Friday night matchup: Illinois vs Nebraska 7PM on FOX

msucolt45

Just now, boilerhorn said:

Charlie got 2 more years after the Texas Bowl debacle.  It still took a while..

Yes but it was a no-doubter rather than a painful decision to part ways after 3 years. 

get-the-fuck-out-entourage.gif

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Hank_Hill said:

Wish we’d seen prime Neyor here. Can’t complain about our WR situation though

His height is definitely something we don't really have and could use (though Wingo is close). But, given the way he allegedly pouted about his injury last year like it was the coaching staff's fault and the state of the WR room now, I'm OK with him leaving

3 minutes ago, 'stache said:

My favorite Charlie Strong memory was that big ass finger after ou win. And don’t @ me about 2015 I’m high af that ref was an asshole.

My favorite Charlie memory is when a non-zero portion of our fan base was still against firing him (despite three years of pitiful, sub .500 football at… TEXAS). Because Charlie was “such a good guy”. 

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, ATXhorn17 said:

My favorite Charlie memory is when a non-zero portion of our fan base was still against firing him (despite three years of pitiful, sub .500 football at… TEXAS). Because Charlie was “such a good guy”. 

Nah- the kickoff to start both halves against UCLA was peak CS.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 minute ago, ATXhorn17 said:

I wonder where he is now… Did he have a “Winning is Hard” jersey under Tom? An “All Gas No Brakes” jersey now?

I assume he headbutted everyone and kept a dictionary open to the definition of insanity during Herman-era tailgates.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Fuck. I just remembered that Lobo died.

Life comes at you fast. 

What! Lobo died!! Nooo! Too many people I know in their late 40s and early 50s are dropping dead lately. Met Lobo in person and bought tickets from him. Good guy. May he RIP.

Edited by Macklemore