Week 4, 2024; ULM at Texas

Wulaw Horn

Paying for ESPN+ is a no-brainer, especially if you also watch sports outside of football. Even if you are football only, there will usually be a handful of games each week that are worth checking in on.

There is a good chance anything you watched on LHN previously will be on ESPN+ moving forward, so 95% of games for baseball, softball, women's basketball, etc.

Edited by Hookem2147
  • Hook 'Em 3

In answer to the new site motto, I don't know what the fuck a warhawk is, but I would suggest ULM to give their name a little tweak to firehawk.

Imagine, you're on your ranch in the Australian outback, watching a wildfire make its way to your property. Then, by a stroke of luck, it starts to burn out. You're safe! But what's that, a fucking black kite picking  up a burning stick and carrying it past the extinguishing fire line, to start a new fire in order to flush up prey? God damn it...

• Fuck Around and Find Out 1

47 minutes ago, hookem2010 said:

After Michigan, IrishWristWatch came out guns ablazing about how the Mannings weren't going to be happy. Leading up to Saturday's game, brojangles didn't know if he could get up for the game, after happily doing so for a decade-plus of mediocrity. Now we're #1 and Arch just put up 5 TDs. Looking forward to see who has got the hottest take this week!

Well, they at least need to know they have a shot to be a two-time champion. 

@brojangles2

@Irish Wrist Watch

• Hook 'Em 1

22 minutes ago, ClubWhatever said:

I'm told this ULM team is still recovering from being driven into the ground by Terry Bowden and that they are horrible.  Then I look and see that they clobbered UAB, who gave Arkansas all they could handle.   Conclusion: Arkansas fucking sucks.

Dumb And Dumber GIF

• Hook 'Em 1

16 hours ago, Wulaw Horn said:

We are cutting work and school on Friday and I’m taking my 9 year old daughter to the indoor water park in round rock on Friday and then we will go some in the morning after check out- get to Bevo Blvd around 4 and her first game will be seeing #1 ranked Texas in person. Pretty cool. 

IMG_2447.gif.b6de56ff6e9b18c55bdfcd7c34b1c045.gif

• Hook 'Em 3

For those with kids that have Disney+, there is a nice little add on you can do for ESPN+ for cord cutters.  Our annual Disney+ renewal was up in 3 days and my wife was browsing through deals for Verizon.  She increased her phone plan by $5 per month and we got Disney+, Hulu Library with Ads, and ESPN+ for $10 per month.  Disney+ renewal is about $13 per month.  Bundle ESPN+ with Disney+.  It's a good deal.  I know, I know...

image.gif.a5ab2362f9153fd99840e43efaa1e14e.gif

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, 6th Street said:

Looks like it costs $10.99/mo for a subscription to ESPN+. Can cancel after the game 

I think you can watch SEC+ game without subscribing to ESPN+ oddly enough. I was able to watch games this past weekend and I don’t have ESPN+ at the moment. As long as your tv provider has SEC network you should be good. I was using a Dish Network login 

• Hook 'Em 5

37 minutes ago, BERT said:

I think you can watch SEC+ game without subscribing to ESPN+ oddly enough. I was able to watch games this past weekend and I don’t have ESPN+ at the moment. As long as your tv provider has SEC network you should be good. I was using a Dish Network login 

Correct.  SECN+ is an extension of your SEC Network access from your cable or streaming subscription.  ESPN+ is wholly separate from your ESPN access from your cable or streaming subscription.  

This game is accessible via either your SEC Network cable subscription or your extra ESPN+ subscription. 

• Hook 'Em 3

Listening to XM 84 Full Ride this morning and Childers is attempting to stoke the fires of QB controversy in Austin. “What happens if Arch goes out there again this weekend and throws 5 TDs?”

Neuheisel handled it really well, pushed back, and lauded everyone involved. Said he doesn’t care if Ewers comes out and throws a couple of picks early against Georgia, they’ll all stick their knitting and fans will follow suit. 

Overall it was about 20 minutes of more or less just touting the hell out of both players, Sarkisian and the program, so I’m not complaining. 

That said, it’s just an indicator of where the national media and asshats like Bohls, Chip Brown, Ketchum/Anwar, and Liucci are dying to take things. A big statistical game this weekend, which I think is more likely than not, from Manning will send the QB controversy narrative into the stratosphere. We probably all need to gear the fuck up. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3
  • Rage+1 1

No wai, media creating controversy to get clicks, eyeballs and earballs.

It's the larger audience equivalent of the aggy choad ranking Texas behind A&M.

No one in their right mind swaps out a starter playing as well as Ewers has been with Arch. One week earlier the same "experts" were declaring Ewers the Heisman favorite and top QB draft.

Even during the game itself, DERPY announcer #1 pondered "Derp, has a Heisman candidate ever been replaced by a backup?" and DERPY #2 said "Herr durr for sure, it happened to Spencer Rattler"

Um, except Rattler wasn't playing well before Texas, and then really sucked against us so he probably already had a short lease coming in to that game.

If Ewers comes back and struggles against Miss State, then MAYBE Sark considers it.

Until then it's masturbatory speculation and auto-fellatio performed by syphilitic donkey brained dipshits, aka sports talk show hosts.

34 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Listening to XM 84 Full Ride this morning and Childers is attempting to stoke the fires of QB controversy in Austin. “What happens if Arch goes out there again this weekend and throws 5 TDs?”

Neuheisel handled it really well, pushed back, and lauded everyone involved. Said he doesn’t care if Ewers comes out and throws a couple of picks early against Georgia, they’ll all stick their knitting and fans will follow suit. 

Overall it was about 20 minutes of more or less just touting the hell out of both players, Sarkisian and the program, so I’m not complaining. 

That said, it’s just an indicator of where the national media and asshats like Bohls, Chip Brown, Ketchum/Anwar, and Liucci are dying to take things. A big statistical game this weekend, which I think is more likely than not, from Manning will send the QB controversy narrative into the stratosphere. We probably all need to gear the fuck up. 

Childers is such a loud buffoon. I would never listen to that show it if wasn't for Rick. He's pretty level headed and I agree with his opinion about 95% of the time while I only agree with Childers about 2% of the time. Plus Childers thinks that being loud makes him right. I don't listen to that show if Rick isn't on which unfortunately happens quite a bit. Rick loves his golf.  

2 hours ago, closetojumping said:

Listening now.

On 9/16/2024 at 11:47 AM, Js1 said:

Correct.  SECN+ is an extension of your SEC Network access from your cable or streaming subscription.  ESPN+ is wholly separate from your ESPN access from your cable or streaming subscription.  

This game is accessible via either your SEC Network cable subscription or your extra ESPN+ subscription. 

Doing some prep for Saturday night.  Im away from my tv at the moment...is SEC+ a channel on guide?  I have SEC Network through my Uverse cable, 1607.  Not being interested in SEC+ games in the past, I havent really seeked out this channel.  Are the SEC+ games in that general area on guide?  Im assuming so, seems like I have seen it.  Sounds like I wont have to subscribe to ESPN+ for Saturday.

2 minutes ago, jdhorn92 said:

Doing some prep for Saturday night.  Im away from my tv at the moment...is SEC+ a channel on guide?  I have SEC Network through my Uverse cable, 1607.  Not being interested in SEC+ games in the past, I havent really seeked out this channel.  Are the SEC+ games in that general area on guide?  Im assuming so, seems like I have seen it.  Sounds like I wont have to subscribe to ESPN+ for Saturday.

Not on TV, unless you have a connected app on your TV:

Q: If a game is on ESPN+ or SEC Network+, can I watch it on TV?

A: SEC Network+ and ESPN+ are not television channels, but they are available via the ESPN App on your TV through connected streaming services and devices.

https://www.secsports.com/about-secnetwork-plus

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Just now, hornian said:

Not on TV, unless you have a connected app on your TV:

Q: If a game is on ESPN+ or SEC Network+, can I watch it on TV?

A: SEC Network+ and ESPN+ are not television channels, but they are available via the ESPN App on your TV through connected streaming services and devices.

https://www.secsports.com/about-secnetwork-plus

thank you.  I can figure that out then.  Appreciate it.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, TexasMan said:

When was the last time you couldn't watch a UT game on over the air and/or cable television? 

Best I could come up with is the 2006 Sam Houston State game, that was on PPV. 

I remember paying $29.99 to watch the shit games when I was living in Wisconsin.  

15 hours ago, closetojumping said:

the biggest tell about this subject:

there has not been one camera shot, not a single, one-second, sunglasses on in shadows blipvert, of any manning family member, during any game, in any stadium, home or away or at fair park, this year or last, and no matter how hard the bitchassed media members crave headlines, there is no controversy, period

we have a jedi at starter, and a jedi at backup, and the program comes before all

if asked about this bullshit controversy, i can predict the answer that both quinn and arch would give:

the horns

the horns

the horns

Edited by Hagbard Celine
  • Hook 'Em 3

On 9/17/2024 at 7:31 AM, closetojumping said:

Kanell was on Cover 3 yesterday saying Ewers should push to play this weekend so Arch can’t get anymore momentum.  Ummmmm OK idiot. 

On 9/15/2024 at 7:48 PM, Elmer_Fudd said:

I posted the numbers earlier with ULM running the ball basically 75% of time, which means they are probably just going to try and milk the clock between every play, limit possessions as best as possible, and get out as quick as they can.

Which is exactly why I changed my prediction from a 3rd quarter pic six to a punt return for TD. Also why I think we'll score less than 60. I anticipate a pretty humdrum game with Texas working Arch in passing early and converting to quick dumps, screens and runs late 3rd and 4th. Maybe test some trickeration plays to give future DCs more to digest.

3 minutes ago, Doc Daneeka said:

JFC, that stupid is so concentrated he needs to be careful he doesn’t start nuclear fusion. 

I think Ewers should focus on classes for the next two weeks to make sure he makes honor roll and keep his starting job. NFL scouts really look closely at grades and Sark has openly said A students start ahead of B students.