Help me with game day activities

BB65

I’m looking at getting tickets for ULM. It has been 15 years pre more since I’ve been to a game at DKR. I’m looking for the best seats possible under $100. I have found some in section 105 but pretty high up. Also should I get parking or Uber from hotel. What are some pre-game and post game activities to experience. Please someone help me with advice

• Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, TOR said:

There are going to be a sh1tload of dumbass smartass remarks, but hell with them.  Just be there.  :hookem:

Yeah that doesn’t bother me. I’m just clueless on logistics of the day

Better tix will be had later in the week. Keep checking on here. Go to the surly tailgate. Uber depends on where your hotel is. I’d say if it’s anywhere in Austin Uber is better than driving because you can tailgate and get tipsy. 

My adult son

11 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

Highly recommend the trophy room inside the North End Zone.  You could skim it in 10 minutes, or you could easily spend an hour plus in there.

Will definitely do this

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Tailgate

bevo blvd is probably still super fun without kids too, but it’s got so much for all ages of kids if ya bringing em

north end zone like texarcher said

i used to use TickPick but actually Ticketmaster is a little cheaper and yes, snag them the day before or day of the game it will get cheaper as people decide not to go. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Go early, Uber to Scholz grab a drink, walk down San Jac to the West side of the stadium  for Bevo blvd look at the vendors and grab another drink. Walk to the Eastside through the carnival midway games and make your way over the LBJ fountain. Depending on time either go to the tailgate or if there is a good act you can listen at the Longhorn City Limits thing (they announce the act a few days in advance or the game). I’d personally head to the stadium an hour early and spend a good 20 minutes in the trophy room and make your way to your seats at least 15 minute before kick to get the full game day experience with the band marching in and everything.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

Thanks to everyone for the replies. We will follow the TKThunder2 plan and hope to meet some of you degenerates next weekend. Immamac we will plan to be in the area around 2:30 Saturday and will do our best to make the tailgate. Again thanks to all who have replied. 

If you Uber to the game, I think the official drop off spot is on Dean Keaton aka 26th Street and Robert Dedman…so north of the stadium. This would get you immediately closer to the Surly tailgate and LCL.

Then as the LCL is winding down, you walk down the hill through the midway and then can enter the stadium behind the Julius Whittier statue (don’t tell anybody as only a few dozen people do this!) and be in the trophy area. Good food and drink just off of that.

Pretty much the same experience as recommended above but without the walk from Sholz to the Surly tailgate…which is quite the hike!

1 hour ago, MirrOlure said:

If you Uber to the game, I think the official drop off spot is on Dean Keaton aka 26th Street and Robert Dedman…so north of the stadium. This would get you immediately closer to the Surly tailgate and LCL.

Then as the LCL is winding down, you walk down the hill through the midway and then can enter the stadium behind the Julius Whittier statue (don’t tell anybody as only a few dozen people do this!) and be in the trophy area. Good food and drink just off of that.

Pretty much the same experience as recommended above but without the walk from Sholz to the Surly tailgate…which is quite the hike!

If you've never been the Scholz is a great thing to check out, not a great place to hang all day though. The rideshare dropoff/pickup is actually right next to our tailgate (1 minute walk) and we are about another 1 minute from LCL.