SEC Refs Suck

Nueces River Rat

1 hour ago, Bama Llama said:

Late in the game after they came all the way back and went ahead, UGA dbs were straight up assaulting our WRs.   One wrapped up our WR from behind, pinning both arms, a full second goes by, the ball arrives WELL within the catch radius of our guy, and . . . Nothing.  WORST no call defensive PI I’ve ever seen.  If you see this crew (the head ref has a Cajun name, Gaudreaux or Bleauhole or something, looks like Gomer Pyle, eyebrows like caterpillars), prepare thine anus for reffuckery.  Fortunately the refs eyes couldn’t follow Ryan Williams he was so smooth.  

Your DBs were assaulting their guys all night shut up. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Bama Llama said:

Late in the game after they came all the way back and went ahead, UGA dbs were straight up assaulting our WRs.   One wrapped up our WR from behind, pinning both arms, a full second goes by, the ball arrives WELL within the catch radius of our guy, and . . . Nothing.  WORST no call defensive PI I’ve ever seen.  If you see this crew (the head ref has a Cajun name, Gaudreaux or Bleauhole or something, looks like Gomer Pyle, eyebrows like caterpillars), prepare thine anus for reffuckery.  Fortunately the refs eyes couldn’t follow Ryan Williams he was so smooth.  

holy fucking shit man, your entire defensive plan was to hold, interfere and all out MUG the Georgia WRs on every fucking play. 

Its the Pete Carroll program where the refs cant call it every fucking play because Pete (Kalen) yells at them every fucking time they call it and they are intimidated by that.

there was at least 1 play where we saw THREE simultaneous defensive holds on the 3 georgia downfield receivers. 

18 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

exactly this. 

12 hours ago, HenryJames said:

I liked when the refs picked up the flag on the facemask call on Simmons. They showed the replay, and there were two MSU players holding him. But they didn't grab his facemask.

I think the ref saw one of the MSU guys grabs his teammate's facemask.

The crying, moaning and gnashing of teeth will be epic at DKR if the same call goes against the Horns on 10/19.  A bad no DPI call never justifies more bad DPI calls.  The call I described affected momentum and play calling for the entire rest of the game.  Telling you this Gomer Pyle looking Geautreaux crew is pizen.  May you never see them.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Bama Llama said:

The crying, moaning and gnashing of teeth will be epic at DKR if the same call goes against the Horns on 10/19.  A bad no DPI call never justifies more bad DPI calls.  The call I described affected momentum and play calling for the entire rest of the game.  Telling you this Gomer Pyle looking Geautreaux crew is pizen.  May you never see them.

What are you taking about? All anyone is saying is that Alabama benefited from probably a dozen no DPI calls. The DBs on Saturday night were allowed to molest and violate receivers. 

6 minutes ago, Bama Llama said:

Shut up you cry baby bitch. 

2 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

What are you taking about? All anyone is saying is that Alabama benefited from probably a dozen no DPI calls. The DBs on Saturday night were allowed to molest and violate receivers. 

There was lots of home cooking involved.

Reminds me the OU games under Riley. They basically raped our WRs and dared the refs to call a DPI on every fucking passing play.

• Like 1

On 9/28/2024 at 8:00 PM, Pato del Muerto said:

It was rough what they were calling as holding against us today and what they didn’t call against msu, as mock calls out above. 

Just some kind of devilish shenanigans today fucking with our offense in several ways. 

Fixed. 

1 hour ago, scottsins said:

What does the blindside/crackback rule say?

IDK...  this is from google  

Blind Side Block – Rule 2-3-7 and Rule 9-1-18 A blind side block is defined as an open field block against an opponent that is initiated from outside the opponent’s field of vision, or otherwise in such a manner that the opponent cannot reasonably defend himself against the block. (Exceptions: (1) the runner; (2) a receiver in the act of attempting to make a catch.) It is a Personal Foul if a player delivers a blind-side block by attacking an opponent with forcible contact. Note: In addition, if this action meets all the elements of targeting, it is a blind-slide block with targeting (Rule 9-1-3 / 9-1-4).

https://www.uiltexas.org/files/athletics/2019_NCAA_FOOTBALL_RULE_CHANGES.pdf

Here's the official video...  

Edited by locodos

2 hours ago, locodos said:

This one was a bad call that negated a long TD.  How is it a blindside block if they are looking at each other?

This is not the same as the video.  However, this intent to injure opponents is silly and stupid.  You're also risking retribution to one of your knees later on as a reprisal.  When Dallas Turner inevitably has a season ending injury I expect this board to have a full on thread full of glee for what he did to Quinn in 2022.  If anything the smart thing is to get in the way and then sell a flop to influence the refs for bonus yardage.

Another thing, this loading up to kill the QB is stupid too.  What VB did is what I want to see moving forward.  Create a TO and steal the fucking ball.  If you can get a takeaway and score then you can increase the pressure on opponents and it can lead to additional takeaways from them pressing to comeback.

13 minutes ago, Fondren & Main said:

This is not the same as the video.  However, this intent to injure opponents is silly and stupid.  You're also risking retribution to one of your knees later on as a reprisal.  When Dallas Turner inevitably has a season ending injury I expect this board to have a full on thread full of glee for what he did to Quinn in 2022.  If anything the smart thing is to get in the way and then sell a flop to influence the refs for bonus yardage.

Another thing, this loading up to kill the QB is stupid too.  What VB did is what I want to see moving forward.  Create a TO and steal the fucking ball.  If you can get a takeaway and score then you can increase the pressure on opponents and it can lead to additional takeaways from them pressing to comeback.

If you watch the clip, the Gata Rb needs to keep a lane for the WR by blocking.  Not standing there absorbing a hit from a guy running full speed at him and getting blown back into the boundary.  I don't want players head hunting, but targeting was NOT called, a blindsilde block was.  It was NOT out of the defenders vision.  The Rb jogs to his spot and stands his ground, wtf is he supposed to do?

8 minutes ago, locodos said:

If you watch the clip, the Gata Rb needs to keep a lane for the WR by blocking.  Not standing there absorbing a hit from a guy running full speed at him and getting blown back into the boundary.  I don't want players head hunting, but targeting was NOT called, a blindsilde block was.  It was NOT out of the defenders vision.  The Rb jogs to his spot and stands his ground, wtf is he supposed to do?

It's not apples to apples and it's easy to critique from the sidelines.  Looks like a clean block to me.  I'll take the L on that example.  Many times blockers just need to get in the way and set a pick.

Moore wasn’t playing the ball on multiple plays that I saw, he just grabbed, fought with the receiver. Missing one of those calls is fine. But there was an established pattern that I picked up early on and I only tuned in for a small segment.

It’s still better than the rig12. But I would still prefer better.

On 9/15/2024 at 10:47 AM, Magus Ossis said:

Some refs are unintentionally biased (read: all), sometimes enough so that it colors their officiating. Some are consciously biased and allow it to color their officiating. All have moments of inattention for whatever reason-- back hurts, thinking of soon-to-be ex-wife that is leaving them, have to sneeze, etc. They are often quick to defer to a colleague, magnifying errors that should have been corrected by a second set of eyes. Often only one set of eyes is on a play, and the moment of inattention means that it is seen out of context or not seen. Multiplying it out, there are on the order of 100,000 instances of a player being on the field for a play in FBS in a week. How curious it would be if millions of detectives with pause and rewind on their screens could find few or no examples of official error in such a large sample.

The problem lies in sorting out and trying to address the distinct forms of error. We are not going to be able to do much for the guy who is distracted because he spends his game trying to hold in a wet fart. The egregious face-mask on the ball-carrier or the all-penalties-on-one-team behavior merits inquiry by a body with the will and ability to apply meaningful consequences.

And some seem to be getting paid by gamblers.

On 9/29/2024 at 10:21 PM, BurntOrange&White said:

I've never seen 3 OPIs against one team in a game.  But the refs called 3 against UGA.  One was phantom.  Other two were grey.

4 hours ago, locodos said:

This one was a bad call that negated a long TD.  How is it a blindside block if they are looking at each other?

Blindside block calls have gotten ridiculous.  It seems to be a penalty to make a good block that the other player wasn't expecting.

4 hours ago, Bama Llama said:

This is exactly when NOT to change how you.call the game.

4 minutes ago, bullet said:

I've never seen 3 OPIs against one team in a game.  But the refs called 3 against UGA.  One was phantom.  Other two were grey.

And they missed several obvious ones.  Refs were probably told to let them play because the held back a lot.

It's a crackback with a forearm shiver.  That's always gonna be a penalty.

Letting them play is a bullshit excuse. If I have a power running team and my opponent has a great passing game, letting them play, allows me to negate their WRs and their offensive identity. Mugging my receivers doesn’t matter cause my QB sucks.

How is this “even” ?

• Hook 'Em 1

On 9/28/2024 at 2:45 AM, satyanash said:

ACC refs protecting Cam Ward's Heisman campaign and Miami's top-10 ranking.

For the second straight week... ACC refs protecting Cam Ward's Heisman campaign and Miami's top-10 ranking. It's incredibly obvious what the ACC is ordering its officials to do.

Edited by satyanash
  • Haha 2
  • Rage+1 1

Missouri looked like shit, but the officiating in the first part of their game with aggy was as suspect as I've seen in a while. 

Missouri gets a positive play?  Penalty.  It wasn't the volume of penalties so much as the timing of them and nature of them.  Always on momentum building plays, always the kind of penalties that happen on basically every down without calls.

aggy, of course, had Missouri lineman in choke holds, but wasn't flagged until the game was well in hand.

I'm not concerned about our team playing theirs this season, but I am wary of the officiating at Kyle Field.

11 minutes ago, Bill Lumbergh said:

Missouri looked like shit, but the officiating in the first part of their game with aggy was as suspect as I've seen in a while. 

Missouri gets a positive play?  Penalty.  It wasn't the volume of penalties so much as the timing of them and nature of them.  Always on momentum building plays, always the kind of penalties that happen on basically every down without calls.

aggy, of course, had Missouri lineman in choke holds, but wasn't flagged until the game was well in hand.

I'm not concerned about our team playing theirs this season, but I am wary of the officiating at Kyle Field.

If the SEC has any shot at shoehorning another team into the playoffs I’d be surprised if there isn’t fuckwittery with the officials. 

If it plays out that they could job Texas without costing a playoff spot…

On 10/1/2024 at 5:14 PM, JBJ said:

This is exactly when NOT to change how you.call the game.

And they missed several obvious ones.  Refs were probably told to let them play because the held back a lot.

It's a crackback with a forearm shiver.  That's always gonna be a penalty.

that's not a crackback.  the receiver runs straight upfield and looks for a guy to block.  he wasn't diving down inside.  also, the DB could try to run around him upfield but that would be giving ground and he wanted to make the tackle on the ball carrier.

There should be more onus on the defender to protect himself also when he is face to face with a potential blocker.  as long as the forearm is to the chest that his how you are actually supposed to block.

The DB didn't even need to have his "head on a swivel" he just had to not be a dumbass.

Every outside in block not from the line is a crackback.  Even a fullback arc blocking is considered a crackback.  What the WR does  is what they don't want you to do.  Run 2-5 yards upfield out of the vision of the defender and then block using any force.

Edited by JBJ

3 minutes ago, JBJ said:

Every outside in block not from the line is a crackback.  Even a fullback arc blocking is considered a crackback.  What the WR does  is what they don't want you to do.  Run 2-5 yards upfield out of the vision of the defender and then block using any force.

That is not a crackback. Shut the fuck up referee boot licker.

34 minutes ago, JBJ said:

he's in the field of vision of the defender. the guy is looking right at him but the problem is the defender is running out of control.

Just now, DigglerontheHoof said:

Why does every fucking call require a goddamned summit conference?  I bet there is 10 minutes added to every game by refs discussing calls.  So fucking frustrating. 

Yeah, like that false start they called and then waved off, claiming Sarkisian called time out. He very clearly disagreed that he had called timeout.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2
  • Rage+1 1

Just now, Tex Pete said:

Yeah, like that false start they called and then waved off, claiming Sarkisian called time out. He very clearly disagreed that he had called timeout.

My oldest just goes “what the fuck are they doing?!” during that sequence, with a look of disgust and incredulity on her face.

Very proud dad moment. 

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

Yeah, I was thinking "why would Sark call time out there?"

I’ll ask in here, what did gbenda do wrong to get a roughing flag on the hit to Hawkins?  Didn’t look late, didn’t drive him to the ground, didn’t look high and wasn’t called targeting. 

As an addendum, the hit on ewers on his td run was pretty late and quite obviously just a cheap shot on our qb. But there’s a real gray area there and he’s a runner so not hot about it, but relative to the hit gbenda gave Hawkins, which is more unsportsmanlike?

• Like 1

As a not even close to sober watcher of the game from the easy bake oven side of the stadium,  I thought the officiating was atrocious (no calls, bad calls, iffy calls,  and lots of terrible spots) . After the first quarter it didn't really matter though other than helping keep a route 66 off the scoreboard.  I expect the flags to fly both ways against GA in an attempt to keep game close, as a blowout is a bad look for SEC mythology. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, TheAuditor said:

As a not even close to sober watcher of the game from the easy bake oven side of the stadium,  I thought the officiating was atrocious (no calls, bad calls, iffy calls,  and lots of terrible spots) . After the first quarter it didn't really matter though other than helping keep a route 66 off the scoreboard.  I expect the flags to fly both ways against GA in an attempt to keep game close, as a blowout is a bad look for SEC mythology. 

If the sec likes having the top ranked team, well we are it. At least until Oregon and Penn st lose and a 1 loss team gets the spot.  Time for some of that friendly ref protection.