The situation in Springfield, Ohio- Haitians, Cats, and High Minded Rhetoric

Derka

1 minute ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

In Springfield, they're eating the dogs. The people that came in. They're eating the cats. They're eating -- they're eating the pets of the people that live there.

The man on television said they stole his dog and used it for food.

These are real things said by one of the two finalists for President of the United States.

• Rage+1 1

17 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

In Springfield, they're eating the dogs. The people that came in. They're eating the cats. They're eating -- they're eating the pets of the people that live there.

This superimposed over the Simpsons song has lived rent free in my head the last 2 days 

• Hook 'Em 5

10 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

MAGA is a terrorist movement.  It's not much more complicated than that.  If Donald Trump had brown skin and lived in the middle east, we'd have hit him with a drone strike years ago.

its-never-too-late-bill-frazier.gif

• Hook 'Em 6

Was the footage of the cops talking to the lady that apparently was EATING A CAT, was that faked?

I get tired of trying to look up every source of anything to see what the angle is.

39 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

MAGA is a terrorist movement.  It's not much more complicated than that.  

Garland is having a press conference today to talk about DOJ employees receiving threats.

Some like to casually toss out the word, fascism, without fully understanding the term. I don't claim to be fully knowledgeable as well but I know fascism has a violent component whether threats or actual. Trump going full fascist in the next presidency is not a zero percent chance.

• Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, huge said:

Was the footage of the cops talking to the lady that apparently was EATING A CAT, was that faked?

I get tired of trying to look up every source of anything to see what the angle is.

I'm unsure of the video that you mention but there was an Canton, Ohio woman who was arrested for abusing and eating a cat. She's an American citizen with mental issues.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I'm unsure of the video that you mention but there was a Canton, Ohio woman who was arrested for abusing and eating a cat. She's an American citizen with mental issues.

That is like, the only “video” they have that isn’t just like, made up grifters lying on YouTube videos from their car 

• Hook 'Em 2

4 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I'm unsure of the video that you mention but there was a Canton, Ohio woman who was arrested for abusing and eating a cat. She's an American citizen with mental issues.

That’s the exact video he’s referring to.

One of my coworkers who’s sits 10’ from my office grew up in Springfield and his folks still live there.  What they can’t figure out is what has drawn all the Haitians to this one horse town.

Edited by Sbbruin

https://www.10tv.com/article/news/local/ohio/ohio-woman-arrested-after-eating-cat-canton-police-release-bodycam-footage-incident/530-3f8ac79a-cd97-4cee-9ed1-16943a04a658

8 minutes ago, huge said:

• Like 1

My guess is that we have two different stories from Ohio that are mistakenly but more likely intentionally combined to be anti-immigrant and racist. 

• Crazy American citizen arrested for eating a pet cat.
  • Allegedly someone who looks to be a Haitian immigrant (i.e. evil, black person) poaching ducks or geese from a city park.

As the stories get posted and reposted on Facebook, it's turned into hordes of illegal Haitian immigrants stealing pets and eating them. I'm sure the Springfield PD has dozens of reports of cat eating Haitians because non-Springfield residents read the Facebook stories and call the police to report it.

We have some who are posting this to stir up anti-immigrant hate. Then you have well intentioned but basically racist, everyday people who want to believe it. Basically DT or TexAgs folks.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
  • Like 3

24 minutes ago, Sbbruin said:

That’s the exact video he’s referring to.

One of my coworkers who’s sits 10’ from my office grew up in Springfield and his folks still live there.  What they can’t figure out is what has drawn all the Haitians to this one horse town.

Going out on a limb here and say…. 

wait for it… 

pussy. 

• Haha 4
  • Drool 2

1 minute ago, Pato del Muerto said:

The real answer is jobs. And once a community is established, others are drawn to that community. Why be the only Haitian in knuckledeep, TN when there’s a community of thousands already established in Springfield, many of whom can help you gain employment?

Yep.

It's why there are large communities of Hmong and Somalis in....Minnesota, of all places.  Or why there ended up being large Vietnamese communities in Texas.  Once enough of a group shows up and establishes themselves, familiarity and connection draws others.  It's the human way.

But "human" is not on the MAGA agenda, so you can see how normal human beings are evil and must be stopped.  It's the MAGA way.

• Hook 'Em 3

26 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:
  • Allegedly someone who looks to be a Haitian immigrant (i.e. evil, black person) poaching ducks or geese from a city park.

LOL I believe it was a picture of someone brown clearing road kill (dead duck or geese) from the street. 

53 minutes ago, Sbbruin said:

what? they're eating all the horses, too?  there's only one horse left? this has to stop!!!!

[soon to be Facebook rumor]

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 8

1 hour ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Garland is having a press conference today to talk about DOJ employees receiving threats.

Some like to casually toss out the word, fascism, without fully understanding the term. I don't claim to be fully knowledgeable as well but I know fascism has a violent component whether threats or actual. Trump going full fascist in the next presidency is not a zero percent chance.

Fascism, if you look at it in the 1930’s, you can see it in three major combatants. Japan was a military dictatorship with a fascist bent. Some of that was due to elements of the samurai culture that lived on even as Japan modernized. That would not be the brand of fascism we would see from numb nuts though as the military would not go along with him. I would call his brand being far closer to Mussolini, but more dumbed down for the masses of his loyalists that have an IQ of around 30.

• Hook 'Em 2

8 minutes ago, YChang said:

The fact that some Americans don't understand how immigrant communities "happen" is kinda sad. How the fuck do you think your Irish, Scottish, whatever grandparents settled... once someone was brave enough to put down roots, find jobs, create a community it happens. It's not that complicated. 

It’s the color in this case. It is entirely because of the skin color and language difference. If this was the far smaller community of white Haitians (Met several of them on Long Island a few years ago.) they would not be the people being dehumanized right now.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Rage+1 1

10 minutes ago, YChang said:

How the fuck do you think your Irish, Scottish, whatever grandparents settled

Well, yeah, see, but those are.....ummmmm....you know....."real" Americans.

See below:

1 minute ago, UpperWestside said:

It’s the color in this case. It is entirely because of the skin color and language difference. If this was the far smaller community of white Haitians (Met several of them on Long Island a few years ago.) they would not be the people being dehumanized right now.

Because yeah....this.

We have an entire side of our political spectrum that is built almost entirely on a foundation of hate, xenophobia, and racism.  And not only do they not try to hide it, they wave that flag proudly every chance the get, even when it doesn't make any fucking sense.

• Hook 'Em 1