Texas vs. UTSA - 6pm on ESPN

Pancho

41 minutes ago, Modessit said:
44 minutes ago, ATXbronco said:
Will Texas slide into #1 or will Quinn's injury relegate us to #2 again?
image.thumb.png.29713d63411067ebed3981441672099f.png

We won't go up even if GA wins by 1. And I'm fine with it. Let Bama and them beat each other up, then we'll roll them when they get here.

Yeah they haven't lost so they stay #1.

But Texas is playing the best and has the most well rounded team in the country.

Our QB2 just put up 276 yards total offense and 5 TDs in like 2.5 quarters of insane efficiency.

Though he was sacked once.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just got back from DKR.

This team is fucking good, y'all.

How many teams in history could lose their starting QB and starting RB and still win the championship?

Everybody come get some.  Bring all your "OMG, is Texas back, snicker?" asses, line up, and get the shit slapped out of you.  Let's go.

Edited by TexArcher
  • Hook 'Em 8
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, C-Man said:

The Arch play that blew me away was when he was sprinting out of pocket and threw across his body and dropped a dime on Wingo 30 yards downfield. Amazing play.

Followed immediately by the over-the-shoulder touchdown pass to a guy who wasn't open.

NFL throws, both.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, NashLonghorn said:

Ok, the preverbal “why” 

His team did a few dirty bull shit things. 

Plus he’s a fucking prick and Sark gets very competitive and alpha on game days. There’s not much time to wind down from “I’m gonna fuck your shit up” to hey nice game buddy see ya

2 hours ago, Funk Doctor Spock said:

Recruits at the game have got to love the atmosphere. Team stayed until the end even when curb stomping 

The cruits I saw got scared as shit from the cannon (in a funny way). A couple of them ducked like shots were being fired. 

Their entrance and space is below new South end zone and it rings the fuck out of the stands there lol. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Funk Doctor Spock said:

Manning is nothing like Mamziel. Manning has more talent and doesn't run around until a Mike Evans is open. Manning is intelligent and actually knows the playbook. Manning also isn't lazy. And lastly, he's 6'4 220lbs. 

I don't know who he reminds me of, but it'd definitely not Mamziel. 

Manning definitely has the better arm. 

But they're both similar in the way they scramble and make guys miss. Deceptively athletic in space. Both also have a knack for creating plays off-schedule (see his first TD pass against CSU). 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Modessit said:
3 hours ago, ATXbronco said:
Will Texas slide into #1 or will Quinn's injury relegate us to #2 again?
image.thumb.png.29713d63411067ebed3981441672099f.png

We won't go up even if GA wins by 1. And I'm fine with it. Let Bama and them beat each other up, then we'll roll them when they get here.

Schedule is really setting up for tennesse and Bama tenderizing the meat of our schedule for us 

Edited by BigHornedLurker
  • Hook 'Em 3

Twenty-one years ago, I remember watching a skinny freshman come in to spell Chance Mock. It was clear from the jump that that kid was SPECIAL

I can't say that Arch was more impressive today - but it's damn close.

Arch overall looked more polished than VY in his first appearance. VY’s running ability was the ultimate get out of jail card — when in doubt, tuck it and run. And boy could he run. Arch is already light-years ahead of VY throwing the ball. We are gonna have some fun the next 2.5 seasons.
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Funk Doctor Spock said:

Manning is nothing like Mamziel. Manning has more talent and doesn't run around until a Mike Evans is open. Manning is intelligent and actually knows the playbook. Manning also isn't lazy. And lastly, he's 6'4 220lbs. 

I don't know who he reminds me of, but it'd definitely not Mamziel. 

image.gif.548b5bff76970b8b90d58f4ff1501936.gif

• Hook 'Em 3

6 hours ago, Rickylovesweed said:

The best part of that Manning run wasn't even the top-end speed. It was the juke that completely froze the DB. 

People won't like this comparison (because fuck aggy) but Manning actually reminds me a lot of Manziel. 

He reminds me of Trevor Lawrence when he was at Clemson.  Big.  Strong arm.  And deceptive fucking speed.  

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, RollingPresidential said:

My brother (who is in that photo) was sitting next to that guy all night, he was loud and obnoxious. Was aggressively hitting on my brother’s girlfriend.

Appreciated the UTSA fan I saw with a “Respect the Pecker” shirt

Why does that fuck still have teeth?