Which Quarterfinal Site Is Horns’ Destination?

Bama Llama

Along about now some of us semi-demented old folks get to assuming and wondering, viz.: Assuming Texas wins out in the regular season and the SECCG, where will their quarterfinal game be played? I can’t seem to find that answer after a lazy, quick search on what my dear departed father-in-law referred to as “the Interstate.”

quarterfinal bowls are assigned 'in consideration of historic relationship and seeding'.

if texas wins out, it should take #1, which will face #8/9.  cotton bowl is reserved for semifinals, so wont be there.  i would assume most of playoff would be stuffed with SEC teams, so this game will land probably the sugar or peach bowl?

Are they still having all the wacky bowls no one watches anymore like the weed eater bowl, Mayo bowl, and Independence bowl?

I wish that Cotton Bowl was at the Cotton Bowl instead of Jerry's house of doom. Would not want to be the home team in any playoff game played there. 

Edited by Hermanator
  • Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, Hermanator said:

Are they still having all the wacky bowls no one watches anymore like the weed eater bowl, Mayo bowl, and Independence bowl?

I wish that Cotton Bowl was at the Cotton Bowl instead of Jerry's house of doom. Would not want to be the home team in any playoff game played there. 

Yeah, there's still all of that crucial holiday family-avoidance material, don't worry.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, 52-80 said:

quarterfinal bowls are assigned 'in consideration of historic relationship and seeding'.

if texas wins out, it should take #1, which will face #8/9.  cotton bowl is reserved for semifinals, so wont be there.  i would assume most of playoff would be stuffed with SEC teams, so this game will land probably the sugar or peach bowl?

If we get to pick, we should go for Sugar for fan consideration. Also partial to Fiesta being the first QF, so we don’t have all the game scores from the 3 other games prior to the Sugar Bowl to worry about. Just handle our own business first and then sit back and watch 

17 minutes ago, Hermanator said:

Fuck yes and I will watch everyone of them.

• Hook 'Em 1

56 minutes ago, Hermanator said:

The Weed Eater Bowl was the Independence Bowl--the Poulan/Weed Eater Independence Bowl

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Drool 1

Assuming the SEC champion is ranked No. 1, the CFP has already said it's going to the Sugar Bowl this year.  In fact, the only way the SEC champ doesn't go to the Sugar Bowl is if the Big 12 champ is ranked ahead of it. 

About the 12-Team CFP Format

• The selection committee will assign the four highest-ranked conference champions to Playoff Quarterfinals hosted by bowls. This will be done in consideration of historic bowl relationships, then in consideration of rankings. For example, if the Sugar Bowl hosts a Playoff Quarterfinal and the SEC champion is ranked No. 1 and the Big 12 champion is ranked No. 3, the SEC champion would be assigned to the Sugar Bowl and the Big 12 champion would be assigned elsewhere.

• Hook 'Em 4

30 minutes ago, Bama Llama said:

Weather in Dallas can be freezy and wet in December, so there’s that.

12 minutes ago, Hermanator said:

Good, this is football not baseball. Football in December should be played in uncomfortable conditions by large psychos in short sleeves. 

Tom Cruise What GIF

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Uber there and back if you aren't staying in some shithole will likely run you more than $55. 

It didn’t for me. And the last I saw, sportsbars run shuttles. And if an Uber costs more than $55, why bitch about $55 to park in the first place?

47 minutes ago, field said:

Assuming the SEC champion is ranked No. 1, the CFP has already said it's going to the Sugar Bowl this year.  In fact, the only way the SEC champ doesn't go to the Sugar Bowl is if the Big 12 champ is ranked ahead of it. 

About the 12-Team CFP Format

So hopefully that would feed to the Cotton Bowl for semis (for maximum rest and maximum fanbase)

39 minutes ago, 52-80 said:

projection with current seeding

makes sense given the teams locations

ap-top-25-playoff-bracket.jpeg

The bean counters at ABC (or whatever network streaming megatron entity has this thing) are jizzing all over themselves at the notion of Arch leading the Horns against his namesake’s alma mater, in New Orleans no less.