NFL Week 2

shadow_operative2.0

there are going to be many times this year where that is not called with the "right to go after the ball" used by the booth ref bitches like sterratore.
Play before, Bengals got benefit of a hands to the face call that is ignored many times. KC got a huge gain on that play.

You absolutely can't just drill a WR that early before the ball gets there. Not saying if will always be called but it should.

Cincinnati had every chance to win this game but they didn't

3 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:
6 minutes ago, TreatyOak said:
What a total screw-job. No way that was PI on the Bengals. Maybe the NFL is fixed

So you can get there early and just nail the WR? Lulz

I thought the contact was secondary and that the defender has a right to the ball. It should be an interesting week, as KC always seems to benefit from the most controversial calls.

I don't think there is an actual conspiracy, but I do believe in human nature, and think great teams and players get the benefit of the doubt from referees. Jordan got away with murder. 

I thought the contact was secondary and that the defender has a right to the ball. It should be an interesting week, as KC always seems to benefit from the most controversial calls.
I don't think there is an actual conspiracy, but I do believe in human nature, and think great teams and players get the benefit of the doubt from referees. Jordan got away with murder. 
But if the DB was allowed to to that all the time, no idea how WRs would be able to catch the ball. Same thing in the NBA. You can't just go drill someone in the back before the ball gets there. He didn't even make a play on the ball, just on the player. That should be called every single time. Thing is, he didn't even need to do that. Could have put his hand on his back and just played the ball itself. I know the chatter will be the Chiefs get bailed out again but this wasn't the case.

2 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:
37 minutes ago, TreatyOak said:

But if the DB was allowed to to that all the time, no idea how WRs would be able to catch the ball. Same thing in the NBA. You can't just go drill someone in the back before the ball gets there. He didn't even make a play on the ball, just on the player. That should be called every single time. Thing is, he didn't even need to do that. Could have put his hand on his back and just played the ball itself. I know the chatter will be the Chiefs get bailed out again but this wasn't the case.

I think you can argue it either way, but I've seen much more egregious calls not made. Regardless, expect plenty of sound and fury on social media, signifying nothing.

18 hours ago, TreatyOak said:

You can go for the ball.  He wasn’t going for the ball.  That was a body check like hockey.  Textbook PI

2 minutes ago, Texzilla58 said:

You can go for the ball.  He wasn’t going for the ball.  That was a body check like hockey.  Textbook PI

Well, they certainly called it, so my point is irrelevant, but honestly, the reffing is all over the place. I was surprised that it was called as it looked like he was going for the ball, and I am so often surprised when it isn't called. I have no idea what the standard is these days.