cfbscoreboard.com

blacklab

Might be interesting to set in the option for an autorefresh option on the boxscore filter section. Have it so that I can leave it open in a window and so it will update the games I filtered.

Will be interesting to see how the filter or selection options can be expanded to follow multiple teams across a variety of combined parameters.

This is fantastic! A couple of suggestions: add the latest line for games in the boxes view, make search easier with a type ahead feature loading conferences, ranked teams, etc., rename Width to “current lead” or “score differential”, and add FCS scores.

Also, sizing gets wonky at times on my iPad.  I realize you are just starting this design but I would think about a little contrast and space buffers.  

Awesome stuff.  Tried it on iPhone and older generation Macbook this morning.  Worked great on both.

As for constructive feedback which I assume is desired for development purposes:

1. It would be nice to have an option to select the games I specifically want to follow opposed to just the pre-clustered options in the Who drop down field.  Gamblers might enjoy that option to watch their bets in one place.
  2. Some ability to access additional game stats would be useful too.  I see some when clicking the game link but found myself going to ESPN to do a deeper dive.
  3. If a game is at half it no longer shows up as In Progress.  
Edited by Bodhi
  • Hook 'Em 2

37 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Just pulled it up for the first time today. 

@blacklab I think you're on to something. 

It loads fast as lightning which is in itself a huge plus over something bloated like ESPN.

Plus no chance of getting blasted by their fucking video replay.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 1

4 minutes ago, Ghost of LL said:

Mobile site works great.

Any thoughts on an auto-refresh?

not sure if I want to make that free or a paid thing.

The thing about it is it puts a lot of load on the server, where making people click spreads that load out. Also if someone hasn't looked at the page in while it's a total waste of server resources. Maybe could make it reload for a half hour or hour then require a refresh to start the clock over

• Hook 'Em 1

17 minutes ago, blacklab said:

not sure if I want to make that free or a paid thing.

The thing about it is it puts a lot of load on the server, where making people click spreads that load out. Also if someone hasn't looked at the page in while it's a total waste of server resources. Maybe could make it reload for a half hour or hour then require a refresh to start the clock over

Auto refresh is dumb. Your patrons can reload the site. Not hard. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Loving this...extremely useful.

Not sure if this would be helpful to everyone, but I would appreciate either a) highlighting current time, or preferably b) a solid red line that runs vertically along the listings to show current time relative to various games progress / starting time.

I love this, thank you!
You can link right it and not have to navigate to the view you want.

Best thing to happen to Sports on the Internet since the Wisconsin volleyball pics leaked.

Looking great on a 24" 4K monitor on my Win10 desktop PC using Chrome browser.

Here's a wishlist...

• Add a football Favicon to the URL
  • Dark Mode
  • Freeze the times so we can scroll down but times remain at top (like freezing the top row in Excel)
  • User-selectable Auto-refresh 
  • Link to the ESPN Box Score instead of Gamecast
  • ESPN+ channel numbers (if that's even possible?)
  • For Stadium view, maybe set apart the "final" scores somehow?  Like underlining the word "Final" or the entire score?

18 minutes ago, Dnaguy said:

My 2 cents… which is exactly what it’s worth:

Rankings on teams listed with them….. I know I know.

Also a way to filter for ranked teams.

I sometimes have shit to do. Rarely, yes…. But it does happen.

You can filter for ranked under the Who: drop down menu. Teams that are ranked show it in parenthesis beside them.

1 hour ago, 0xdeadbeef said:

Seems to be a small bug in the "What:" filter box. All options work as expected except 4Q and 4Q or OT.

Chrome Version 128.0.6613.120 on Windows.

image.thumb.png.20600c201ccb697986d54ec874ec9cfa.png

fixed.

I search for 4th in the description, the description for the upcoming games is "7:30 Sep 14th" so it was returning them too

will have to do hard refresh to fix

5 minutes ago, blacklab said:

you can select top 25 in the who drop down

there's a Texas (2) 

image.png

or did you mean something else?

No I guess I just missed that it already had the ranking and the filtering.

Im just dumb I guess.

spacer.png

8 hours ago, ATXbronco said:

I love this, thank you!
You can link right it and not have to navigate to the view you want.

Best thing to happen to Sports on the Internet since the Wisconsin volleyball pics leaked.

Looking great on a 24" 4K monitor on my Win10 desktop PC using Chrome browser.

Here's a wishlist...

• Add a football Favicon to the URL
  • Dark Mode
  • Freeze the times so we can scroll down but times remain at top (like freezing the top row in Excel)
  • User-selectable Auto-refresh 
  • Link to the ESPN Box Score instead of Gamecast
  • ESPN+ channel numbers (if that's even possible?)
  • For Stadium view, maybe set apart the "final" scores somehow?  Like underlining the word "Final" or the entire score?

Can I get you a beer while you wait?