Tennessee @ Oklahoma

Constant

Venables benching Jackson Arnold at the end of the first half is pretty fascinating. 

Yeah, JA really sucks right now. I hope he sucks forever. But you tell Gabriel to take a hike to hand the job to Arnold, then bench him before your team even loses a game this year? The overall lack of confidence in him this quickly is pretty stunning. Either they fucking hate Arnold or Venables just panicked. 

Hawkins showed moxie, but Tennessee basically shut it down before he got them a couple of scores late. 

What a weird and terrible situation. I love it. 

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

Venables benching Jackson Arnold at the end of the first half is pretty fascinating. 

Yeah, JA really sucks right now. I hope he sucks forever. But you tell Gabriel to take a hike to hand the job to Arnold, then bench him before your team even loses a game this year? The overall lack of confidence in him this quickly is pretty stunning. Either they fucking hate Arnold or Venables just panicked. 

Hawkins showed moxie, but Tennessee basically shut it down before he got them a couple of scores late. 

Did you see Arnold walking in with the hat and sunglasses?  Cocky fuck

Well to be fair Arnold was absurdly overrated as a recruit and is just plain not a real 5 star. He got that rating because OU wanted him. He's always been a mid P5 QB at best. So the stupid part was letting Gabriel go. Figuring out Arnold isn't the answer is actually one of the first smart things Venables has done offensively. 

• Hook 'Em 2

5 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

I mean what else was he supposed to do? They had less than 100 yards of offense and they’ve sucked on offense all year, particularly at QB.

1 minute ago, Huckleberry said:

Well to be fair Arnold was absurdly overrated as a recruit and is just plain not a real 5 star. He got that rating because OU wanted him. He's always been a mid P5 QB at best. So the stupid part was letting Gabriel go. Figuring out Arnold isn't the answer is actually one of the first smart things Venables has done offensively. 

I watched Arnold play a few games in high school and he was good, but nowhere near a five star. I was stunned when he got that rating . 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Dbeasy said:

I watched Arnold play a few games in high school and he was good, but nowhere near a five star. I was stunned when he got that rating . 

100%. I didn't understand it at all, and it's not like I'm some QB guru. But he seemed obviously overrated.

Edited by MuellerHorn

7 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

I mean what else was he supposed to do? They had less than 100 yards of offense and they’ve sucked on offense all year, particularly at QB.

This was always gonna be a down year for OU, especially due to their schedule. You ship off Gabriel, hand the offense to Littrell and JA, then bench him when you go down 2 scores for the 1st time? 

It just seems like amateur hour with Venables. Very happy they extended him in the offseason. 

• Hook 'Em 4

Big win for Josh. Took a freshman on the road with a boring ass strategy and won a defensive battle. I love my coach. 

I actually think Tennessee went “pedestrian” offensively, as I think by the first half, they knew what they were dealing with. Why show more? Very similar to our game vs Michigan and both examples were on the road and in a hyped up (media wise) game.

Hook’em!!!

6 minutes ago, Best served cold said:

Looking at the Tennessee roster and they have a Chris Brazzell II who plays WR. Does anyone know if he is related to the Chris Brazzell who played for Alice in the early 90's? That guy was amazing in high school. 

He is his son.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

This was always gonna be a down year for OU, especially due to their schedule. You ship off Gabriel, hand the offense to Littrell and JA, then bench him when you go down 2 scores for the 1st time? 

It just seems like amateur hour with Venables. Very happy they extended him in the offseason. 

Bad coach, bad qb. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, 6th Street said:

Hawkins played well. Tenn clearly didn't prep for his running ability. 

Lol. Not really. 11/18 for 132 and a touch and 12 for 22 on the ground. TENN ate his lunch too.

2 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

Bad coach, bad qb. 

Bad city. Bad state. Bad uniforms. Bad fight song. Bad morals. 

• Hook 'Em 5

Arnold can still be a good QB.  He has the physical tools.  It's hard to be successful as a young QB with a shitty offensive line and crappy running game.  Hawkins is the best option in this situation because he can make more plays with his feet.  Fast forward 2 years and it might be flipped, because I'm not sure Hawkins can throw deep.  Assuming OU can improve up front.

2 minutes ago, ClubWhatever said:

Arnold can still be a good QB.  He has the physical tools.  It's hard to be successful as a young QB with a shitty offensive line and crappy running game.  Hawkins is the best option in this situation because he can make more plays with his feet.  Fast forward 2 years and it might be flipped, because I'm not sure Hawkins can throw deep.  Assuming OU can improve up front.

Naw Arnold sucks. He threw what, 5 picks against Arizona, and then has looked like dogshit this whole year so far. Reminds me of Gilbert. Only takes one really shitty QB to send a program back into the wilderness and Arnold may have just done it. 

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, The_Great_Hornsby said:

Naw Arnold sucks. He threw what, 5 picks against Arizona, and then has looked like dogshit this whole year so far. Reminds me of Gilbert. Only takes one really shitty QB to send a program back into the wilderness and Arnold may have just done it. 

I agree. That take sounds like someone that didn't watch the game. Tenn was stone cold on D but Arnold was also committing bonehead unforced errors all over the place. 

He won’t finish his career at OU.
  • Hook 'Em 1

In a normal year I'd feel Hawkins can give us some trouble. 

But this year it would be shocking. The kid plays hard but our defense has just been crushing all 4 teams we played. We aren't giving up points to crap teams like we always have before. I just don't see how this offense no matter who the QB is can consistently make plays against us in the Cotton Bowl

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

I'm glad that OU's offensive staff appears to be incompetent because if they had played that Hawkins guy earlier in the game, they very well could have won. I'm still not sure after watching that game if either Tennessee is highly overrated or OU is much better than they were thought to be. The next few games will answer that question. 

2 minutes ago, horn009 said:

I'm glad that OU's offensive staff appears to be incompetent because if they had played that Hawkins guy earlier in the game, they very well could have won. I'm still not sure after watching that game if either Tennessee is highly overrated or OU is much better than they were thought to be. The next few games will answer that question. 

Heupel let his foot off the gas, could have been a lot uglier 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, horn009 said:

Seems as if Mobilehoma was hiding Hawkins so as to spring him on US for the Red River Shootout. 

The rockytoppers blew that up. Lulz.

2 minutes ago, horn009 said:

I'm glad that OU's offensive staff appears to be incompetent because if they had played that Hawkins guy earlier in the game, they very well could have won.

Steve Brule GIF by MOODMAN

If Hawkins starts then Tenn figures out his shit a lot earlier. Coming in off the bench mid-game as a QB with a different style gives you a major advantage in the short term and forces the D to adapt. 

• Like 1

I really think Tennessee reeled it in offensively, similar to what we did to Michigan. The game plan that was set was over by halftime.

Josh H didn’t want to embarrass his Alma mater, just as Sark didn’t want to embarrass the new Michigan HC, at home, on a national stage.

Hook’em!!!

11 minutes ago, JohnnyTapia said:

OU was getting decent pressure on the Tennessee QB in the 1st half, which caused him to look rushed and inconsistent and even lose a fumble. I think that caused them to play it safe in the 2nd half, especially after Arnold's turnovers gave them a decent lead to work with. 

10 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Steve Brule GIF by MOODMAN

If Hawkins starts then Tenn figures out his shit a lot earlier. Coming in off the bench mid-game as a QB with a different style gives you a major advantage in the short term and forces the D to adapt. 

Dual-threat QBs like Hawkins are much harder to defend because they tend to keep defenses honest. They were very one dimensional with Arnold in the game. 

Edited by horn009

3 minutes ago, horn009 said:

The Tennessee QB was getting pressured in the 1st half, which caused him to look rushed and inconsistent and even lose a fumble. I think that caused them to play it safe, especially after OU's turnovers gave them a decent lead to work with. 

Dual-threat QBs like Hawkins are much harder to defend because they tend to keep defenses honest. They were very one dimensional with Arnold in the game. 

There was not a roster adjustment that was saving OU tonight. Implying otherwise tells me that you either didn't watch the game or you have a poor understanding of the game or both. 

• Hook 'Em 1

19 minutes ago, JohnnyTapia said:

false.

13 minutes ago, msucolt45 said:

I really think Tennessee reeled it in offensively, similar to what we did to Michigan. The game plan that was set was over by halftime.

Josh H didn’t want to embarrass his Alma mater, just as Sark didn’t want to embarrass the new Michigan HC, at home, on a national stage.

Hook’em!!!

false.

2 minutes ago, ousux said:
55 minutes ago, Horn Dogg said:
Show me a picture of 7 dumbfucks
image.thumb.png.3f7af12df621a43576d22084dfe5dcd8.png

Anyone want to guess the collective IQ among these gentlemen?

There is a slight possibility one or two of the vol fans can read and may know their gazintas.  

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, ousux said:
58 minutes ago, Horn Dogg said:
Show me a picture of 7 dumbfucks
image.thumb.png.3f7af12df621a43576d22084dfe5dcd8.png

Anyone want to guess the collective IQ among these gentlemen?

Well the two black guys - I mean, OU fans - probably drag it down a bit. 

9 minutes ago, ousux said:
12 minutes ago, ztejas said:
Well the two black guys - I mean, OU fans - probably drag it down a bit. 

Not cool, you just went full aggy

Just testing y'all's humor and workshopping a joke. 

I'd much rather hang out with those OU guys than the Tenn dipshits pictured.

I think the line would be: "well the two black guys I think drag it down... just look at what team they're cheering for"

Edited by ztejas