9/10 ABC Presidential Debate Game thread

TexasEd

9 hours ago, WelfareBuysMyWeed said:

Of all the attacks Kamala Harris told Trump tonight, I think my favorite is when she told him that Generals say he is a disgrace. She said it with disgust and vigor and she is in a position to actually know people who would say something like that to him. It's the first time someone of superior authority has thrown it around on Trump to humiliate him on a national stage, and I have to think it probably pissed him off very badly.

https://www.nbcnews.com/now/video/harris-says-military-leaders-think-trump-is-a-disgrace-219043909552

She missed a shot where she should have said "You fucking HIRED all of those  cabinet positions you just bragged about FIRING!"

• Hook 'Em 3

1 minute ago, Red Five said:

"My lies were corrected so many times! By a news organization! Can you believe it? So many times I lied and they called me out on it." 

to be fair, he’s not used to our complicit for profit media actually doing that 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, 'stache said:

Her biggest misfire was not mentioning his phone call to Gov. Walz praising his response to the destructive parts of those protests.

Mistake or just a missed opportunity? When you’ve got 5 meatballs heading your way simultaneously, you can only smash one or 2 of them right? 

30 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Also, if the media is *still* going to bitch about Harris not getting detailed enough on policy, with less than 60 days to go, shouldn't these networks be begging her to do a town hall? Give her 1.5-2 hours just to herself to answer your little policy questions, take questions from voters, etc. 

A) Finally get them to shut up about it
B) Put up or shut up for those "undecided" voters who want to hear more policy from her
C) Give her solo time to talk - no Trump, no bullshit formats, no mic mutes or getting cut off by moderators, etc.

Tired Kamala Harris GIF

They'd rather complain about it

I wouldn’t get into specifics right now if I were her. Bask in this for at least a couple days. Don’t give Trump or Fox anything. 

Just now, Underdog said:

Did she really crack on his rally crowds and people leaving during them? 

Yes, it was hilarious. This debate had some genuinely funny moments and they were all at trumps expense 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Underdog said:

Did she really crack on his rally crowds and people leaving during them? 

Yep and he took the bait.  She basically picked the topics she wanted him to rant about it and he fell for it every time.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, B00M said:

Yes, it was hilarious. This debate had some genuinely funny moments and they were all at trumps expense 

I genuinely laughed out loud at "I have a concept of a plan". For fucking healthcare. Eight years after he was elected president, and 8.5 years after telling us he has a great plan. 

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 3

Yes, the moderators fact checked him more. That's because he said completely false things that weren't even germaine to the topic they were discussing. Stupid outlandish shit like killing babies after they are born and migrants eating cats and dogs. Kamala's worst lie was "blood bath" and "good people on both sides". The moderators let him run roughshod over them. They let him talk, interrupt, get more time. They constantly allowed him multiple extra rebuttals. The real problem is they let him talk too much when he was already vomiting out stupid shit over and over. The right is mad that they didn't help Trump not destroy himself. Kamala saw what he was doing and let him go. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Zonahorn said:

That was my favorite line of the night.  

Mostly because he said post-debate that his team in 2020 told him if he got at least 63m votes, he'd win.  And he surpassed that- but he lost because Joe Biden got 81m.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2

21 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Does he know what debunked means?

He meant to say, SHE was saying previously debunked things, but he doesn’t even know where he is or who he’s talking to anymore. 

• Hook 'Em 2

9 minutes ago, Red Five said:

I genuinely laughed out loud at "I have a concept of a plan". For fucking healthcare. Eight years after he was elected president, and 8.5 years after telling us he has a great plan. 

Yeah, if there was ever a plan, the time to unveil it was when he was in the whitehouse with control of congress. Instead he did fuck all and he’s completely destroyed the Republican Party ever since. 

1 hour ago, BamaATL said:

I don't agree with all this, because I don't know any of the history with her, not really anyway.  I will say, I don't get it with her, I don't like her music, and I don't think it's remotely healthy we seem to have so many people extremely obsessed with this woman.  All that having been said, at the very minimum, she on the right side of this as far as I'm concerned and I appreciate her for that.  Generally speaking, taking a political stance is bad for business, so that sort of flies in the face of the idea she is single minded concerned with her own well being financially (by the way, that alone makes her absolutely nothing like Trump).  

In this battle, we'll take all the help we can get.  

Do you have a daughter? It's refreshing to have an entertainer for her to look up to that writes their own music (about the ups and downs of life/relationships, not just about finding someone hot to grind up on on the dancefloor), can play her own instruments, who formulates her own opinion on things and can express them capably and passionately, and shows that there's other ways to dress attractively than just the amount of skin visible. I imagine women of all ages find something to admire about her.

And beyond potential financial impacts, expressing anti-Trump, anti-GOP positions like she has for the past 6+ years puts a target on her back as big as anyone in the country's. Even with her (presumably) bad ass security team, that takes courage.

But agreed, obsession about pretty much anything isn't particularly healthy, especially someone you're never going to know on any real level.

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, TexasEd said:

The immediate reaction after the debate was that Trump got killed of course by the time Hannity got on they were downplaying it for Trump, who was out on the spin room

Nope 

I did tune into KLBJ radio this morning and it’s amazing the different worlds those people live in that all think Trump won because “he could have made Kamala cry” is one quote I heard

KLBJ is the one of the biggest propaganda sources I’ve ever heard in my life. It’s pretty much the Rush Limbaugh of Austin. And they get these old callers calling in who have been completely fooled into believing they are hearing facts. It’s so sad. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 2

Right. Rutabagas are orange. Turnips are an off white. Both, along with carrots, diced and boiled until tender, then mashed with butter, salt, pepper, and a touch of dill weed make an outstanding side dish.

I’ve assumed turnip became a trump nickname based on slang, ie “And “turnip” itself became slang for a simpleton or a fool”

• Hook 'Em 3

I think Trump just didnt push the story far enough. He should have gone for eating babies. Not the unborn babies. No, they eat babies right after they are born. Because post-birth abortion is legal in those states. That's why they eat them. The babies. 

- Jack Handey

Edited by wood
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

54 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Stupid fucks on the right saying Swift endorsement means nothing.  LOL

’People care about the economy.  She doesn’t matter.’

Riiiiiight, who would want Taylor Swift's endorsement when they can have Kid Rock's...?

• Haha 3

Moar.

WHAT HAPPENED DURING THE 2ND COMMERCIAL BREAK? Per pooler

@saraecook

of

@cbsnews

: "The second the stage hand said they were clear for a 4 minute break, Trump turned towards the exit, gave a big sigh through closed lips, and walked off stage without looking at Harris. "From the time the moderators announced they were going to break, Harris began writing on her notepad. She wrote continuously for the entire first two minutes of the break, occasionally bringing one hand to her chin or brushing hair behind her ear. "She then reviewed what she wrote for the next minute, making a few tweaks, before putting the pen down and looking out around the room with her hands folded in front of her. She took a sip of water from a glass placed under the lectern. "Trump walked back onstage 30 seconds before the end of break. He did not look at Harris, she did not look at him. Harris made small adjustments to her collar. Both candidates looked straight ahead until the program restarted. "Again, no words were spoken."

• Hook 'Em 1