Abercrombie: Shirtless Sales Staff Sue over Sinister Sex Scandal

956 Worldwide

Looking back, it probably should have been obvious that staffing stores with shirtless teenage boys was really just about some dirty old bastards being sex pests. The 1990s were a wild time. 

https://www.yahoo.com/news/tried-no-repeatedly-more-men-233254168.html

Then aged 20, Luke says he had been offered the chance of being in a company advert if he flew from his home in Los Angeles to Madrid to meet the CEO of Abercrombie & Fitch (A&F).

Luke says the proposal had come via a modelling website from a man who said he worked as a talent scout and executive assistant for Mr Jeffries - then head of the billion-dollar teen retailer.

In the suite, he says Mr Jeffries' assistants began engaging in role-play, encouraging him to act as a shirtless greeter, a hallmark of A&F stores at the time. Luke says he remembers the talent scout saying: "Now I have two very important guests, and these are going to be the customers that you need to impress and entertain because they're going to be buying a lot of clothes from you."

• Hook 'Em 1

+rep for the thread title

but if that excerpt is the meat of the article, that just reads like they’re trying to find the right guys for a commercial for a company that features shirtless guys targeting teenage girl customers. It feels gross because it is. But what were they supposed to do, ask these male models to solve math riddles and give a PowerPoint presentation? 

Edited by B00M
JESUS CHRIST THAT WASNT THE MEAT OF THE ARTICLE
  • Haha 4
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

2 minutes ago, B00M said:

but if that excerpt is the meat of the article, that just reads like they’re trying to find the right guys for a commercial for a company that features shirtless guys targeting teenage girl customers. It feels gross because it is. But what were they supposed to do, ask these male models to solve math riddles and give a PowerPoint presentation? 

Yeah, I am not the CEO and so I didn’t reveal the meat here. 

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, B00M said:

At that moment, he says Mr Jeffries and his life partner, Matthew Smith, came out of a corner of the room. They immediately started touching him and Mr Jeffries forcibly kissed him, he says. "I was trying to avoid the whole situation as much as I could, but Michael was very aggressive." He says the Abercrombie boss then performed oral sex on him.

“I tried to say no repeatedly. And then I just got kind of convinced to do something. But I constantly was saying no, and I wanted to go.”

• Rage+1 3

43 minutes ago, Parliament said:

At that moment, he says Mr Jeffries and his life partner, Matthew Smith, came out of a corner of the room. They immediately started touching him and Mr Jeffries forcibly kissed him, he says. "I was trying to avoid the whole situation as much as I could, but Michael was very aggressive." He says the Abercrombie boss then performed oral sex on him.

“I tried to say no repeatedly. And then I just got kind of convinced to do something. But I constantly was saying no, and I wanted to go.”

956 should have led with this excerpt.

• Like 1

True story. Abercrombie and Fitch used to be a sporting goods store. In the mid-80’s, I inquired about a Walther Free Pistol they had for sale (I had to show the clerk my international pistol shooting “master” rating card before they let me handle it). It was the store in the strip center north of Walnut Hill and Central expressway  

IMG_3351.jpeg

Edited by statsman
  • Hook 'Em 3

3 minutes ago, statsman said:

True story. Abercrombie and Fitch used to be a sporting goods store. In the mid-80’s, I inquired about a Walther Free Pistol they had for sale (I had to show the clerk my international pistol shooting “master” rating card before they let me handle it). It was the store in the strip center north of Walnut Hill and Central expressway  

IMG_3351.jpeg

I vaguely remember - It was an Orvis type store, right?

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, InkaUtexas said:

yet, no pics of said hot girl then or now.

HS and college pics of her are on 35mm. I have them, but not sharing at risk of bodily harm.  She is/was hot and mean.  

We have an arrangement. If our spouses die (of natural causes of course), that we’ll give it another shot.  Maybe join the same retirement home. 

21 minutes ago, NorthLoop said:

My next door neighbor growing up became an Abercrombie model. Later he would get all churched out on Jesus and became a professional bass fisherman. /csb

I'm sure his church leaders were ecstatic about bringing a male Abercrombie model Into the fold. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2

11 hours ago, Parliament said:

I remember when I was 20.  Lord knows whenever old men tried to kiss me and suck my dick I would try to resist so hard.  Unfortunately sometimes things just happen.