9/10 ABC Presidential Debate Game thread

TexasEd

3 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

I am confused by a few things in this post. I will go over them individually.

It bothers me that she did better than people expected her to. I wonder what motivates that thought? She is a career courtroom lawyer performing in what is almost a courtroom setting. The studying and prep. The strategy to rattle the opponent or witness. Selling herself to the American people or jury. I have been saying she is going to wipe the floor with him and she did exactly what I expected her to. This isn't a politician with a law degree, this is a lawyer turned politician. No one should be surprised. "I can't believe Quinn Ewers threw a football", is what this equates to.

What was ABC supposed to do when Trump stated people were eating animals, killing babies post birth, and saying the election was stolen from him? The Charlottesville comments were dog-whistling, and I am an expert on that because that technique was built on the backs of black people like me. But if you need proof of those comments being dog-whistles look at what happened shortly thereafter. All the Supremacist groups immediately joined MAGA and have remained with him ever since. That is all you need to know. Since then he has made many other comments including his direct orders to the Proud Boys.

Now onto this project 2025 thing. It is not hard to attach Trump to project 2025 if you took the time to crack it's pages. Here are things Trump has done, tried to do, or talked about doing that align with the plans in Project 2025.

Turning over Roe

Mass Deportation of Illegals

Eliminating the Dept of Education

Eliminating subsidies for electric vehicles

Attacking DEI

Pulling out of the Paris Accords

Still not convinced yet? Trump said he knows nothing about project 2025 and doesn't know anyone over there. 140 Trump advisors and aides had a hand in writing it. JD Vance wrote the forward. Here is a picture of Trump on a plane with Kevin Roberts, the author of Project 2025. There are other pics if you just took the time to look.

Trump-and-Kevin-Roberts-1024x768.thumb.jpeg.e6cddb46107a19ac902e69c636a64bbd.jpeg

Still not convinced? Here is hidden video some journalists did where Russell Vought, co-author of Project 2025 is explaining Trump distancing himself from it.

Still not convinced? Here is Trump talking about how the good people at The Heritage Foundation have a detailed plan for how they are going to go forward(video on the right}. He doesn't name it by name but you know what this means right?

So now we have the alignment of Trump policies. Many people from Trump's camp involved in the writing. His VP candidate writing the forward. Pictures of him meeting the author. The other author telling you why Trump is distancing himself from the project UNTIL they get in office. Then finally Trump praising the Heritage Foundation for its detailed plan for the future. If you STILL are trying to say he doesn't know anything about it you are simply a bad actor and flat out MAGA. We see you no matter how hard you try to "both sides".

Let's play that last part out.  If MAGA says he doesn't know what it is then either he is the stupidest person alive with all the connections you laid out or everyone around him is lying to him.

• Hook 'Em 4

There is no document more tailored made for creating a dictatorship than project 2025. It lays out specifically bow it will end democracy. They only reason I believe the lie that Trump ever read it is because he is a lazy fat fuck that can only digest tweets not a manual.

But rest assured that tome was written specifically from him he ordered his underlings to plan out ahead how to proceed in a future Trump dictatorship.

• Hook 'Em 7

13 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

It bothers me that she did better than people expected her to. I wonder what motivates that thought? She is a career courtroom lawyer performing in what is almost a courtroom setting. The studying and prep. The strategy to rattle the opponent or witness. Selling herself to the American people or jury. I have been saying she is going to wipe the floor with him and she did exactly what I expected her to. This isn't a politician with a law degree, this is a lawyer turned politician. No one should be surprised. "I can't believe Quinn Ewers threw a football", is what this equates to.

You are parsing my surprise at how well Kamala did with me thinking she wasn't capable. That's the wrong vantage point. I circled this debate and was looking forward to it for weeks since she became the democratic nominee, and fully expected her to destroy him. But she exceeded even my lofty expectations. It's not that I thought poorly of her, quite the opposite. It's that she looked like one of the best ever up there, like straight up Jordan mode. I am so deeply impressed by her now, easily more so than I've ever been from any politician ever. She blew my mind last night.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, C-Man said:

And he doesn't want Bret Baier or Martha MacAllum to moderate because he doesn't think the "praised him enough" after last night's performance. Meanwhile, he thought Jesse Watters was "fantastic" and would love him, Hannity or Ingraham instead.

Those three are the best debunkers.

7 hours ago, Willfully Horn said:

Moar.

WHAT HAPPENED DURING THE 2ND COMMERCIAL BREAK? Per pooler

@saraecook

of

@cbsnews

: "The second the stage hand said they were clear for a 4 minute break, Trump turned towards the exit, gave a big sigh through closed lips, and walked off stage without looking at Harris. "From the time the moderators announced they were going to break, Harris began writing on her notepad. She wrote continuously for the entire first two minutes of the break, occasionally bringing one hand to her chin or brushing hair behind her ear. "She then reviewed what she wrote for the next minute, making a few tweaks, before putting the pen down and looking out around the room with her hands folded in front of her. She took a sip of water from a glass placed under the lectern. "Trump walked back onstage 30 seconds before the end of break. He did not look at Harris, she did not look at him. Harris made small adjustments to her collar. Both candidates looked straight ahead until the program restarted. "Again, no words were spoken."

3 minute diaper change, impressive

th?id=OIP.4LRzhvGbC0AJy2_wYCoEGwAAAA&pid=Api&P=0&h=220

4 hours ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

Damnit, someone posted a tweet earlier this morning that had Harris starting to talk about dotard and then they inserted a bunch of movie insults into it and finished with her addressing him; now I can't find it.  Can anyone help a brother out?

image.thumb.png.172511d04bb9f310d62ed57c447a90c2.png

• Hook 'Em 3

26 minutes ago, linux said:

There is no document more tailored made for creating a dictatorship than project 2025. It lays out specifically bow it will end democracy. They only reason I believe the lie that Trump ever read it is because he is a lazy fat fuck that can only digest tweets not a manual.

But rest assured that tome was written specifically from him he ordered his underlings to plan out ahead how to proceed in a future Trump dictatorship.

Fact:  He's read the bullet points or the pictographs of the bullet points.  They make up 75% of his speeches with the rest filled in by sharks, electric boats and eating cats and dogs.

• Hook 'Em 3

17 minutes ago, WelfareBuysMyWeed said:

You are parsing my surprise at how well Kamala did with me thinking she wasn't capable. That's the wrong vantage point. I circled this debate and was looking forward to it for weeks since she became the democratic nominee, and fully expected her to destroy him. But she exceeded even my lofty expectations. It's not that I thought poorly of her, quite the opposite. It's that she looked like one of the best ever up there, like straight up Jordan mode. I am so deeply impressed by her now, easily more so than I've ever been from any politician ever. She blew my mind last night.

I am mainly talking about those so called "Independents" who are MAGA attempting to hide in plain sight. For the rest of us I liken it to current Texas Football. We've been wandering in the wilderness for so long it's hard to believe that Oasis is actually real. So when you go on the road and play an inferior team like Michigan, it's hard to allow yourself to imagine a win. However, once the curb-stomping begins, you realize pretty quickly what were you worried about? You were always going to win because Sark just simply has assembled a better team.

Harris has said she knows how to handle him but we are scared to believe her because Hillary. However, if you pull back and think about it they were trying out what works on Trump through memes. Testing his defenses. Finding out what triggers him. Then writing it, masterfully, into debate talking points. The use of "a study at Wharton" slid by most Americans, but us in the know were like "Ouch!". Steve Sarkisian, I mean Kamala Harris is making all the right moves, and its time to trust again.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, BamaATL said:

I'm guessing the betting market just changed a bit. 

20 hours ago, Js1 said:

About an hour or so in, it had shifted 7 points in Harris‘ favor

still catching up but on the site I use, Sunday it was +120 Kamala, Monday +105, and when I put in my bet during the day on Tuesday it was +100. As of right now its at -120 Kamala.

• Hook 'Em 1

59 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

What was ABC supposed to do when Trump stated people were eating animals, killing babies post birth, and saying the election was stolen from him? The Charlottesville comments were dog-whistling, and I am an expert on that because that technique was built on the backs of black people like me. But if you need proof of those comments being dog-whistles look at what happened shortly thereafter. All the Supremacist groups immediately joined MAGA and have remained with him ever since. That is all you need to know. Since then he has made many other comments including his direct orders to the Proud Boys.

Now onto this project 2025 thing. It is not hard to attach Trump to project 2025 if you took the time to crack it's pages. Here are things Trump has done, tried to do, or talked about doing that align with the plans in Project 2025.

Turning over Roe

Mass Deportation of Illegals

Eliminating the Dept of Education

Eliminating subsidies for electric vehicles

Attacking DEI

Pulling out of the Paris Accords

Still not convinced yet? Trump said he knows nothing about project 2025 and doesn't know anyone over there. 140 Trump advisors and aides had a hand in writing it. JD Vance wrote the forward. Here is a picture of Trump on a plane with Kevin Roberts, the author of Project 2025. There are other pics if you just took the time to look.

Trump-and-Kevin-Roberts-1024x768.thumb.jpeg.e6cddb46107a19ac902e69c636a64bbd.jpeg

Still not convinced? Here is hidden video some journalists did where Russell Vought, co-author of Project 2025 is explaining Trump distancing himself from it.

Still not convinced? Here is Trump talking about how the good people at The Heritage Foundation have a detailed plan for how they are going to go forward(video on the right}. He doesn't name it by name but you know what this means right?

So now we have the alignment of Trump policies. Many people from Trump's camp involved in the writing. His VP candidate writing the forward. Pictures of him meeting the author. The other author telling you why Trump is distancing himself from the project UNTIL they get in office. Then finally Trump praising the Heritage Foundation for its detailed plan for the future. If you STILL are trying to say he doesn't know anything about it you are simply a bad actor and flat out MAGA. We see you no matter how hard you try to "both sides".

Non-elected organization is developing a Mandate. I love that one. Straight out of some other assholes playbook.

• Hook 'Em 2

15 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

I am mainly talking about those so called "Independents" who are MAGA attempting to hide in plain sight. For the rest of us I liken it to current Texas Football. We've been wandering in the wilderness for so long it's hard to believe that Oasis is actually real. So when you go on the road and play an inferior team like Michigan, it's hard to allow yourself to imagine a win. However, once the curb-stomping begins, you realize pretty quickly what were you worried about? You were always going to win because Sark just simply has assembled a better team.

Harris has said she knows how to handle him but we are scared to believe her because Hillary. However, if you pull back and think about it they were trying out what works on Trump through memes. Testing his defenses. Finding out what triggers him. Then writing it, masterfully, into debate talking points. The use of "a study at Wharton" slid by most Americans, but us in the know were like "Ouch!". Steve Sarkisian, I mean Kamala Harris is making all the right moves, and its time to trust again.

All that's true. But what I think some people missed is how much of this performance is actually on Kamala herself. I was talking to my dad today about the debate -- he's elated with the results. But he had a comment that was like "credit to those people she had prepping and advising her because they're awesome." And yes, those people deserve credit and are world class, but Hillary Clinton and Joe Biden had people like that too. Being prepared and well versed isn't enough. It's the savvy and ability to use those tools for devastating effect, and Kamala nailed it. She has "Sark" in her corner, but she was Quinn Ewers playing his best under the bright lights. Total team win top to bottom that is impressive in how well oiled it was. Fuck, this is making me want to go back and rewatch it. Again.

• Hook 'Em 9

8 minutes ago, WelfareBuysMyWeed said:

All that's true. But what I think some people missed is how much of this performance is actually on Kamala herself. I was talking to my dad today about the debate -- he's elated with the results. But he had a comment that was like "credit to those people she had prepping and advising her because they're awesome." And yes, those people deserve credit and are world class, but Hillary Clinton and Joe Biden had people like that too. Being prepared and well versed isn't enough. It's the savvy and ability to use those tools for devastating effect, and Kamala nailed it. She has "Sark" in her corner, but she was Quinn Ewers playing his best under the bright lights. Total team win top to bottom that is impressive in how well oiled it was. Fuck, this is making me want to go back and rewatch it. Again.

My 16 yr old daughter asked to watch it. So we are gonna do the same.

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

Harris could say we’re good with Fox, you can have your emotional support moderators but each candidate has to perform the debate while pedaling on a Peloton bike. She shows up in an uber milfy Lululemon outfit after spritzing a little water over her cleavage. I would watch that. 

200w.gif?cid=6c09b952z9s8k0m1s0bc4mjwfs3

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

25 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

Harris could say we’re good with Fox, you can have your emotional support moderators but each candidate has to perform the debate while pedaling on a Peloton bike. She shows up in an uber milfy Lululemon outfit after spritzing a little water over her cleavage. I would watch that. 

Jerking Off First Round GIF by NCAA March Madness

• Haha 3

12 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Speaking of being a fucking luddite when are you going to fix the issue where my shit says TREEFIDDY instead of Burnt Ends depending on the current date relative to billing cycle?

I didn't realize this was still an issue. I have a job that runs every 4 hours that should fix this. I'll make sure it's running correctly. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, immamac said:

I didn't realize this was still an issue. I have a job that runs every 4 hours that should fix this. I'll make sure it's running correctly. 

Thank you, sir. I'm not sure if it's working either as I just noticed the TREE FIDDY under my name just a little bit ago.

But mark my words, I'm still angry!

• Haha 3

22 hours ago, OU Sucks said:

Ever since I noticed Trump doesn't have a neck, I can't stop looking at it.

He looks like the Pepe frog.

My 8 year old noticed what we were watching and even though I said not to pay attention, he did, shocker I know. His sole observation was to ask “why doesn’t that guy smile?” Perfectly sums trump up last night.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, 'stache said:

I literally fucking don't care, this is 2024, where half the country supports a person who literally cannot speak without lying. Everything, and I mean every fucking word that comes out of his mouth is a lie. When fighting back against that piece of shit I don't fucking care if something is kinda sorta maybe a little misleading. 

I think of this scene

2 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

lol 

I love this guy. Lol

I remember seeing an interview with him several years back getting the same question asked multiple times that he would not answer.  He finally just yelled ASKED AND ANSWERED!!!

• Hook 'Em 3

2 hours ago, WelfareBuysMyWeed said:

Yep, she  dragged his scowling ass across the stage and back.  He looked  like an 80 year old Denis the menace.  

• Hook 'Em 2