Speak No Evil - James McAvoy

futureman

2 hours ago, WBT said:

The original is good.  Not sure why we needed an american remake 2 years later.

I was a bit surprised when I saw the trailer for it in the theater.  The original Danish one was very well done but it only made a little over $600k in the box office. I'm kind of torn but I'll prob go see McAvoy and Davis go all crazy...

Hopefully the original producers can at least get a decent return from whatever royalties once the new one hits.

• Hook 'Em 1

I really liked the original, too. Regarding this version, I've heard

Spoiler

That the ending is changed from the original. Not sure in what way, just that it's different. I'm still looking forward to it because, like others have said, McAvoy is great.

It was an interesting movie. McAvoy played his character pretty well. In general he’s just good at whatever he does on the big screen. The husband in the visiting family was a bit of a coward, but it worked in the story. I think this is worth watching. I will give it some time and eventually watch the original so I can see the differences.

I enjoyed this just fine. It’s another pretty good horror movie with a Hollywood ending that I won’t remember really in a couple years.

The original wasn’t an amazing movie either - but I will always remember how I felt after I watched it. Brutal.

On 9/15/2024 at 8:07 PM, austingirl said:

I really liked the original, too. Regarding this version, I've heard

Hide contents

That the ending is changed from the original. Not sure in what way, just that it's different. I'm still looking forward to it because, like others have said, McAvoy is great.

Spoiler

I just read some spoilers from the original and it’s safe to say the ending is quite different. 

Spoiler

the bad guys kill their captive “son,” cut out the new daughter’s tongue and stone the good parents to death, continuing the cycle of terror.  much darker, perhaps too dark for our delicate american sensibilities.