Steelers shocked to discover that new OC arthur smith still sucks dicks at doing his job

Derka

first three drives against atl: 28 plays run, 72 yards gained. how is that even possible? has that ever even been done before? just an astonishing hire by the steelers with absolutely predictable results.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Derka said:

first three drives against atl: 28 plays run, 72 yards gained. how is that even possible? has that ever even been done before? just an astonishing hire by the steelers with absolutely predictable results.

Despite no longer following the Falcons too closely (though I live only about an hour from Atlanta), I quickly began to wonder if Smith had damning leverage on someone in that organization. The only alternative is to just accept that Arthur Blank is a far less flamboyant Jerry Jones. He's made so many dreadful choices for so many years. 

That's NINE scoring drives in 2 weeks, you ungrateful bitches!

The more peculiar thing with regard to scoring is that the Steelers have more points in 2 games than the LARams.  Aaron Donald was influential, but geeze...

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, Gut Wagon said:

I quickly began to wonder if Smith had damning leverage on someone in that organization

He's got billions of dollars. He made a name for himself by feeding the ball to a monster RB, jet sweeps and creative play-action. His smarmy, smartest-guy-in-the-room act is going to eventually be what gets Tomlin fired. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

i watched the atlanta game, and on the first drive they had a 3rd and 6, and smith called a handoff up the middle to his third string rb cordarrelle patterson, which was stuffed at the line of scrimmage. that is truly some greg davis, vizzini type shit there.

”atlanta knows me very well, thus they will be expecting me to do some stupid shit like a handoff up the middle to my rb3. however they know that i know that they know me very well, therefore they will clearly expect me to go away from tendency, and to throw the ball beyond the sticks here. but of course they know that i know that they know this, which means that i am left with no choice but to do the last thing they will expect me to do, which is in fact the very thing they expected me to do in the first place! don’t you see! a hahahahahah! a hahahahahahaha!”

giphy.gif?cid=9b38fe919abub0ax725ujbd4c0

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Vic Mackey said:

To be fair, their QB is Justin Fields. Not sure how much offensive production you can expect out of him.

Not sure when Russell Wilson is expected back and how much of an upgrade he will be since he was terrible at Denver.

Russell Wilson is a downgrade on Trey Lance

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, lilMAC25 said:

who cares family guy GIF

Your gay family and friends, probably.  Assuming you have at least one.

“Steelers shocked to discover that new OC arthur smith still retarded at doing his job”

We try not to say that r-word anymore.  Maybe we could include sucking dicks in that category? Look, It’s not a hill I’m dying on - especially on a sports board that is known for being a hive of scum and villainy.  I’m just making a suggestion. Post how you wanna post.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 2

42 minutes ago, Gatorubet said:

“Steelers shocked to discover that new OC arthur smith still retarded at doing his job”

We try not to say that r-word anymore.  Maybe we could include sucking dicks in that category? Look, It’s not a hill I’m dying on - especially on a sports board that is known for being a hive of scum and villainy.  I’m just making a suggestion. Post how you wanna post.

why would the idea of sucking dicks offend gay people? most people who suck dicks are straight women. this is what it looks like when you go out of your way to be offended.

• Hook 'Em 1

48 minutes ago, Gatorubet said:

Nah I’m fine with it. Art Smith sucks dick 

NFL hiring retreads? What a shocker. McCarthy, Jeff Fisher (fuck you, you piece of shit). If Mike Vrabel can secure a job as a HC, the sky is the limit for failed coaches. Sean McDermott, Ron Rivera, Bruce Arians, Wade Phillips. Dan Canales, Mike MacSonald, and the list goes on. The NFL is filled witg a bunch of failures. Then they somehow end up with another HC'ing gig thinking he can "fix" what rent wrong. Surprise! They're all failures. What a shocker. 

17 minutes ago, Derka said:

why would the idea of sucking dicks offend gay people? most people who suck dicks are straight women. this is what it looks like when you go out of your way to be offended.

I mean you could have said Arthur Smith is a fat bipolar thin skinned loser of an OC and no one would have been offended. What's so bad about sucking dick, last I checked of someone sucked dick at something someone was having a good time. Even a bad dick sucker is pretty good

• Haha 2
  • Rage+1 1

17 minutes ago, Derka said:

weren’t you just crying about people using the word “retard”? lol

Your prior comment was truly one of the stupidest things I’ve seen posted in a while, and there is no shortage of stupid things posted on surly. Granted, sometimes by me.

Let me help you out.  The thread title used dick sucking as an extreme negative.  Like the R word.   If a thread title said “ firing Billy Napier: almost as good as getting my dick sucked?”,  that would not refer to the act of getting a dick sucked as a bad thing, and in fact it would be treated as a clearly positive statement that celebrated the awesomeness of dick sucking.

It ain’t that hard to figure out sport.  I wasn’t even saying never post like that within the thread, just suggesting that we not post a thread title with that as a negative connotation.  

Post however and whatever you want. Post any thread title that you want. I get that you can’t see the difference and that you never will. no problem.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

Some teams like to claim "best 0-2 team in the league."

I think I can safely assert, "Pittsburgh is the worst 2-0 team in the league."

A decent defense and kicking game can keep you competitive, but I am awaiting one of those 30-10 beatdowns that seem to occur on an almost annual basis.  Sometimes you need to score points.  Arthur cannot.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, aggie08 said:

Mike Tomlin gonna be the HC in 2035, still touting how many consecutive non-losing seasons they've had.

^^^This.  I spent 30 minutes in an Uber on the way to the Pittsburgh airport with an average Steelers fan and asked him if Tomlin was ever on the hot seat and this was exactly the narrative. 

1 hour ago, Michael Knight said:

I mean you could have said Arthur Smith is a fat bipolar thin skinned loser of an OC and no one would have been offended. What's so bad about sucking dick, last I checked of someone sucked dick at something someone was having a good time. Even a bad dick sucker is pretty good

True

There are only good, great, and phenomenal blow-jobs.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Gatorubet said:

Arrested Development Crying GIF by HULU

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Gatorubet said:

Your prior comment was truly one of the stupidest things I’ve seen posted in a while, and there is no shortage of stupid things posted on surly. Granted, sometimes by me.

Let me help you out.  The thread title used dick sucking as an extreme negative.  Like the R word.   If a thread title said “ firing Billy Napier: almost as good as getting my dick sucked?”,  that would not refer to the act of getting a dick sucked as a bad thing, and in fact it would be treated as a clearly positive statement that celebrated the awesomeness of dick sucking.

It ain’t that hard to figure out sport.  I wasn’t even saying never post like that within the thread, just suggesting that we not post a thread title with that as a negative connotation.  

Post however and whatever you want. Post any thread title that you want. I get that you can’t see the difference and that you never will. no problem.

and they say that i’m hypersensitive and long winded. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Derka said:

and they say that i’m hypersensitive and long winded. 

...and you don't pollute the Gator boards with hyper-sensitive, sanctimonious drivel. At least, I hope not.

Advantage, Derka

20 minutes ago, ButtFumble said:

how does a thread about the steelers OC sucking dicks turn into a debate about the use of sucking dicks?

maybe there needs to be compromise and it can be changed to licks hairy assholes

Rim-jobs aren't bad either. Kinda feel bad for the licker, though.

• Haha 1