Early Voting Tracker- Elections Lab

StassneyHorn

From University of Florida's Michael McDonald where it was also known as the US Elections project (good Twitter follow as well). This is one of the best places to check out the numbers and statistical breakdowns of this election cycle. Much easier to visualize now than using his github from years before. I believe they even have it down to the precinct level this year. In person early voting, mail in ballots sent out, back in, you name it. Breakdown of gender and age information if available.

https://election.lab.ufl.edu/early-vote/2024-early-voting/

I know there are specific Twitter follows that give good insight for AZ, MI, NC, NV, PA, WI, etc. if anyone wants to add below, please do as it would make a nice spot to have that info in one place.

• Hook 'Em 4

21 states have received early votes so far.

Texas appears to have gotten its first batch of mail-in votes with 3.539.
-- Victoria County - famous for @tx 3 putt and myself, as well its lesser known shout out in Star Wars as a place "You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy" leads the way with 458 mail in votes.

Virginia is top dawg so far and has around 308K votes, which is 92k less than at this time in 2020, albeit different circumstances.
Wisconsin is at 87K and around 20% of all mail ballots requested returned so far in the state.

• Hook 'Em 1

45 minutes ago, StassneyHorn said:

21 states have received early votes so far.

Texas appears to have gotten its first batch of mail-in votes with 3.539.
-- Victoria County - famous for @tx 3 putt and myself, as well its lesser known shout out in Star Wars as a place "You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy" leads the way with 458 mail in votes.

Virginia is top dawg so far and has around 308K votes, which is 92k less than at this time in 2020, albeit different circumstances.
Wisconsin is at 87K and around 20% of all mail ballots requested returned so far in the state.

highly likely those are majority trump votes 

• 2 weeks later...
46 minutes ago, swraith said:

So, those under 40 in PA, need to focus on getting those mail ballots returned?

I mean, everyone will fret, but they always end up doing it last minute or just voting in person on Election Day. 

49 minutes ago, Chips O'Toole said:

STOP THE COUNT!  

Oh it's still three weeks away?

Stop it anyway!

AJC is reporting 281k at poll closing time, with people still in lines (if you are in line when the polls close, they have to let your vote by law).  Georgia will eclipse 300k on the first day of early voting.  

• Like 1
  • Drool 1

Late and I'm not sure when numbers are updated overnight, but figured id take a look at what I consider important. I think its important because it shows the gender gap enthusiasm so far appears large, and they are all on eastern time zone and getting called early can disrupt communications of STOLLEN election.

Women are outnumbering men voters by approx 66k votes in North Carolina, 401,198 - 334,779. 44k extra did not identify.
Women are outnumbering men voters by approx 119k in Michigan, 530,995 - 412,241. 1445 extra did not identify.
Women are outnumbering men voters by approx 123k in Georgia, 658,847 - 535,348.  6,355 extra did not identify.
There is an approx 294k Republican shortfall to in Pennsylvania mail ballots, 504,373 - 210,623.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

11 hours ago, StassneyHorn said:

Late and I'm not sure when numbers are updated overnight, but figured id take a look at what I consider important. I think its important because it shows the gender gap enthusiasm so far appears large, and they are all on eastern time zone and getting called early can disrupt communications of STOLLEN election.

Women are outnumbering men voters by approx 66k votes in North Carolina, 401,198 - 334,779. 44k extra did not identify.
Women are outnumbering men voters by approx 119k in Michigan, 530,995 - 412,241. 1445 extra did not identify.
Women are outnumbering men voters by approx 123k in Georgia, 658,847 - 535,348.  6,355 extra did not identify.
There is an approx 294k Republican shortfall to in Pennsylvania mail ballots, 504,373 - 210,623.

Women love Trump. It’s true because he said it.

Nevada - early returns in Clark County are unfavorable.

In Clark County, 14,750 registered Republicans (49.2 percent) cast votes compared to 9,146 Democrats (30.5 percent) and 6,064 independents (20.2 percent).

https://www.reviewjournal.com/news/politics-and-government/nevada/early-in-person-voting-has-arrived-in-las-vegas-valley-3192587/amp/

• Rage+1 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

2 hours ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

remind me, will we see early voting progress numbers in Texas or will be only see results on the 5th?

2 hours ago, StassneyHorn said:

Should see them everyday in Texas SOS early voting site. The link above scrapes every states Secretary of State/Elections websites and gets numbers that are available.

In the past elections, the Texas SOS page had the daily numbers for the largest 15-20 counties. Some of the counties weren't as good as others in sending in daily updates especially over the weekends. They catch up on Monday or Tuesday. It's a weak reporting site since it ignores 230+ counties. 

5 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

In the past elections, the Texas SOS page had the daily numbers for the largest 15-20 counties. Some of the counties weren't as good as others in sending in daily updates especially over the weekends. They catch up on Monday or Tuesday. It's a weak reporting site since it ignores 230+ counties. 

It should be this page:

https://earlyvoting.texas-election.com/Elections/getElectionEVDates.do

• Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Eh that hasn’t been my experience. For the most recent election, this one, most of them (254 counties) get updated early in the morning with about 10 or so that may not get done. There’s an afternoon update that catches the stragglers. The SoS site has switched to displaying top 15 counties for historical election selections.

You can visit every county’s clerk website and get the numbers around 11pm at night for the largest ones.

1 minute ago, Pescado_Rojo said:

Any updates on the Pennsylvania firewall?  

Up to about 325k, not including the indy vote (like 375k if you include that)

Other than the Columbus Day weekend, it's increasing by about 15-25k per day, sometime as much as 30k.  

Smithley acknowledges the GOP is lagging behind by 10%+ in returns in big counties and isn't sure what to make of that. 

9 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Up to about 325k, not including the indy vote (like 375k if you include that)

Other than the Columbus Day weekend, it's increasing by about 15-25k per day, sometime as much as 30k.  

Smithley acknowledges the GOP is lagging behind by 10%+ in returns in big counties and isn't sure what to make of that. 

Wasn't 300K the number we were shooting for or am I off?