response to the second one is hilarious:

FORMER PRESIDENT DONALD TRUMP: The people on television say my dog was taken and used for food. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 5

4 minutes ago, mdmost said:

I will be so happy that a byproduct of Kamala possibly winning the election is CNN and the NY Times go straight into the toilet. 

Why would you say that about CNN?  I mean tonight they did their undecided voter segment and one of those undecideds said she is now voting for Trump after the debate.  They did mention she voted for Trump in 2020 and 2016 and was leaning Trump this election.  How in the fuck is that considered an undecided voter?

Also, I think after watching both MSNBC and CNN’s “undecided voter segments”, these voters should lose the right to vote.  They are all absolute morons no matter who they say they are voting for now.  The pure dumbness of them saddens me for this country.  The only positive is my son who just started at UT has a great shot of doing well in this world if those are the people he has to go against. 

• Hook 'Em 8
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

Why would you say that about CNN?  I mean tonight they did their undecided voter segment and one of those undecideds said she is now voting for Trump after the debate.  They did mention she voted for Trump in 2020 and 2016 and was leaning Trump this election.  How in the fuck is that considered an undecided voter?

Also, I think after watching both MSNBC and CNN’s “undecided voter segments”, these voters should lose the right to vote.  They are all absolute morons no matter who they say they are voting for now.  The pure dumbness of them saddens me for this country.  The only positive is my son who just started at UT has a great shot of doing well in this world if those are the people he has to go against. 

Think about the type of person that says yes to that invitation. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 2

3 minutes ago, RabidM said:

I'm not sure how many truly undecided voters there are. It's got to be the biggest reason the polls are so tight.  I mean, this shouldn't even be close, but it is.  I don't know that Trump can do anything to lose his base voters.  1 Percent would be disappointing, but not really surprising.  The dems have to turn out their base to win.  The young people have to show up en masse.  Conservative  women have to vote for their own self interests and the interests of their daughters and grand daughters etc...  We still need quite a few things to go right. 

The undecided crowd is a lie in the polling world, and it keeps them (the pollsters) cooking.   Most all these folks aren't undecided, but unaffiliated who already know who they are voting for.  If you ever take one these poll questionnaires you wind up down several different worm hole, one is base republican, one is base democrat, the indy voters worm hole is designed by the pollster groups to secure as many "undecided" as possible.  However, they never ask you directly who'd you vote for in this set of questions, and it's deliberate.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, BevoAbyss said:

This "debate" is complete madness and insanity.

Kamala is not winning anything tonight.

Trumps is going full lying macho bully....

And that moderator is a fucking media lightweight who normalizing the destruction of public discourse and reason.

Kamala is just dragged down into the madness.

I have to ask - is that rogue shop, or some other really good shit?

2 minutes ago, troph said:

I didn’t watch trying to manage stress, did he really say transgender operations for illegal aliens in prisons like forced on prisoners? Or providing medical care to those who are in prison?

Yes. Said that we’re letting the immigrants in then providing transgender operations for immigrants in prison.  Later he came back to it and said that taxpayers are paying for it.

Edited by TexasEd
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, troph said:

I didn’t watch trying to manage stress, did he really say transgender operations for illegal aliens in prisons like forced on prisoners? Or providing medical care to those who are in prison?

No one knows. But check on your cats and dogs.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, WelfareBuysMyWeed said:

This debate not only cast Kamala in great comparison to Donald Trump, it also showed that she's a vastly different candidate in terms of energy and mental ability than Joe Biden. I have to think so many undecideds who supposedly wanted something "different" will see that, she's the most different of any of the 3 major candidates we've seen this election.

Joe Biden is probably saying how glad he is for getting out of the race….he could never have pulled this off…..

• Hook 'Em 1

24 minutes ago, BamaATL said:

He is a fool, but beyond that, he's going to be polling so poorly he'll practically beg for one more crack at it.  Also, remember on September 26th the redacted portion of the Jan 6th indictment drops, so in this month alone, shit stands to get worse for him.  

IF he wants another debate, he'll require that it be on Fox News with his choice of moderators and rules. If I'm Kamala, I think I'd still agree.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, wood said:

So, let's just pretend for a moment that the 'immigrants eating pets' thing is true. I know, I know. It's lunacy, but bear with me. How do the people reporting these incidents know the people who stole their dogs or cats were immigrants, or illegal, etc? Did they have 'illegal immigrant' signs on their backs? How do they know?

Of course, it's all made up nonsense, but I can't believe nobody is asking that question.

Well, the maga-base folks don’t know how to verify if news is true or not….so, they just listen to Fox or other right-wing outlets and accept all as gospel.

• Hook 'Em 2

27 minutes ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

Well, the maga-base folks don’t know how to verify if news is true or not….so, they just listen to Fox or other right-wing outlets and accept all as gospel.

Trump won the debate 70/30 he was the only candidate who spoke to the issues. The poll and comment I saw in 5 mins of watching. I turned it off. 

I couldn’t stand to hear Trump yell hate and scowl at the camera. Barely watched any of it.

Edited by troph
  • Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, mdmost said:

She's really got to now go with the line that we don't want a Conspiracy Theorist as President. This cat shit, you have to run with it. It's straight up fucking lunacy creating by a Neo Nazi. 

Trump will have his folks to go and start stealing people’s pets and eating them with a camera crew, to prove he’s not crazy!

• Haha 3
  • Rage+1 1

9 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

And they can hit up Taylor Swift for the rest they need and leave us the fuck alone right?

Over used but if ever there was a perfect time to use this, your post is it…

Jennifer Lawrence Reaction GIF

• Haha 1
  • Fuck You 1

1 hour ago, LCHorn said:

I don’t want to single anyone out but this turnip shit is stupid.  It’s trying to make fetch happen.   

Donald Dump is right there and has been there this entire team, so huge we couldn't even see it

2 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

the naked gun facepalm GIF

I think that chick is probably the smartest person in the room in just about any room she enters. She impresses me every time. It's like she knows what people are going to say before they even know, and she already has a response ready before they even say it.

• Hook 'Em 3

5 hours ago, BevoAbyss said:

This "debate" is complete madness and insanity.

Kamala is not winning anything tonight.

Trumps is going full lying macho bully....

And that moderator is a fucking media lightweight who normalizing the destruction of public discourse and reason.

Kamala is just dragged down into the madness.

7bc2b33e-4254-4208-9a5d-b3399ca43ecd_tex

21 minutes ago, TexLonghorn said:

Edited by Rimbo

1 hour ago, troph said:

Don't try to make sense of it. There's no sense to be had.

2 hours ago, Js1 said:

There won’t be another debate. He’d be a fool to agree to another one. 

Counterpoint:

He is a fool.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 2

Trump will debate again if Harris will.  Narcissists hate one thing more than being laughed at and that is not being the center of attention.  Trump craves the spotlight. Negative?  Positive? Doesn't matter as long as the spotlight is on him.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, wood said:

I think that chick is probably the smartest person in the room in just about any room she enters. She impresses me every time. It's like she knows what people are going to say before they even know, and she already has a response ready before they even say it.

She let him talk too much and lay out his entire bullshit spiel.  She ain't all that.

• Hook 'Em 5

2 hours ago, troph said:

you should watch, he got completely dominated and was ineffective. It was the normal Trump debate where he takes over and monopolizes the attention and direction. It was the exact opposite, Kamala debated circles around him and, contrary to all the lame-ass "4D chess" memes over the years, honestly masterfully manipulated him throughout the debate, in obvious ways to everyone but Trump. She got him to talk about all sorts of shit he didn't want to talk about, on command. Trump looked hapless and I honestly think you'll find it therapeutic. Kamala ruled the debate.

And yes, he said that, and also that Haitians eat cats and dogs, and that he was right about the central park 5 because they cracked under police interrogation and the prosecutor still thinks they did it. But he said all this after being baited by Kamala into revealing these batshit crazy opinions. He said all this while Kamala was beaming that he took the bait, over and over again. She told the people, "go, actually watch the debate, and listen to the stuff he says." He also told him that she has info as VP, and leaders around the world are laughing at how dumb Trump is, and Generals who served under Trump call him a disgrace. It was actually kinda awesome. It was totally Texas vs Michigan.

• Hook 'Em 1