The situation in Springfield, Ohio- Haitians, Cats, and High Minded Rhetoric

Derka

1 hour ago, safe sex said:

Tell me you've never traveled outside of your state or to a major US city without telling me that.

Toward the end of grad school, when I was basically just waiting to graduate and wanted to get out of my parent's house, I worked a few months at a dine-in theater near Greenspoint. It was the first time at a job, school or residence that I was in the minority. It was great and I wish I had that experience sooner/more frequently. The people who find themselves around other folks who don't look like them and find it unsettling are... weird.

• Hook 'Em 6

On 9/12/2024 at 7:47 AM, Brisketexan said:

MAGA is a terrorist movement.  It's not much more complicated than that.  If Donald Trump had brown skin and lived in the middle east, we'd have hit him with a drone strike years ago. we'd give him a picture of Mar-a-lago and told him to stop his lies.

FIFY

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, royiv said:

Why does the media allow him to continue to lie about these Haitian’s immigration status? It’s infuriating and putting the safety of these innocent people at risk.

Our country has a long history of yellow journalism

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 1

9 minutes ago, royiv said:

Why does the media allow him to continue to lie about these Haitian’s immigration status? It’s infuriating and putting the safety of these innocent people at risk.

Every question should have been like "Your lies are putting people's lives in danger. I actually don't have a question, just wanted to tell you that because seemingly no one else is." 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, royiv said:

I agree that the media- especially in the studio- doesn't do enough. But in this particular case, as shown in the clip above, the reporter did exactly what I want them all to do.

His question, word for word, was "The mayor of Springfield, the police chief, the Republican governor have all debunked this story about pets. And now there are bomb threats at schools and kids being evacuated. Why do you still spread this false story?"

Sure, in a perfect world, every reporter in attendance would refuse to ask him a different question until he actually answered that one.  But, from a practical sense, all you can do as the reporter on scene is ask the question and record the "answer". 

16 minutes ago, wood said:

LOL, it would seem he thinks Haiti is a place in Venezuela.

It is just south of that place where MS 13 rules.

13 minutes ago, royiv said:

Homeboy has a new fascination with Venezuela. He’s so incredibly envious of strong man dictators. 

Maduro is not a strong man. he is a puppet controlled by strong men. He needs them more than they need him.

• Hook 'Em 1

58 minutes ago, Pescado_Rojo said:

Maybe we'll finally be good at soccer 

God, I had forgotten that Austin FC lost to that trash ass Violette FC from Port-Au-Prince last year. That game in Austin where Austin had 50ish shots and didn't score enough to overcome to the 3-0 deficit was one of the most frustrating games I've been to. 

• Rage+1 1

1 minute ago, SimonBolivar said:

God, I had forgotten that Austin FC lost to that trash ass Violette FC from Port-Au-Prince last year. That game in Austin where Austin had 50ish shots and didn't score enough to overcome to the 3-0 deficit was one of the most frustrating games I've been to. 

I hated just reading that story, can't imagine being there

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Red Five said:

"You must fear and hate those other people who don't look like you."

I believe Jesus said that a handful of times in the Bible. 

"We gotta blow up those things we don't understand!"

This was a song lyric by those prescient prophets, the Dead Milkmen, from their Big Lizard in My Backyard album, which will have been released 40 years ago next June.

Jumpin' Jesus on a pogo stick, we're getting old. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

39 minutes ago, Thrawn said:

Jeff Goldblum What GIF by The Late Late Show with James Corden

Dafuq?

So incredibly DUMB. TFG is not your garden variety idiot. He continually reminds anyone with an IQ north of room temperature that he is not fit to be president. Put him on Pitcairn Island and call it a day so we never, ever have to see him again. 

I don’t use any drugs, but I really hope one of you does what YGIFS said he’d do when this guy keels over.

1 hour ago, 4th&Five said:

He doesn't know Haiti is a place, does he?

He knew enough about it during his term to call it one of the shit hole countries. So he likely forget bc he has dementia 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

And let me repeat for the jillionth time....I will go to my grave with my greatest regret being that I didn't get in on fleecing these fucking rubes.

WAIT...I'VE GOT A NEW IDEA (well, more of a concept of a plan...gotta flesh this out a bit): Pet kidnapping/consumption insurance!  "FELLOW PATRIOTS!  Biden's immigrant hordes are coming for your dogs, they're coming for your cats, they want to eat your pets!  Protect Spot and Muffin today!  For only $29.95 per month, we will provide you ironclad insurance against such heinous acts.  If a dirty immigrant* eats your pet, we will pay a benefit of $25,000 to help with your pain and suffering, and to help you buy a new, American-certified, American-bred patriotic pet!"

*Of course, we're only talking about dirty dark-skinned immigrants.  You know what we mean.

Advertise on Fox and Newsmax, I'll be collecting $100k in premium a month in no time, and let's be honest....I'll never have to pay a claim.

Sorry, sucka.  I don't see a "TM" on this.  It's all mine.  TM.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, UpperWestside said:

One of the best things any person could ever do is spend a year living and working in NYC. While this place has plenty of its own issues, one thing you will learn about is the diversity of the human race. 

Clearly Donald Trump learned all these lessons.

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Clearly Donald Trump learned all these lessons.

Well to be fair he never spent a single day of his life working here. He just kinda existed, which is pretty much how his base of NYC maga voters in Staten Island live. They’re just here making no positive contribution to society while blaming immigrants for all of what ails them. 

• Hook 'Em 2

56 minutes ago, Macanudo said:

So... It appears that this whole thing was a hoax perpetrated by some Neo-Nazis.  

Of course anyone who needs to hear this won't believe it. 

https://www.newsweek.com/trump-haitian-immigrants-springfield-ohio-disinformation-neo-nazis-1953643

What a fun group of people. These people should not be allowed to share this country with the rest of us.

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, UpperWestside said:

One of the best things any person could ever do is spend a year living and working in NYC. While this place has plenty of its own issues, one thing you will learn about is the diversity of the human race. We are all far more similar to one another than we think. One of the best and most enjoyable parts of my life is living in East Harlem. You can embrace a community that is different from what you grew up in and I enjoy that.

Username not checking out…

5 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Username not checking out…

I chose the name because it is a neighborhood I frequent because my favorite AMC location is there as well as the AMNH. I moved to East Harlem during the first year of the pandemic. Wish I had moved over here when I first came to NYC.

• Hook 'Em 2

6 hours ago, hookem2010 said:

Toward the end of grad school, when I was basically just waiting to graduate and wanted to get out of my parent's house, I worked a few months at a dine-in theater near Greenspoint. It was the first time at a job, school or residence that I was in the minority. It was great and I wish I had that experience sooner/more frequently. The people who find themselves around other folks who don't look like them and find it unsettling are... weird.

After our junior years in high school, my best friend and I landed some menial summer jobs at Grambling State University.  The sisters there found us two nerdy ass white boys to be on the "exotic" side.  They knew we were gonna "eat the cat, eat the cat".

• Hook 'Em 1

6 hours ago, UpperWestside said:

One of the best things any person could ever do is spend a year living and working in NYC. While this place has plenty of its own issues, one thing you will learn about is the diversity of the human race. We are all far more similar to one another than we think. One of the best and most enjoyable parts of my life is living in East Harlem. You can embrace a community that is different from what you grew up in and I enjoy that.

Seriously.  I'm sure when Ma & Pa from Tyler finally get their big trip to NYC the first thing they say once they get into their Times Square hotel room is "Where da white people at?"

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

11 minutes ago, randomhorn said:

Neither do his followers

I guarantee it 

No no no, they’ll give us “we don’t feel we can vote for Trump, so we will write in (insert random fucking stupid name)” but really just vote for Trump anyways 

Coverin they ass