9/10 ABC Presidential Debate Game thread

TexasEd

14 minutes ago, speed817 said:

Who is gonna scroll through TexAgs now???

I looked at it a little bit last night just after the debate. It was a graveyard. A little bit of bitching about the moderators and that was it. 77-0 kind of atmosphere. 

• Haha 5

5 minutes ago, Bojack said:

I looked at it a little bit last night just after the debate. It was a graveyard. A little bit of bitching about the moderators and that was it. 77-0 kind of atmosphere. 

They had 73 pages on the main thread this AM. I read 2 then skimmed a bit. Cliff Notes- Trump won and Harris has no substance. 

No cat recipes.

Most of it is showing replies to responses. Their site makes my eyes bleed. The content makes my head hurt.

Why do I do this to myself?

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Bojack said:

I watched the debate on fox (on sling so it was an easy way to pause and rewatch portions). I thought it was telling that the first thing Trump’s post-debate cheerleaders discussed, rather than the candidates or topics, was the moderators. How horrible they were. Aside from that being laughably false, there simply wasn’t any successful moment for Trump they were excited to bring up. I’ve watched Trump “debate” way too many times. I’ve thought he lost before, but he’s always had some moment where he landed an insult. Something fox could replay over and over. She pitched a no hit shutout.

• Hook 'Em 3

7 hours ago, troph said:

I didn’t watch trying to manage stress, did he really say transgender operations for illegal aliens in prisons like forced on prisoners? Or providing medical care to those who are in prison?

This was at a weak moment of the debate for Harris.  Harris was given a question asking about why some of her positions have changed from previous positions.  Harris said she would reply to all of the points in the question but she only replied to some of them.  I thought she gave a good answer tying her positions back to her values and examples of her work, but Trump had an opening to focus the discussion on Harris's changing positions.

Instead, he said this:

FORMER PRESIDENT DONALD TRUMP: She went out -- she went out in Minnesota and wanted to let criminals that killed people, that burned down Minneapolis, she went out and raised money to get them out of jail. She did things that nobody would ever think of. Now she wants to do transgender operations on illegal aliens that are in prison. This is a radical left liberal that would do this. She wants to confiscate your guns and she will never allow fracking in Pennsylvania. If she won the election, fracking in Pennsylvania will end on day one. Just to finish one thing, so important in my opinion, so, I got the oil business going like nobody has ever done before. They took, when they took over, they got rid of it, started getting rid of it, and the prices were going up the roof. They immediately let these guys go to where they were. I would have been five times, four times, five times higher because you're talking about 3 1/2 years ago. They got it up to where I was because they had no choice. Because the prices of energy were quadrupling and doubling. You saw what happened to gasoline. So, they said let's go back to Trump. But if she won the election, the day after that election, they'll go back to destroying our country and oil will be dead, fossil fuel will be dead. We'll go back to windmills and we'll go back to solar, where they need a whole desert to get some energy to come out. You ever see a solar plant? By the way, I'm a big fan of solar. But they take 400, 500 acres of desert soil--

The last portion on energy policy is an amazing word salad.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Js1 said:

I have to say, most of her reactions to Trump's insane ramblings were a lot more authentic than Hillary's 

How Hillary Clinton won the debate gif war - Macleans.ca

That came off so rehearsed. 

An AI chatbot is more authentic than Hillary.  That was part of the problem.

• Hook 'Em 6

12 minutes ago, InkaUtexas said:

They had 73 pages on the main thread this AM. I read 2 then skimmed a bit. Cliff Notes- Trump won and Harris has no substance. 

No cat recipes.

Most of it is showing replies to responses. Their site makes my eyes bleed. The content makes my head hurt.

Why do I do this to myself?

You are a patriot.

• Hook 'Em 4

4 minutes ago, Texas Jeff said:

This was at a weak moment of the debate for Harris.  Harris was given a question asking about why some of her positions have changed from previous positions.  Harris said she would reply to all of the points in the question but she only replied to some of them.  I thought she gave a good answer tying her positions back to her values and examples of her work, but Trump had an opening to focus the discussion on Harris's changing positions.

Instead, he said this:

FORMER PRESIDENT DONALD TRUMP: She went out -- she went out in Minnesota and wanted to let criminals that killed people, that burned down Minneapolis, she went out and raised money to get them out of jail. She did things that nobody would ever think of. Now she wants to do transgender operations on illegal aliens that are in prison. This is a radical left liberal that would do this. She wants to confiscate your guns and she will never allow fracking in Pennsylvania. If she won the election, fracking in Pennsylvania will end on day one. Just to finish one thing, so important in my opinion, so, I got the oil business going like nobody has ever done before. They took, when they took over, they got rid of it, started getting rid of it, and the prices were going up the roof. They immediately let these guys go to where they were. I would have been five times, four times, five times higher because you're talking about 3 1/2 years ago. They got it up to where I was because they had no choice. Because the prices of energy were quadrupling and doubling. You saw what happened to gasoline. So, they said let's go back to Trump. But if she won the election, the day after that election, they'll go back to destroying our country and oil will be dead, fossil fuel will be dead. We'll go back to windmills and we'll go back to solar, where they need a whole desert to get some energy to come out. You ever see a solar plant? By the way, I'm a big fan of solar. But they take 400, 500 acres of desert soil--

The last portion on energy policy is an amazing word salad.

Her biggest misfire was not mentioning his phone call to Gov. Walz praising his response to the destructive parts of those protests.

Edited by 'stache
  • Hook 'Em 1

29 minutes ago, Goofyboy said:

They had separate boxes at the last KC game. I think Swift was stuck with her at the US Open.

Ah, I really don’t care, didn’t even know horseface was a trumpcunt, just happy that Taylor’s influence could help us get to where we need to be. Also lost any ounce of respect I’ve ever had for Mahomes as a player. Fuck him and his cunt wife.

• Like 1

Harris hit Trump with his own game, the handshake crush. Same thing Macron did to him, but this time, it was by a woman. That's why he was so rattled right out of the gate. Fucking hilarious and brilliant all at the same time. 

Still shots show it a little more clearly.
 trump-harris-debate-gty-lv-240910-2_1726017120834_hpMain.jpg?w=750
Kamala-Harris-shakes-Donald-Trump-s-hand-in-power-move-as-they-meet-for-first-time-251257.avif?r=1726029099680
presidential-debate-harris-trump-gty-lv-240910_1726018583299_hpEmbed_3x2.jpg?w=750

Last photo- “buckle up, mother fucker”
  • Hook 'Em 6
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

10 hours ago, Gil Bang said:

I'm taking one for the team and watching Fox News tonight.

The immediate reaction after the debate was that Trump got killed of course by the time Hannity got on they were downplaying it for Trump, who was out on the spin room

43 minutes ago, speed817 said:

Who is gonna scroll through TexAgs now???

Nope 

I did tune into KLBJ radio this morning and it’s amazing the different worlds those people live in that all think Trump won because “he could have made Kamala cry” is one quote I heard

3 minutes ago, Longhorn94 said:

Where did this Kamala come from?

My dude, it's the same Kamala she's always been.  She was made for this - she's a fucking prosecutor, she dealt with people of Trump's caliber in her entire career.

She won that 2020 VP debate handedly. She had very good moments in the 2019 primary debates (despite the one viral moment of Tulsi just spewing lies about her prosecutorial record).  People look back on those 2019 primary debates that had 10+ candidates and act like that was her norm - it's so easy to get ignored or drowned out against the likes of Biden, Bernie, Warren, etc. when you have share time with everyone. 

Put her 1-on-1 with someone and she's going to destroy them.  She was a first time candidate going up against people like the 2009-2017 Vice President, the 2016 primary runner-up and people like Warren who had 2x her Senate experience. 

Edited by Js1
  • Hook 'Em 8
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

I love her. She was my favorite in 2020. What we saw last night was the first female president of the United States start to take her place. It's over. Someone call 911, she just murdered him...

2 minutes ago, Js1 said:

My dude, it's the same Kamala she's always been.  She was made for this - she's a fucking prosecutor, she dealt with people of Trump's caliber in her entire career.

She won that 2020 VP debate handedly. She had very good moments in the 2019 primary debates (despite the one viral moment of Tulsi just spewing lies about her prosecutorial record).  People look back on those 2019 primary debates that had 10+ candidates and act like that was her norm - it's so easy to get ignored or drowned out against the likes of Biden, Bernie, Warren, etc. when you have share time with everyone. 

Put her 1-on-1 with someone and she's going to destroy them.  

• Hook 'Em 1

55 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

If this board is going to force a poster to scroll texags for their debate responses, we need to raise a few million bucks for the lifetime of intense therapy they’re going to need.

I read through tigerdroppings, AMA

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

Also, if the media is *still* going to bitch about Harris not getting detailed enough on policy, with less than 60 days to go, shouldn't these networks be begging her to do a town hall? Give her 1.5-2 hours just to herself to answer your little policy questions, take questions from voters, etc. 

A) Finally get them to shut up about it
B) Put up or shut up for those "undecided" voters who want to hear more policy from her
C) Give her solo time to talk - no Trump, no bullshit formats, no mic mutes or getting cut off by moderators, etc.

Tired Kamala Harris GIF

They'd rather complain about it

• Hook 'Em 4

1 hour ago, Helobious said:

Had all her success handed to her all her life, constant need to make everything about herself, does not care at all about a fanbase that religiously supports her. She’s just some racist comments short of being a female Donald Trump. 

image.gif.106801a2ac8e29dfc32f8a7ec8dc22e5.gif

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Also, if the media is *still* going to bitch about Harris not getting detailed enough on policy, with less than 60 days to go, shouldn't these networks be begging her to do a town hall? Give her 1.5-2 hours just to herself to answer your little policy questions, take questions from voters, etc. 

A) Finally get them to shut up about it
B) Put up or shut up for those "undecided" voters who want to hear more policy from her
C) Give her solo time to talk - no Trump, no bullshit formats, no mic mutes or getting cut off by moderators, etc.

Tired Kamala Harris GIF

They'd rather complain about it

I mean, I don't know for sure she'd want to do it for 90 minutes. 

1 minute ago, SydneyCarton said:

I mean, I don't know for sure she'd want to do it for 90 minutes. 

Maybe not 90, but do it for 60 then. 

It is not her job to beg for a forum to talk policy - if they demand her to go into the fine print/details, then they need to ask her to come and do that.  Not try to pin her down in a shitty CNN interview that was spliced and diced into 40 minutes or a debate where they give her 2 minutes to talk and get cut off so Trump can ramble for 3 minutes.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1