9/10 ABC Presidential Debate Game thread

TexasEd

3 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

the naked gun facepalm GIF

So much talk about JD Vance being a net negative to the Trump candidacy, but my God, look at the Trump candidacy.  Vance isn't responsible for the immigrant pet snacks narrative.  That's coming out of Trump's brain(worm) trust.  Don't get me wrong.  JD Vance is a stunningly bad VP candidate.  But even so, he may actually be a net positive to the Trump campaign of sheer lunacy.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

5 hours ago, Surly Bevo said:

On the other hand there is no knockout potential until election day so he may figure that he might as well get back in there and see if he can land a haymaker.  It won't go well for him and there will be a lot of standing 8 counts but he's dumb enough to try it.   

His handlers aren’t that dumb. They won’t let him do another one. 

4 hours ago, wood said:

I think that chick is probably the smartest person in the room in just about any room she enters. She impresses me every time. It's like she knows what people are going to say before they even know, and she already has a response ready before they even say it.

Username checks out?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Hookah Horns said:

Trump is undefeated against handlers. 

Not even close. If that were true then he would’ve sat for an in-person interview with Robert Mueller’s team. There are many instances of people in Trump’s circle reining him in.

• Hook 'Em 2

7 hours ago, Longhornstampede said:

Like a couple of zoo monkeys slinging poop at each other. First one to lick their finger loses!

After listening to that babbling moronic Trump, it’s stunning that there are still so many idiots like this person above. 

5 hours ago, Hookah Horns said:

When you really think about it, one of the craziest aspects of our democracy is that we let these people who are not merely uneducated but also willingly consuming misinformation from Russia and elsewhere to have a say in things that affect the lives of those of us who have a fucking clue about how the world works and our place in it. 

The number and percentage of idiots in this country who can’t even process basic information is about an order of magnitude higher than I ever would have guessed. It really is shocking how many dumb gullible people are out there. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 2

17 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Not even close. If that were true then he would’ve sat for an in-person interview with Robert Mueller’s team. There are many instances of people in Trump’s circle reining him in.

Lawyers are a little bit different deal than handlers, though he's ignored plenty of them too. In any case there are countless examples of him ignoring advisors and doing inadvisable shit. 

The WAPO “undecided” group she won 22-2-1 went from pre-debate lean of 12 Harris - 10 Trump - 3 neither to 15 Harris - 6 Trump - 3 neither - 1 no response 

5 of the respondents indicated they are DEFINITELY voting for her after last night. None said the same of Trump

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, WelfareBuysMyWeed said:

Of all the attacks Kamala Harris told Trump tonight, I think my favorite is when she told him that Generals say he is a disgrace. She said it with disgust and vigor and she is in a position to actually know people who would say something like that to him. It's the first time someone of superior authority has thrown it around on Trump to humiliate him on a national stage, and I have to think it probably pissed him off very badly.

https://www.nbcnews.com/now/video/harris-says-military-leaders-think-trump-is-a-disgrace-219043909552

That and that our ally countries leaders laugh at him. She went after his ego and he bit every single time....it was fantastic.

• Hook 'Em 2

9 minutes ago, Js1 said:

The WAPO “undecided” group she won 22-2-1 went from pre-debate lean of 12 Harris - 10 Trump - 3 neither to 15 Harris - 6 Trump - 3 neither - 1 no response 

5 of the respondents indicated they are DEFINITELY voting for her after last night. None said the same of Trump

Completely anecdotal, but I'm in a text group with a few other women from around the country who met and became friends at this function.  The sole Republican in the group, a white woman from a swing state who described herself as upset with the overturning of Roe, was ragging on trump at least as hard as the rest of us last night.  

Not naive enough to think she's definitely voting for Harris, but she certainly wasn't holding back on her opinions of trump.

• Hook 'Em 5

We fucking LOST IT when the moderator calmly delivered this savage blow: 

There is no state in this country where it is legal to kill a baby after it's born

All Trump could do was quote Fox News 

• Hook 'Em 5

2 minutes ago, RDCanecutter said:

You ate cats?

You haven't? Damn, when did your family get to the US? Mine got here early on, we ate all sort of shit. Cat, squirrel, you name it. Massasoit's tribe could not bat an eye without us snagging their pet turkeys and oysters. And gourds. Snagged and ate all their pet gourds.

I will admit I probably have eaten cat. I know I have eaten dog. Was not advertised as Fricassee of French Poodle, but I did NOT STEAL it.

• Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

Why do we keep doing this? Trump doesn't have handlers. He is their king and does whatever he wants. 

Maybe, just maybe, and work with me, they are sitting back and laughing their asses off. We have all strung someone along. Maybe this is that, just out of hand and they do not know how to stop. They have a senile old man who will believe anything.

"Hey Laura, what if we told him in Ohio they are eating pets?"

"no way he will believe it, but fuck it, lets try!"

Edited by InkaUtexas
  • Hook 'Em 6

8 hours ago, aggie08 said:

I was trying to recall what stupid ass reason you have for hating Taylor Swift, but luckily I remembered that I don't care.

Had all her success handed to her all her life, constant need to make everything about herself, does not care at all about a fanbase that religiously supports her. She’s just some racist comments short of being a female Donald Trump. 

• Fuck You 1

1 hour ago, Dbeasy said:

After listening to that babbling moronic Trump, it’s stunning that there are still so many idiots like this person above. 

Careful now, thats an undecided voter! If you say anything mean you'll FORCE him to vote for trump!!

Or maybe he's just a run of the mill #bothsides kind of waterhead

7 minutes ago, Helobious said:

Had all her success handed to her all her life, constant need to make everything about herself, does not care at all about a fanbase that religiously supports her. She’s just some racist comments short of being a female Donald Trump. 

That's certainly a take.  It's hard to believe someone is so blatantly wrong on so many subjects so often. 

Hot Shots Idiot GIF

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

53 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

Pretty sure they advised him not to do this one, but he did.

I’ve never heard that. Not doing it would’ve looked terrible. He had to do it.

They wanted to change the venue to Fox News with an audience of his supporters. When that failed they wanted to keep his mic muted as originally planned to keep some control over him. If they advised him not to do the debate then he should tire them because it would’ve made him look like a coward. And she was baiting him already so they had no choice but to show up. 

17 minutes ago, Helobious said:

lol wut? Is she eating dogs in Ohio too? I’m not a fan of her music but you’re literally making shit up because in your sad little feels, I’m sure you’re a huge fan of the horse face girl she sits in the Chiefs box with now huh

Edited by 'stache
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, 'stache said:

lol wut? Is she eating dogs in Ohio too? I’m not a fan of her music but you’re literally making shit up because in your sad little feels, I’m sure you’re a huge fan of the horse face girl she sits in the Chiefs box with now huh

You're responding to a fucking moron. Just put him on ignore and you'll enjoy this site a lot more. 

• Hook 'Em 2

They had separate boxes at the last KC game. I think Swift was stuck with her at the US Open.