9/10 ABC Presidential Debate Game thread

TexasEd

11 hours ago, Derka said:

It's like those Osborne Nebraska teams of the 80s and 90s. You knew they were running the option. They were always going to run the option. You were going to prepare for it, and they were going to run it. You knew what play they were going to run and when and where.

And they won 3 national titles that way in 6 years. (And, by the way, played against us and lost in those other 3.)

• Hook 'Em 2

3 hours ago, texasdago said:

Man quoting so I don't forget these clips

Yeah brother. Handy little clips for those MAGA family members who are 2025 deniers. I keep things like that on hand to bust chops on the regular.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rimbo said:

It's like those Osborne Nebraska teams of the 80s and 90s. You knew they were running the option. They were always going to run the option. You were going to prepare for it, and they were going to run it. You knew what play they were going to run and when and where.

And they won 3 national titles that way in 6 years. (And, by the way, played against us and lost in those other 3.)

image.gif.b5a58f6c5fc033ede9da389706d6276b.gif

• Hook 'Em 8
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, tx ind said:

Let's play that last part out.  If MAGA says he doesn't know what it is then either he is the stupidest person alive with all the connections you laid out or everyone around him is lying to him.

He claims he hasn't shared his views with Vance, his VP.  Who operates like this?  Who chooses a VP candidate, who is associated with a framework of policy intended for America, and then states they don't talk about policy?  It should not only be called out, but it's just a shitty, failing way to operate.  Communication is fundamental to rule of law, governance, much less teaching and education. And yet he communicates terribly in a televised debate in front of tens of millions and people let him skate.  The NYT doesn't say shit about it.   Their complaint is that he was called out 3 times by the moderators for hugely, obscene lies. Fuck him, their party and all of their followers.    

• Hook 'Em 2

20 hours ago, royiv said:

The worst part is that I think Miller believes the shit he’s spewing. He’s an evil and dangerous human.

He's a Nazi.  Another fine person that Trump had in his presidential cabinet of fetid personalities.  

20 hours ago, Thatguy said:

I am mainly talking about those so called "Independents" who are MAGA attempting to hide in plain sight. For the rest of us I liken it to current Texas Football. We've been wandering in the wilderness for so long it's hard to believe that Oasis is actually real. So when you go on the road and play an inferior team like Michigan, it's hard to allow yourself to imagine a win. However, once the curb-stomping begins, you realize pretty quickly what were you worried about? You were always going to win because Sark just simply has assembled a better team.

Harris has said she knows how to handle him but we are scared to believe her because Hillary. However, if you pull back and think about it they were trying out what works on Trump through memes. Testing his defenses. Finding out what triggers him. Then writing it, masterfully, into debate talking points. The use of "a study at Wharton" slid by most Americans, but us in the know were like "Ouch!". Steve Sarkisian, I mean Kamala Harris is making all the right moves, and its time to trust again.

He developed bone spurs right before our eyes.  Wouldn't look at her and went straight to the spin room afterwards, to sane wash his performance and claim victory, despite the hour long spectacle we were all treated to.  

• Haha 2
  • Drool 1

3 hours ago, Red Five said:

Like Jon Lovett said, "You're the all-time biggest liar already, just say that you have a great plan." Maybe even Trump in the moment knew that after promising this great plan eight years ago that he couldn't credibly stand there on stage and still claim to have a plan.

It’s a big, beautiful plan. A perfect plan. It’s going to be doing numbers no one has ever seen. Numbers like you wouldn’t believe. 

1 hour ago, Sawbonz said:

image.gif.b5a58f6c5fc033ede9da389706d6276b.gif

most beautiful deep ball ever. fun fact:

during his third season as a starter VY led the nfl in both deep ball % (ie the % of a qb’s passes that go 20+ yards in the air) AND deep ball completion %. that’s right, nobody threw a higher percentage of deep balls, and nobody completed a higher percentage of deep balls than VY. in the nfl. under jeff fisher. with kenny britt and no scaife as his top two pass catchers. never let anyone tell you than VY couldn’t throw.

eta: i remember @Huckleberry posting these stats and more on TOS. great stuff.

• Hook 'Em 6

6 hours ago, Surly Bevo said:

Some probably do, the stupid ones probably don't.  Different timelines, colleges, and yea I will say it....the sisters don't have as many options for going Greek.  

The Divine Nine have served black Greekdom well for over a century. It would be inaccurate to consider any of the nine to be failsafes.

15 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

Screenshot2024-09-12144958.png.911b42d1c888125bf181e608b217df75.png

He might actually believe he won - his team told him to his face he did "great" right afterwards according to the New Republic.

Then they told the press otherwise in private. 

So they tell Trump "you don't need to do another debate! you won!"

They tell themselves "no way in hell do we let that idiot do another debate!"

• Hook 'Em 4

1 minute ago, The Dog said:

He might actually believe he won - his team told him to his face he did "great" right afterwards according to the New Republic.

Bingo.

• Hook 'Em 3

54 minutes ago, The Dog said:

"You did great. Now get your ass out there to the Spin Room!" 

Totally jives. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, royiv said:

Between the smell and the incessant whining, I don’t know how anyone can stand to be around him for any period of time.

That's some of the logistics I just can't figure out.  Like, when Laura Loomer blows him, does she just pull down the front of his shit-filled diaper?  How does that work?

21 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

I was in the corner of the endzone about 15 rows up. He was running right at me on that play. Billy Pittman baby!

I was dead-center of that end-zone with my buddy.  And as soon as we saw the DB miss Billy as he left the LOS, we had time to look at each other and say "holy shit!", then watch the play unfold to perfection.  God it was beautiful.

Also, we had to take a nap on a picnic table at the fair after the game in order to recover enough to drive back to Austin.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1
  • Drool 1

1 minute ago, Biff Tannen said:

Am I the only one that doesn’t know what the spin room is?

The post debate floor where the surrogates go out, spin their candidates’ performance and do interviews. So you send out Rubio and Shapiro and Whitmer and Haley. Not the candidate themselves - that’s loser behavior 

• Hook 'Em 4

47 minutes ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

Mine too, Kamala.  Mine too.  Something so satisfying about that word.

James Lipton asked that question on inside the actors studio, and i can still remember holly hunter in her accent responding with “cocksucker.”   So anyway, if your cousin knows holly, have her DM me please. 

ya know what, what the hell, they can both DM me.  

Edited by Pato del Muerto
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, Mdhorn said:

He developed bone spurs right before our eyes.  Wouldn't look at her and went straight to the spin room afterwards, to sane wash his performance and claim victory, despite the hour long spectacle we were all treated to.  

If that was an attempt a sane washing it failed spectacularly.

Trump wandered around like a lost old man in his robe saying "I won, 78, 92, 66, 55... Trix are for kids, I'm cucko for cocoa puffs."

I guess it was sane washing by the media because they didn't report that he was walking around out of his fucking mind babbling nonsense like a geriatric patient with dementia.

• Hook 'Em 1

55 minutes ago, bolverk said:

Channeling @Beau Vine or @Bozo_Casanova (can't recall who this pisses off more):

Totally jibes, JIBES, JIBES!!!

You don’t think they’ll like the cut of my gib?

34 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

Am I the only one that doesn’t know what the spin room is?

I’d never heard of it either. 

3 hours ago, Derka said:

most beautiful deep ball ever. fun fact:

during his third season as a starter VY led the nfl in both deep ball % (ie the % of a qb’s passes that go 20+ yards in the air) AND deep ball completion %. that’s right, nobody threw a higher percentage of deep balls, and nobody completed a higher percentage of deep balls than VY. in the nfl. under jeff fisher. with kenny britt and no scaife as his top two pass catchers. never let anyone tell you than VY couldn’t throw.

eta: i remember @Huckleberry posting these stats and more on TOS. great stuff.

Fuck Jeff Fisher

and Desean Jackson. VY threw him a ball easily as beautiful as that one that would have put the eagles right back in a game vs the patriots.  He was wide open and he let it go right through his hands

• Rage+1 4

3 hours ago, The Dog said:

3 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

Bingo.

Nope. Not buying it. That mother fucker made a bee-line straight to the spin room. As a debate participant!! He knew he was horrible. That's why he went there trying to tell anyone who would listen how well he did in the debate.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1