NFL Week 3

shadow_operative2.0

Just now, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

Fourth and a foot and you run it wide?  How do these coordinators actually get their jobs. 3rd down should have ran Bijan up the middle  as he tends to fall forward for a yard.

Zac freaking Robinson lol. 

Went from hanging out at top golf in Dallas to NFL OC on a whim

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

4 minutes ago, BurgleBro said:

Zac freaking Robinson lol. 

Went from hanging out at top golf in Dallas to NFL OC on a whim

Then you have Kirk cousins who is just fine running whatever dumb fuck play they call and getting out of the game healthy and rich. 

i don’t blame him honestly

but legit NFL franchise QBs say fuck that play when some dumb ass OC wants to run a split back toss against 9 guys all in 3 point stances on the fucking LOS

• Rage+1 1

1 minute ago, Zeus said:

Then you have Kirk cousins who is just fine running whatever dumb fuck play they call and getting out of the game healthy and rich. 

i don’t blame him honestly

but legit NFL franchise QBs say fuck that play when some dumb ass OC wants to run a split back toss against 9 guys all in 3 point stances on the fucking LOS

at least use your TO once you see you are fucked. 

• Hook 'Em 1

8 hours ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

I can tell you what he has.  A shitty offensive line and a shitty offensive coordinator to match.

According to a post game interview with Bijan, Cousins audibled into that play.  Like, what the fuck.  I bet the original call was a QB sneak and Kirk made a business decision.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 1

20 minutes ago, SpiralOut said:

According to a post game interview with Bijan, Cousins audibled into that play.  Like, what the fuck.  I bet the original call was a QB sneak and Kirk made a business decision.  

Cousins is good at one thing and one thing only.  Maximizing his next contract in a contract year.  I wouldn’t trust that guy to throw a 5 yard pass when the game is on the line.  

8 hours ago, SpiralOut said:

According to the Chiefs beat writer for The Athletic:

With less than a minute remaining, the Falcons faced a fourth-and-inches from the Chiefs’ 13-yard line. The Falcons lined up in a condensed formation featuring two tight ends and two running backs, similar to one they used in the second quarter to score a 1-yard touchdown. Before getting under backup center Ryan Neuzil, Cousin used a signal, using his hands to tap his helmet multiple times, to communicate with his teammates.

“They saw us all kind of loading the box and they said, ‘Check, check,’” linebacker Leo Chenal said. “We knew that they were alerting to an outside run. (Linebacker) Nick (Bolton) just read it perfectly and took the shot.”

Bolton, who suffered a lower back injury earlier in the fourth quarter, was the lone defender the Falcons didn’t block. He sprinted upfield behind Chenal, who created penetration against left tackle Jack Matthews and tackled running back Bijan Robinson behind the line of scrimmage for a 3-yard loss.“I saw that and cheated over a little bit,” Bolton said of the Falcons’ formation. “It’s a rule around the locker room: If a tight end is (supposed to block No.) 54, man, he’s going to set the edge for you. I saw Leo set the edge and I went off his butt and I made a play. I trusted the play call we had and I already knew where I was going on the snap.”

These NFL celebrations are so f'n ridiculous. Hamlin just had a pick of Lawrence with a return to the ~40 yard line, and next thing you know there were like 15 Bills posing in the endzone like they just won the game. 

Edit- I just backed up to the play and there were 17 bills in the end zone celebrating a pick. So 6 guys came off the bench to celebrate. Fuck that and get off my lawn. 

Edited by Blotto

4 minutes ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

You reply to me way too often to not click on all of my replies, dumbshit. 

Dude talks shit to me without fail in the golf threads maybe every other major. Unprovoked. 

Let the ass clown stros fan do his thing. 

2 minutes ago, MirrOlure said:

So I don’t even NFL anymore, bro…

….but is two Monday Night games a thing? Or just a one off this week for some reason

They've done it in the past. I could have sworn they've done actual double headers offset by a couple hours which I dig. That may have been Thurs nights though. 

I was curious as well. This year there will be 4 weeks  with two MNF games. It made some sense when the games are staggered by 2-3 hours, but this year they always start about 1 hour apart. Who the fuck knows why they thought that was a good idea. I'm sure  it translates to more money, but I doubt the total audience is that much greater.