Pipeline Explosion in Deer Park

Rip76

6 minutes ago, tx ind said:

the video makes it look like something much dirtier than natural gas

Agreed.

"Y-Grade NGL is an un-fractionated hydrocarbon mixture comprising ethane, propane, butane, isobutane, and pentane plus. Pentane plus comprises pentane, isopentane, and/or heavier weight hydrocarbons, for example hydrocarbon compounds containing at least one of C5 through C8+."

• Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, Rip76 said:

Agreed.

"Y-Grade NGL is an un-fractionated hydrocarbon mixture comprising ethane, propane, butane, isobutane, and pentane plus. Pentane plus comprises pentane, isopentane, and/or heavier weight hydrocarbons, for example hydrocarbon compounds containing at least one of C5 through C8+."

Thinking Think GIF by Rodney Dangerfield

• Haha 7

20 minutes ago, tx ind said:

the video makes it look like something much dirtier than natural gas

The ng is burning clean, but it’s also burning off all of the organic that are always in the air over there. 

14 minutes ago, Bevo said:

It's Deer Park. @closetojumping - I forgot - are you from Missouri City?

Pasa-get down-Dena I believe. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Rip76 said:

Agreed.

kind of flammable 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

29 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

thank god that’s blowing out and towards baytown. going to see a lot of 3 eyed babies in 9 months 

These people are gonna get a lot of bullshit from their insurance companies. I can picture the insurance reps saying they would have paid out for fire but not water damage. It’s always some bullshit like that. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 4

3 minutes ago, MrBig said:

These people are gonna get a lot of bullshit from their insurance companies. I can picture the insurance reps saying they would have paid out for fire but not water damage. It’s always some bullshit like that. 

yep, they’re better off if it all burns to the ground 

Edited by tx 3 putt

11 minutes ago, CHIEF said:

This one happened about three miles from where I was washing my boat: 

https://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/live-video-explosion-rocks-north-texas/1871302/

They hit a 36" major transmission line. It made the explosions on the Ukraine thread look rather mild. It was a pants shitting moment.

CHIEF

Maybe it’s time to rethink those bird killing windmills?

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

I want to know about the 'preliminary reports' that say a car struck the valve. Those preliminary reports don't seem to be on the web anywhere that Google will show me.   The partially burnt car in the TV News drone footage is a good 30 feet from the fire.  Is that the car?  Was it a  Drunk Driver at 10am in the morning?  A domestic Terrorist?   A former employee?  So many questions. My attention span is short these days. I need answers now.

56 minutes ago, High Plains Drifter said:

Even with a upstream valve shut off, it still takes a while for residual gas to burn off. 

Unless the upstream valve was also hit by a car. 

Pipelines hold a shitton, local news said the pipe was was 1400PSI at the time of the rupture. And the rupture happened at one of the pipeline isolation valves so the fire is getting fed by two multi-mile mile segments of isolated 20" diameter pipe.

Deer Park mayor said it's likely gonna burn through the night. 

Thank God the EPA has been stripped of its authority and power and we get to enjoy the free spicy air in H-town

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1