Texas vs. UTSA - 6pm on ESPN

Pancho

7 hours ago, Rickylovesweed said:

RB rotation will be interesting moving forward. 

Feels like Gibson is a different type back than the other 2. More of a between the tackles type runner. Feels like he will be the #2 back before the season is over just based on the fact he's a change of pace with Blue/Wisner. 

I think Sark and Choice are starting to realize this. We barely ran between the tackles with anyone else last night when the game was still somewhat in question. 

Wisner and Blue are good backs but asking them to run between the tackles 10+ times a game over the course of what is hopefully a 16 game season is asking for trouble.

I think the screen game and involving the RB’s in the passing game will continue to essentially serve as an extension of the run game. We have lots of mouths that need to be fed.

Edited by Hookem2147
  • Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

I think Sark and Choice are starting to realize this. We barely ran between the tackles with anyone else last night when the game was still somewhat in question. 

Wisner and Blue are good backs but asking them to run between the tackles 10+ times a game over the course of what is hopefully a 16 game season is asking for trouble.

He will be the number one back by the end of the season. 

• Hook 'Em 3

12 hours ago, UTEX_ME said:

And never schedule these wannabe fucks again 

12 hours ago, Magabro said:

There’s several games that have been agreed to already lol

That and he'll if we're going to pay someone to come in, it might as well be someone in the UT system getting the cashola. 

• Hook 'Em 1

8 hours ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

Arch wears James Street’s number 16…..I’d always hoped they would retire his number.

Pretty sure grandpa Arch wore 16 too. 

55 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

Anybody see the loser spurs players on the sidelines?  Losers

I saw Mo Bamba 

10 hours ago, Funk Doctor Spock said:

Who was it pointed to the score board when we were beating the shit out of Tceh around 2006 or so? Made me laugh. I remember that game being on like TBS or TNT or some shit. 

That is exactly what I thought of when I saw that.  It wasn't 2006.  That was a close houdini win by Colt.

It was one of the DBs.  And it was 2004.  Where we kicked the shit out of them in Lubbock.  I am pretty sure it was Michael Griffin.  It was one of the games where VY really started turning it around.  Think he ran for 4 TDs in a 30 point win.

It was also the game when I realized Greg Robinson knew how to play D against the Air Raid, which was a relief.  Don't blitz, get pressure with front 4, keep the pass catchers in front of you, and knock the piss out of them every time they get a catch.  By the end of that game, they had alligator arms when the ball was coming to them.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Funk Doctor Spock said:

Manning is nothing like Mamziel. Manning has more talent and doesn't run around until a Mike Evans is open. Manning is intelligent and actually knows the playbook. Manning also isn't lazy. And lastly, he's 6'4 220lbs. 

I don't know who he reminds me of, but it'd definitely not Mamziel. 

Arch is also not a cokehead. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Rickylovesweed said:

Manning definitely has the better arm. 

But they're both similar in the way they scramble and make guys miss. Deceptively athletic in space. Both also have a knack for creating plays off-schedule (see his first TD pass against CSU). 

Yeah, I agree with both of those, but that's where it ends. I'd say he's more Tebow talent-wise than Mamziel. But right now I can't really think of a qb that he reminds me of. He's kind of his own cat. 

Is it a stretch to say Vernon Broughton is our best DT right now? I think Collins is doing some good stuff too but Broughton has taken his game to another level. The UTSA OL having to commit blatant holding several times is the only thing that seemed to slow him down last night.

Savea also finally flashed several times after barely playing the first two games.

23 minutes ago, WelfareBuysMyWeed said:

I don't know who the fuck Arch looks like. I have never seen a QB throw multiple 50+ yard TD passes and run for a nearly 70 yard TD run in the same game and score 2 TDs in 3 plays before. He doesn't look like anybody else, not even his uncles.

This is the correct answer

• Hook 'Em 1

43 minutes ago, WelfareBuysMyWeed said:

I don't know who the fuck Arch looks like. I have never seen a QB throw multiple 50+ yard TD passes and run for a nearly 70 yard TD run in the same game and score 2 TDs in 3 plays before. He doesn't look like anybody else, not even his uncles.

He looks like Colt’s Brother plays like Steve Young 

49 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

You’re comparing Arch to Tebow?

Just as a bigger QB who can run. 

If you read the last part it says "He's kind of his own cat". So, no, I'm not comparing more than just being a bigger QB. Arch is in his own house. And like I said before - I don't know who he reminds me of. Do you have any suggestions?

Just now, Funk Doctor Spock said:

Just as a bigger QB who can run. 

If you read the last part it says "He's kind of his own cat". So, no, I'm not comparing more than just being a bigger QB. Arch is in his own house. And like I said before - I don't know who he reminds me of. Do you have any suggestions?

Just sayin Tebow was an awful passer and a better runner. 

Arch looks like Eli with wheels?

8 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

Trevor Lawrence is a poor man’s Arch Manning. 

100%.   Rewatch the Clemson tOSU game a while back.   Lawrence had a 67 yd gallop to the end zone.    Poor man or not, they look a lot alike.   Difference is Lawrence was doing that as an upperclassman.   Manning is doing it as a pup.  

6 minutes ago, BabaYaga said:

100%.   Rewatch the Clemson tOSU game a while back.   Lawrence had a 67 yd gallop to the end zone.    Poor man or not, they look a lot alike.   Difference is Lawrence was doing that as an upperclassman.   Manning is doing it as a pup.  

Lawrence won a championship as a true freshman

2 hours ago, Hookem2147 said:

Is it a stretch to say Vernon Broughton is our best DT right now? I think Collins is doing some good stuff too but Broughton has taken his game to another level. The UTSA OL having to commit blatant holding several times is the only thing that seemed to slow him down last night.

Savea also finally flashed several times after barely playing the first two games.

For what it's worth Traylor specifically called out Collins as the problem in not converting those 4th downs.