NFL Week 2

shadow_operative2.0

6 minutes ago, Firemans4Horn said:

dolphins guaranteed Tua $167mn this summer. 

I'm sure a team can buy insurance against career ending injuries, and if ever there was a dude at risk, its Tua. But if he had to retire for medical reasons, would his salary count against the cap for the entirety of the duration of his contract? 

Wow - I really didn’t see this happening! Glad that I’m not a gambler, as I assumed the recent humidity levels in S Fla would’ve swinged the favor towards the Fish, especially since their opponent was coming from Up State NY! What do I know?

Hook’em!!!

10 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

I see a couple of players wearing over their helmets those Guardian caps. I would think Tua would be a prime candidate. Honestly he shouldn’t be playing anymore. Too many concussions. It’s scary to me. Back to other game. 

IMG_0944.thumb.jpeg.f5efd08b90a474b73f01161cdd728d47.jpeg

The close one or the other one?

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, msucolt45 said:

Wow - I really didn’t see this happening! Glad that I’m not a gambler, as I assumed the recent humidity levels in S Fla would’ve swinged the favor towards the Fish, especially since their opponent was coming from Up State NY! What do I know?

Hook’em!!!

It’s the NFL, these aren’t 8th graders. They are fine playing in any weather. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

I see a couple of players wearing over their helmets those Guardian caps. I would think Tua would be a prime candidate. Honestly he shouldn’t be playing anymore. Too many concussions. It’s scary to me. Back to other game. 

He should bypass guardian caps and head straight for the "Great Gazoo"

image.png.85597ee8f8875709d3e413ef53ddaf7a.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Blotto said:

Dude is gonna be a CTE vegetable  by the time he's 30. 

Sad but true. He gets re-concussed so easily now. This time, it was running into a defensive back's arm that knocked him out.

Tua should consider hanging it up. And the Dolphins should have to pay his full salary. Remember that game two or three years ago, where he got knocked stupid and was obviously concussed but Miami kept him out there? Yeah, fuck that franchise. Dude is tough but he's not going to be able to remember his name in a couple of more years at this rate.

• Hook 'Em 2

7 hours ago, Braff Zacklin said:

Sad but true. He gets re-concussed so easily now. This time, it was running into a defensive back's arm that knocked him out.

Tua should consider hanging it up. And the Dolphins should have to pay his full salary. Remember that game two or three years ago, where he got knocked stupid and was obviously concussed but Miami kept him out there? Yeah, fuck that franchise. Dude is tough but he's not going to be able to remember his name in a couple of more years at this rate.

Also when you go back and look at the others it's like, why does this dude fall so weird? Nobody else that I watch in the NFL has their head violently whip to the ground like his does. When you fall down, I feel like there is a definite sense of not letting your head hit the ground that he doesn't seem to have.

Edited by Pam Cummings
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Blotto said:

I'm sure a team can buy insurance against career ending injuries, and if ever there was a dude at risk, its Tua. But if he had to retire for medical reasons, would his salary count against the cap for the entirety of the duration of his contract? 

If he retired, all of the guarantees which are spread across the contract would accelerate to that point, so it would be disastrous to their 2025 dead cap line.  Unless he negotiated to give some back.  

The cap implications of these contracts is often very different from how the money is actually paid.  It can be manipulated through salary, bonuses, to shift the impact from one season to another.  Salary counts in the year paid, bonuses are spread across the life of the contract regardless of when paid.  

5 hours ago, CurlyDumps said:

Man, after all he's been through, you really want him to just slide there.

It was a textbook safe tackle.  He shouldn’t lead with his head.  If you look close it appears the impact of his head to the ground might have been the culprit. The tackler was the kid who practically died on the field in Buffalo.  

if he retires Tua gets his entire guaranteed part of his contract.

13 hours ago, Vertuzzi said:

The Dolphins are the Buffalo Sabres of the NFL. Hyped all offseason only for them to severely underachieve in the regular season. They deserve no more attention until they can prove they are a consistently good team. 

Most on here don’t know what a Buffalo Sabre is.