Texas opens as a 48 point favorite v Louisiana Monroe

TexasMan

48 points is...uhhhh a lot even if we're healthy.  I don't think they score more than 7 and that's a garbage time or turnover score.  But are we going to score 55+ ...potentially without QE and Blue?  We CAN but will we?  I think once Sark gets up by 35 he starts running 3 times in a row, like we saw w/ Trey Owens, gets out of the game without more injuries.  What's the use of live reps when the team you're playing is probably not as good as your 3rd string in practice?  I rarely bet Texas but here I'd take ULM and the points.

1 minute ago, Valmy77 said:

ULM is a running team right? I feel like this is a good opportunity for another shut out. So I don't know.

52-0 again might be realistic even with our injuries.

I don't see it. Sark will try to limit injuries and win by 2 or 3 tds. I think someone else said can we? yes. will we? I doubt it.

8 minutes ago, PhillyHorn1 said:

I don't see it. Sark will try to limit injuries and win by 2 or 3 tds. I think someone else said can we? yes. will we? I doubt it.

Is he going to tell his receivers to not run to the end zone? ULM doesn't have the athletes to cover our guys. He'll protect the RBs so throwing more and scoring more.  

Would definitely take the points if I were going to bet on it. That's just too much, although I don't know the history of 42+ point favorites. It's not that we shouldn't beat ULM by at least 42 if we were going all out for 60 minutes, it's just that there are too many variables on if we will go all out the whole game. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Huckleberry said:

Would definitely take the points if I were going to bet on it. That's just too much, although I don't know the history of 42+ point favorites. It's not that we shouldn't beat ULM by at least 42 if we were going all out for 60 minutes, it's just that there are too many variables on if we will go all out the whole game. 

The last spread we had in the 40s was 2020 v UTEP and was -43. We covered 59-3.

• Drool 1

I'm going to follow the advice of this thread and put all my money on ULM -48. I don't see any way we keep up with this juggernaut when we're stuck with our backup QB (who is from Louisiana by the way, just saying). I just hope that the entire university doesn't get swallowed up into the UL system and we become UL-Austin. Because that it is a distinct possibility.

they run the ball and will try to chew clock. if our D can get them on early 3 and outs  we will cover.  if they chew us for a few 1st downs per drive even if they don't score, we likely won't.

Owens and walk on RB's will be in there as soon as Sark deems it good.