Week 4, 2024; ULM at Texas

Wulaw Horn

4 hours ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

Yeah I’m old and can’t figure something out with the ESPN app.  I’m logged into the app on my TV through my provider, Directv so I should get the ESPN+ and Sec+ channels but when I click on the UT game channel it’s giving me a QR code and the only choice is to sign up for ESPN+ for $9.99.  Can someone tell this old man what I am missing?

you need espn plus to watch the game period. check YouTube live if you want to watch for free 

14 minutes ago, Hookem10 said:

you need espn plus to watch the game period. check YouTube live if you want to watch for free 

No you don’t. If you log in with your tv provider you don’t need to have ESPN+, you can watch it on SECN+ for free

37 minutes ago, Funk Doctor Spock said:

You've been reading too much TexAgs, sir. The nicknames lol

I watched too many games Galindo called on LHN and I can assure you that Galindo and Manny Acho have the same consultant who teaches them how to talk like jackasses about football. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Funk Doctor Spock said:

I hate that our game is at 7. This is stupid. They're a scrub. 

9 minutes ago, Funk Doctor Spock said:

I was hoping for an 11am game so I could watch Tennessee curb stomp ou. 

Oh well, I'm excited to see Arch get his first stsrt, regardless of time 

Can drink a lot of tasty beverages before a 7pm kick…..

• Like 1

Nope. SEC+ is free if you have the SEC Network, which you should. 
Edit: Bert beat me. 

Except this fucking piece of shit espn app on my firestick tv won't take the credentials (yttv). Works on my phone so I guess I'll just cast it to the big screen.
  • Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, DaysOff said:

Except this fucking piece of shit espn app on my firestick tv won't take the credentials (yttv). Works on my phone so I guess I'll just cast it to the big screen.

You could try to mirror it on to your tv from your phone 

5 hours ago, BigHorn'13 said:

Download ESPN app on your TV. 

Use your YTTV login

????

Profit

No need to subscribe to ESPN plus. 

5 hours ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

Yeah I’m old and can’t figure something out with the ESPN app.  I’m logged into the app on my TV through my provider, Directv so I should get the ESPN+ and Sec+ channels but when I click on the UT game channel it’s giving me a QR code and the only choice is to sign up for ESPN+ for $9.99.  Can someone tell this old man what I am missing?

55 minutes ago, Hookem10 said:

39 minutes ago, BERT said:

No you don’t. If you log in with your tv provider you don’t need to have ESPN+, you can watch it on SECN+ for free

38 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Nope. SEC+ is free if you have the SEC Network, which you should. 

Edit: Bert beat me. 

Jesus what a goat fuck. I have Uverse and the house we are going to has YTTV but as far as I can tell you can’t watch it.

The confusion from above:

1. You can’t log into an espn app with YTTV credentials. That makes no sense. They are two different companies. 

2. SECN+ is not a channel on YTTV or Uverse or DirectTV. I don’t think you can see it, unless there is something I’ve missed.

3. I think you have to have ESPN+ to watch it, unless 1 and 2 above are wrong. 

Fuck em all. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

Jesus what a goat fuck. I have Uverse and the house we are going to has YTTV but as far as I can tell you can’t watch it.

1. You can’t log into an espn app with YTTV credentials. That makes no sense. They are two different companies. 

2. SECN+ is not a channel on YTTV or Uverse or DirectTV. I don’t think you can see it, unless there is something I’ve missed.

Fuck em all. 

OR, just go to streameast and watch it there. OR I’m sure it’ll be on regular YouTube being streamed 

Edited by BERT

47 minutes ago, MrBig said:

I watched too many games Galindo called on LHN and I can assure you that Galindo and Manny Acho have the same consultant who teaches them how to talk like jackasses about football. 

Manny Acho has an additional consultant that teaches him how to dress like a jackass.

18 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

Fuck em all. 

Just log in to the ESPN app with your credentials on their TV.

20 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

Fuck em all. 

Download ESPN app and sign in with YouTube tv credentials, I literally just did this. Just follow the steps ( which is a clusterfuck if you aren’t half ass tech savvy). 

1 hour ago, ztejas said:

My GlamGlizzer account came with a free month of Cheese TV. Will that have the game?

Make sure to synchronize your flambords, then log into XYZTV with your ABCTV account, then switch to the Sap setting in Yardstack. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

Just log in to the ESPN app with your credentials on their TV.

Yes - I have Spectrum and previous seasons, they have had an additional (+) channel on the guide below SECN. This year Spectrum took it off.

I’ve logged into the ESPN app and I think I can watch it that way, but right now the only game visible is the Missouri game, which is on regular SECN, so don’t really know.

I’m just preparing myself for Craig Way’s audio version, but if it works at 7:00 then I’ll get to watch it?

Hook’em!!!

35 minutes ago, tejas60 said:

Why don't you cheap bastards just subscribe for 1 month. $10.99 gonna break you?

This is what my friend did, and he is charging me $3.99 for entry to his home. I’m bringing 299 pennies and 20 nickels.  

1 hour ago, Texasborn91 said:

Download ESPN app and sign in with YouTube tv credentials, I literally just did this. Just follow the steps ( which is a clusterfuck if you aren’t half ass tech savvy). 

So let me get this straight. You put your YouTube tv user name and password into the espn app, and the espn app was able to take you through a process to get access to SECN+ and ESPN+? How in the world would the espn app know anything at all about the YouTube login information? 

Edited by Dbeasy

9 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

This is what my friend did, and he is charging me $3.99 for entry to his home. I’m bringing 299 pennies and 20 nickels.  

So let me get this straight. You put your YouTube tv user name and password into the espn app, and the espn app was able to take you through a process to get access to SECN+ and ESPN+? How in the world would the espn app know anything at all about the YouTube login information? 

to watch games on the espn app it asks what your tv provider is. you click there, you go to your tv provider's site, it authenticates you and sends you back to the espn app.  then you can watch secn+ (apparently). you cannot watch espn+ with that, espn+ is a separate wholly over-the-top service. secn+ is (according to other posters here) additional content you get through your cable subscription. terrible branding by the mouse, which is usually good at this sort of thing.

have you never used the espn app (or any other network's app) before?

Edited by elfenix

3 minutes ago, elfenix said:

to watch games on the espn app it asks what your tv provider is. you click there, you go to your tv provider's site, it authenticates you and sends you back to the espn app.  then you can watch secn+ (apparently). you cannot watch espn+ with that, espn+ is a separate wholly over-the-top service. secn+ is (according to other posters here) additional content you get through your cable subscription. terrible branding by the mouse, which is usually good at this sort of thing.

have you never used the espn app (or any other network's app) before?

Yes I’ve done that a hundred times. I was responding to a bunch of people incorrectly saying to login to the espn app with the YTTV login info. They were describing it incorrectly and I was pointing that out. 

What you said now makes it crystal clear. Thank you. 

You don't login to ESPN app with your YouTube login, you go to "settings"  select "TV Provider", select YouTube, then it will let you login with your YouTube username/password

Ok. This worked. I logged all the way out and logged back in via the app settings, and it appears secn+ will work. Thanks

3 minutes ago, DaysOff said:

Ok. This worked. I logged all the way out and logged back in via the app settings, and it appears secn+ will work. Thanks

Yes, just clicking on the game forces you into buying espn+. You have to go to settings. That was the missing info.