BLOW THAT FUCKING HORN - COMMODORES TAKE DOWN #1 ALABAMA AT HOME ×

American Sports Story- Aaron Hernandez, FX

Derka

i started this on hulu last night assuming i would hate it like i hate most everything i watch, especially shows and movies depicting real professional athletes. i gotta say, it was better than i thought it would be. i didn’t know that only two episodes were out when i started it, but i watched both. i think i’ll be sticking with this show of it keeps going like this.

• Like 1

I work with several hundred people at work. There is a grand total of one person in the lot of them that I stay as far away from as possible. That one person mentioned to another co-worker that he is watching this show. That alone is enough for me to never watch this. I am sure it has some watchable moments in it and might well turn out to be okay, but I’ll skip it. 

Hernandez was a dirtbag who murdered another human being. We all know that though. Do not really care to see about any part of his life leading up to that moment or what happened after. He personified FAFO and he is one of the few human beings I feel that got exactly what he deserved for what he did.

5 hours ago, UpperWestside said:

I work with several hundred people at work. There is a grand total of one person in the lot of them that I stay as far away from as possible. That one person mentioned to another co-worker that he is watching this show. That alone is enough for me to never watch this. I am sure it has some watchable moments in it and might well turn out to be okay, but I’ll skip it. 

Hernandez was a dirtbag who murdered another human being. We all know that though. Do not really care to see about any part of his life leading up to that moment or what happened after. He personified FAFO and he is one of the few human beings I feel that got exactly what he deserved for what he did.

I'm sorry, but your logic is terrible. Some dude i don't like at work is watching it and seems to enjoy it, so I'll never watch it. I'll bet that guy also enjoys getting a blow job. You gonna quit getting those, too?

Sorry ahead of time if you're married and that already applies to you.

• Hook 'Em 5

1 hour ago, Pam Cummings said:

I'm sorry, but your logic is terrible. Some dude i don't like at work is watching it and seems to enjoy it, so I'll never watch it. I'll bet that guy also enjoys getting a blow job. You gonna quit getting those, too?

A low rent/imbecile at work likes it. I have learned in my interactions with this person that things they like have been overwhelmingly things I do not. Yes that’s enough for me not to watch it. Again I also stated I do not want to watch a show about a garbage human being that murdered someone in cold blood. This is something that should never have been made. When that coward died that should’ve been the last time his name was ever mentioned. He was a trash human being that got what he deserved.

28 minutes ago, UpperWestside said:

A low rent/imbecile at work likes it. I have learned in my interactions with this person that things they like have been overwhelmingly things I do not. Yes that’s enough for me not to watch it. Again I also stated I do not want to watch a show about a garbage human being that murdered someone in cold blood. This is something that should never have been made. When that coward died that should’ve been the last time his name was ever mentioned. He was a trash human being that got what he deserved.

Your taste is your taste so I get it. But lol, you just described humanity/world’s fascination with the true crime genre. 

Edited by YChang

46 minutes ago, YChang said:

Your taste is your taste so I get it. But lol, you just described humanity/world’s fascination with the true crime genre. 

Yes that fascination is something I will never get. I get to read books for class about the Holocaust. They are not fun to read, but at least serve a necessary purpose. 

• Hook 'Em 1

14 hours ago, UpperWestside said:

he is one of the few human beings I feel that got exactly what he deserved for what he did.

if you read up on his story it truly seems that he was a monster that was created largely by forces out of his control. his drug usage and choice of friends are both on him, but those two things aren’t u common among young football stars, and do not come close to making you the type of monster that he became.

by all accounts he was a good kid who was friends with everyone and bullied nobody. was a star in HS but was friendly and self deprecating. he was a hard worker and a kid you’d be proud of. but a combination of having terrible parents and enduring unbelievable levels of repeated brain seems to be mostly to blame for he became such an extreme case. it’s really sad from every angle.  

what’s not to get about people really liking true crime shows and docs? if you can wrap your head around people liking the wire then surely you can wrap your head around people liking the true crime genre.

6 hours ago, Derka said:

if you read up on his story it truly seems that he was a monster that was created largely by forces out of his control. his drug usage and choice of friends are both on him, but those two things aren’t u common among young football stars, and do not come close to making you the type of monster that he became.

by all accounts he was a good kid who was friends with everyone and bullied nobody. was a star in HS but was friendly and self deprecating. he was a hard worker and a kid you’d be proud of. but a combination of having terrible parents and enduring unbelievable levels of repeated brain seems to be mostly to blame for he became such an extreme case. it’s really sad from every angle.  

All that and being an incredibly self-hating bisexual man.

1 minute ago, aggie08 said:

All that and being an incredibly self-hating bisexual man.

that’s true, and i had forgotten about that early on in episode one when he’s in his truck with his teammate and it goes from 0 - handjob very very fast. having a dad like his, and being a top flight football star who liked sex with men definitely made his life a lot harder, er, more difficult.