watching vintage TV

Gil Bang

So, my dad has Direct Tv.   They had the bullshit dispute with ESPN/ABC.  My dad was pissed that he would miss the Horns last weekend.  I was up there last wednesday, and I put a trial of YouTube TV on his set, so he could watch the game.    

Meanwhile, Direct TV and Disney settled, so he got the game anyway.

So the trial isn't up, and I found myself sleeping in a beachhouse that had no cable for the last couple of nights.  I did have internet, so I tried the YouTube TV on my laptop.  

I found some obscure channel called "get".    Rockford, Quincy, and Sanford back-to-back-to-back, and I fucking loved it.   I'm gonna cancel the trial because I have cable at home, but I'm digging this shit. 

On the antenna I like METV but don’t get it in my area.  Twilight zone, Alfred Hitchcock each night. 

Tubi, Roku, Pluto and Xumo have some great old shit.  
Also have enjoyed Night Gallery, Outer Limits (the later reboot more so than the hokey original version), Ray Bradbury Theater.  And of course Columbo

On Xumo they have channels like “Universal Action” which I guess runs old series made by Universal Studies in binge format.  All the episodes in a row then switch to  another series.  Have seen Quincy, Columbo, Simon and Simon, the Equilizer, etc 

Edited by Lhorn

46 minutes ago, Lhorn said:

On the antenna I like METV but don’t get it in my area.  Twilight zone, Alfred Hitchcock each night. 

Also have enjoyed Night Gallery, Outer Limits (the later reboot more so than the hokey original version), Ray Bradbury Theater.  And of course Columbo

On Xumo they have channels like “Universal Action” which I guess runs old series made by Universal Studies in binge format.  All the episodes in a row then switch to  another series.  Have seen Quincy, Columbo, Simon and Simon, the Equilizer, etc 

The 30min Alfred Hitchcocks are awesome. I binged watched so many get repetitive and predictable but a lot of gems. I tried to do the hour long series he has but couldn't really get into those. They were on Peacock when I watched. No idea if they are still on there.

Columbo is in my HOF of tv shows. Never get tired of those, especially the older episodes. The ones at the end were a little hit or miss.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lhorn said:

"Rolled up a wooly and I watched Columbo."