9/10 ABC Presidential Debate Game thread

TexasEd

10 hours ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

Beyhive was there from the beginning.  But we'll take you straggling asses along for the ride to victory.  Welcome aboard.

while all admittedly, true, you have to admit the timing of her announcement was a brilliant surgical strike, enhancing the impact of the debate performance.    It’s like being two scores ahead in the middle of the fourth quarter, and then scoring a touchdown, recovering a fumble on the kickoff, Scoring on a long pass, And then intercepting a comeback pass for another score.

Instead of “ A solid win” - everyone is talking about “the complete annihilation of Michigan”

• Hook 'Em 7

There were a couple of times where Kamala cut into Trump by listening out his misdeeds and character flaws in a way only a woman can do. Just completely eviscerated Trump with her words.

I kinda felt like Jesse Pinkman for a moment.

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b952co4jhjn0wloqfuj7vx

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

8 minutes ago, F250 said:

There were a couple of times where Kamala cut into Trump by listening out his misdeeds and character flaws in a way only a woman can do. Just completely eviscerated Trump with her words.

I kinda felt like Jesse Pinkman for a moment.

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b952co4jhjn0wloqfuj7vx

The way she said "You're a disgrace" was awesome, because she was quoting someone else, but also saying that herself. 

• Hook 'Em 4

1 hour ago, aggie08 said:

Do you have a daughter? It's refreshing to have an entertainer for her to look up to that writes their own music (about the ups and downs of life/relationships, not just about finding someone hot to grind up on on the dancefloor), can play her own instruments, who formulates her own opinion on things and can express them capably and passionately, and shows that there's other ways to dress attractively than just the amount of skin visible. I imagine women of all ages find something to admire about her.

And beyond potential financial impacts, expressing anti-Trump, anti-GOP positions like she has for the past 6+ years puts a target on her back as big as anyone in the country's. Even with her (presumably) bad ass security team, that takes courage.

But agreed, obsession about pretty much anything isn't particularly healthy, especially someone you're never going to know on any real level.

I don't have a daughter, so that's fair.  I also just don't like her music, which is fine by the way, music is completely subjective, a lot of people certainly do enjoy it.  Good for them.  

I would point out, that having a pop singer influence an election is weird as hell, but I'm glad she's on the right side of things.  

• Hook 'Em 2

My favorite moment of the entire night was when she said she was going to do something uncharacteristic and invite everyone to go to a Donald Trump rally because it will be unhinged and people will leave in the middle of it. 
She fucking derailed his entire night with that. His brain melted. 
My second favorite part was when she almost called him a mother fucker. 

I also especially like the part where she told him every military leader who served under him thought he was a disgrace. Or something like that.
  • Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, BamaATL said:

I would point out, that having a pop singer influence an election is weird as hell, but I'm glad she's on the right side of things.

100%. It's embarrassing as hell that we need pop stars and celebrities to help save us because the electorate is too stupid to piece together that the guy talking about post-birth abortions probably isn't fit to be President...again. But here we are.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Rage+1 1

5 minutes ago, Derka said:

we need more people and posts like this from republicans. we need the sane ones who remember the actual republican party before it became the cult of a deranged demagogue to shout this shit from the mountaintops:

I don't know who that is but he's a million percent right here.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Derka said:

we need more people and posts like this from republicans. we need the sane ones who remember the actual republican party before it became the cult of a deranged demagogue to shout this shit from the mountaintops:

JP and I appear to have a lot in common. I’ve debated with my right wing family for years now. Respectfully saying much of what JP says there. The Trumpers are too far gone to hear it and they simply respond with low brow vitriol. They need to figure it out for themselves and the best way to start that process is to elect the 1st female POTUS. 

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

She started in the music business as a teenager, and has worked her ass off for 20 years to get where she is...she writes her own music, writes and directs her own videos (as she's gotten older), and shes fought back against unfairness in the music industry.

Oh! That totally explains it!!!

57 minutes ago, honolulu horn said:

Japan refused to debate the US a second time during WWII. 

Well, there was the first debate "Hmmm...would you like to surrender?", and then the second debate "Hiroshima's gone... NOW would you like to surrender?", but they acquiesced rather than having a third one.

7 minutes ago, Aqua Buddha said:

That's creep AF.  What's his problem?

He wants Travis Kelce to kick his ass?

Edited by NWBuck
  • Hook 'Em 1

13 minutes ago, Derka said:

That needs a screenshot for the ones that won't go in the open sewer over there.

Screenshot_20240911-111100.png

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

13 minutes ago, Derka said:

This is awesome, and I don't want to knock someone (who apparently has a decent audience) for putting himself out there like this...

...but "I supported DeSantis because I want sanity to return to the GOP" is still really funny to me.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Maybe this has already been discussed, but Trump made a claim that Taliban snipers were killing American troops in Afghanistan until he negotiated with them.  He claimed that after his negotiations not one person died for 18 months because he threatened to bomb "Abdul's" house (not the correct name). 

Let's suppose this story is somewhat accurate. What was stopping him from doing something about this between Jan 2017 and Feb 2020? It took him 3 years to get around to this? Was he too busy coming up with his Health Care Plan concept? And it's not like Biden got into office and the Taliban started attacking again because he was weak, they got one suicide attack off as the military was leaving the country and that was it.

All Trump did was acquiesce to the Talinban's demands of prisoner releases, and they were happy to comply. It wasn't some great plan, it was him rolling over because he didn't have any personal financial interest in Afghanistan to defend.

Screenshot_20240911_110744_Chrome.thumb.jpg.c258c93c35363499af3cdf3fc9705f16.jpg

• Hook 'Em 3

4 minutes ago, linux said:

it’s hard to imagine people being even more stupid than Trump fans at this point, but the morons who said that JD Vance would easily win the election if he were the presidential nominee should be euthanized - so that the brain worms don’t cause them any more pain.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 3

8 minutes ago, Gatorubet said:

it’s hard to imagine people being even more stupid than Trump fans at this point, but the morons who said that JD Vance would easily win the election if he were the presidential nominee should be euthanized - so that the brain worms don’t cause them any more pain.

Sssshhh let them try that next time

26 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

100%. It's embarrassing as hell that we need pop stars and celebrities to help save us because the electorate is too stupid to piece together that the guy talking about post-birth abortions probably isn't fit to be President...again. But here we are.

IMG_4736.jpeg.917647c67441ce104a83eab04a70398a.jpeg

24 minutes ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

He posted this AFTER Taylor's endorsement.  Holy fucking shit.

i’m sure her many fans will appreciate Elmo suggesting that Taylor has no say in whether Elmo will impregnate her.   JD Vance would approve. 

How can this not sway young female voters to Trump?

• Hook 'Em 1

19 minutes ago, Dutchrudder said:

Maybe this has already been discussed, but Trump made a claim that Taliban snipers were killing American troops in Afghanistan until he negotiated with them.  He claimed that after his negotiations not one person died for 18 months because he threatened to bomb "Abdul's" house (not the correct name). 

Let's suppose this story is somewhat accurate. What was stopping him from doing something about this between Jan 2017 and Feb 2020? It took him 3 years to get around to this? Was he too busy coming up with his Health Care Plan concept? And it's not like Biden got into office and the Taliban started attacking again because he was weak, they got one suicide attack off as the military was leaving the country and that was it.

All Trump did was acquiesce to the Talinban's demands of prisoner releases, and they were happy to comply. It wasn't some great plan, it was him rolling over because he didn't have any personal financial interest in Afghanistan to defend.

Screenshot_20240911_110744_Chrome.thumb.jpg.c258c93c35363499af3cdf3fc9705f16.jpg

Narrator: the story was not somewhat accurate 

20 minutes ago, Gatorubet said:

That was back when people were assuming that JD Vance was remotely close to a normal human being and he was going to be running against barely breathing Biden. Both those assumptions fell apart quickly. The donut shop video still kills me. “Ok, good” 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Celery Man said:

Has Johnny come in here and explained that his south Texas buddies have seen  the picnic baskets next to the Muslim prayer blankets?

Damn that was a deep cut 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, Celery Man said:

Has Johnny come in here and explained that his south Texas buddies have seen  the picnic baskets next to the Muslim prayer blankets?

migrant caravan about close to firing up !!!!

and they’re all going to vote !!!!!

• Haha 1