Tennessee @ Oklahoma

Constant

1 minute ago, msucolt45 said:

Anyone thinking OU sucks didn’t look like hot garbage is delusional. They had ZERO offense for three quarters of the game.

Hook’em!!!

Didn’t watch much because I was focused on the Texas game but what I did see indicated both OU and Tenn are overrated. Tennessee’s win over NC State looking less impressive after what Clemson did to them too.

1 hour ago, horn009 said:

I'm glad that OU's offensive staff appears to be incompetent because if they had played that Hawkins guy earlier in the game, they very well could have won. I'm still not sure after watching that game if either Tennessee is highly overrated or OU is much better than they were thought to be. The next few games will answer that question. 

OU has a good defense and bad offense. It wouldnt have mattered when Hawkins played. Result wouldve been the same. 

• Hook 'Em 1

35 minutes ago, The_Great_Hornsby said:

OU has a good defense and bad offense. It wouldnt have mattered when Hawkins played. Result wouldve been the same. 

he clearly played much better than Arnold and actually put a couple touchdowns on the board.  your comment is ignorant.

6 hours ago, C-Man said:

They ran him off for Arnold, who is about to be second string. Woof.

Wow I just assumed he went to Oregon because they had a better chance to make the playoffs. Venables is an idiot

4 hours ago, Sal said:

When we solve OU’s defense, their offense won’t be able to keep up

Stoops/Venables defense has always been vulnerable to an offense that can go over the top. We should be fine if we do that

• Hook 'Em 2

4 hours ago, ztejas said:

I don't think y'all are getting what I was going for. 

I mean I'll explain the god damn joke if I have to. 

No, no, IT'S RACIST!  Everything's racist.

Haven't you gotten the memo?

Back on topic - Man, that is one seriously pedestrian Sooner team.  They'll play the shit out of us, but that program is going nowhere this year.

ousucks still hasn’t played a road game yet and can’t move the ball at home. So yea Gerald McCoy is right they are in trouble. That defense will get worse as they year moves on too having to be on the field the majority of games. I still want them around 7-5 so they make a bowl and keep thinking they’re only a few new players or coaches away from being good and keep dumbass around a few more years.

• Hook 'Em 1

6 hours ago, JohnnyTapia said:

Heupel let his foot off the gas, could have been a lot uglier 

6 hours ago, msucolt45 said:

I really think Tennessee reeled it in offensively, similar to what we did to Michigan. The game plan that was set was over by halftime.

Josh H didn’t want to embarrass his Alma mater, just as Sark didn’t want to embarrass the new Michigan HC, at home, on a national stage.

Hook’em!!!

Tennessee was down one starting OT going into the game and lost the other one in the second quarter. Nico is a redshirt freshman in his first start in a true road game. The only thing OU does really well is force turnovers. The field conditions were atrocious. Once Tennessee got up 22-3, with the way their defense had been smothering OU, it was the smart play to let the defense carry them home and avoid playing more wide open on offense where it would risk turnovers. I think Heupel was just playing the percentages and wanted to secure the W rather than go for style points, revenge, etc. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Cajun said:

No, no, IT'S RACIST!  Everything's racist.

Haven't you gotten the memo?

Back on topic - Man, that is one seriously pedestrian Sooner team.  They'll play the shit out of us, but that program is going nowhere this year.

Some one is triggered. Of course it’s not the racism that is bad it’s the pointing it out that’s problem. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

The fact that there are three apparent OU fans makes focusing on the two with darker skin seem wrong. It was always going to be a bad idea, regardless. There is a principle called avoiding the appearance of impropriety which is almost always applicable when racism is at issue.

• Hook 'Em 3

38 minutes ago, GTJ1982 said:

Some one is triggered. Of course it’s not the racism that is bad it’s the pointing it out that’s problem. 

No, it's the whoosh that's the problem.  Thanks for confirming that.

Heupel bled OU for most of the game.   When it was apparent OU couldn’t move the ball he went conservative.   On down and distance plays where they needed to pass more often than not it was effective.    Then right back to running the ball.   Seeing Stoops in the box and the look on his face for his “heir apparent “ shitting the bed was the best part

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

Then right back to running the ball.   Seeing Stoops in the box and the look on his face for his “heir apparent “ shitting the bed was the best part

Is this it?

image.gif.96cd637f7ec92851744ffe9bda603c13.gif

All credit to original poster. Whoever you are. 

Edited by DoobieWah

So, what's the actual story on Gabriel?  He was pretty damn good.  Did they really anoint Arnold?  Tell Gabriel to get lost?  Did he lose out on a QB competition?  Or were things just sufficiently unclear that Gabriel decided to GTFO?

5 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

So, what's the actual story on Gabriel?  He was pretty damn good.  Did they really anoint Arnold?  Tell Gabriel to get lost?  Did he lose out on a QB competition?  Or were things just sufficiently unclear that Gabriel decided to GTFO?

Arnold threatened to transfer if Gabriel stayed for another year, so OU told Gabriel to explore his options. Simple as that. 

• Hook 'Em 3

2 hours ago, HenryJames said:

I want them to lose every game they play.

The only time to root for Oklahoma is if them beating the team is beneficial to Texas and even then it feels dirty.

I think Tenner has at least 2 losses on their schedule still so there wasn't much benefit in a Sooner win last night so fuck 'em and feed them fish heads.

2 hours ago, Duane Moore said:

Tennessee was down one starting OT going into the game and lost the other one in the second quarter. Nico is a redshirt freshman in his first start in a true road game. The only thing OU does really well is force turnovers. The field conditions were atrocious. Once Tennessee got up 22-3, with the way their defense had been smothering OU, it was the smart play to let the defense carry them home and avoid playing more wide open on offense where it would risk turnovers. I think Heupel was just playing the percentages and wanted to secure the W rather than go for style points, revenge, etc. 

coach was really matured the last 4 years. There was a time he would have tried to score 70 but what you said is exactly how it went. We played boring ass football and it probably gave Jeremy Pruitt a hard on. 

• Hook 'Em 2

3 hours ago, HenryJames said:

Heupel made it look a lot closer that it was or should have been. Tennessee only threw 21 passes. They just handed the ball off 50 times and practically stopped calling plays after halftime.

OU had 4 sacks with 2 Nico fumbles on 24 Tennessee dropbacks. Nico hit a Sooner DB in the hands and had at least 3-4 other off target throws.

The only way OU would've won is if the Sooner D scored or gave the Sooner offense very short fields.

Heuple was smart to kill clock and let their Vols defensive line destroy the OU offense.

5 minutes ago, quigley said:

My understanding is that OU thought Arnold would bolt if Gabriel stayed. So they chose the upside of Arnold over Gabriel. Plus OU wasn't going to give Gabriel 1m.

Yep, fans were also openly calling for Arnold to start and Gabriel to go elsewhere. Everyone it seemed was ready to move on.

4 hours ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

ousucks still hasn’t played a road game yet and can’t move the ball at home. So yea Gerald McCoy is right they are in trouble. That defense will get worse as they year moves on too having to be on the field the majority of games. I still want them around 7-5 so they make a bowl and keep thinking they’re only a few new players or coaches away from being good and keep dumbass around a few more years.

You're right about the cumulative toll of the number of plays for OU's defense wearing them down as the season progresses.

Hawkins has to be the QB moving forward. If he plays like he did in the 4th quarter (and survives--took 2 huge hits last night), OU has a shot vs Auburn, SCar, LSU to get to 7 wins.

Edited by quigley

9 hours ago, futureman said:

he clearly played much better than Arnold and actually put a couple touchdowns on the board.  your comment is ignorant.

I mean it wasn’t really a high bar to clear. Vols were up 22 when he came into the game and basically went into prevent. If Tenn didn’t  commit an idiotic personal foul on fourth down with 2 mins to go Hawkins puts up 6 points in 4 drives. He may end up being great but anointing him after garbage time drives is laughable. Let’s see what he does in real meaningful game time. 

Edited by ITHorn

OU program and fans fell victim to the backup complex.  They went 10-2 in the regular season with DG with a bit of a surprise win over Texas, losses to KU and OSU and some close shaves with the likes of BYU and UCF.  So they thought they could do better.  They were wrong.  

• Hook 'Em 1