Texas vs. ULM - 7pm on SEC Network +

Pancho

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No it wasn't. That's a coach trying to help his team gain some confidence by doing something big against the #1 team in the country. I had no problem with that. Did you just want him to kneel the ball like a pussy? A good coach doesn't do that. 

I get what you’re saying, but we went out of our way to not make this a 70 point beating. With a minute to go, just hand the ball off and end the game.

51 minutes ago, Hank_Hill said:

We went out of our way to protect our starters. 

Seems like both. We ran basically the same play for the fourth quarter with players who I’ve never heard of and still scored another TD.

• Hook 'Em 2

7 hours ago, TreatyOak said:

Are there people who not know that the game was broadcast for free on a YouTube?

I drove from Houston so missed the first half. Tried to watch third quarter but between Galindo and the game itself, it was unwatchable. Instead, we watched the best scenes from A Few Good Men, The Wolf Of Wall Street, and The Imitation Game. I’m guessing there are also lots of folks who don’t know that Demi Moore shot a Penthouse spread before she was famous. 

We watched it on YT.

• Hook 'Em 1

10 hours ago, TXpride said:

Why did we put Owens in the game and not even have him attempt a pass? Might as well keep him on the bench and keep his redshirt safe.

It doesn’t count if he doesn’t throw a pass…

seriously though, they can play in 4 games and not affect their redshirt season.

This is fun. I loved how Sark went to timing pass plays for Arch in the 3rd quarter. That seemed to help tremendously, even though he had days to throw, he was holding the ball too long and getting hit too often. 

Suffice it to say, Sark's a freaking wizard.

• Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, jw4381 said:

This is fun. I loved how Sark went to timing pass plays for Arch in the 3rd quarter. That seemed to help tremendously, even though he had days to throw, he was holding the ball too long and getting hit too often. 

Suffice it to say, Sark's a freaking wizard.

Arch needed to get some reps and Blue needed to work on his rx skills, if you look at it like a full speed scrimmage.  As a fan it was sometimes frustrating to watch, but pretty sure Sark was sticking to a checklist of things he wanted to see, from everyone.  The staff didn't stop coaching the entire game, just look at Choice getting in Niblett's ear after his touchdown.

Sark has created a monster.  It's beautiful.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Drool 1

1 hour ago, lilMAC25 said:

It doesn’t count if he doesn’t throw a pass…

seriously though, they can play in 4 games and not affect their redshirt season.

I'm aware. But (knock on wood) we could actually need him at some point (unlikely, but possible given Quinn's injury history). If we wanted to get him some live reps, at least throw it a couple times. Nitpicking, but there was no benefit in burning another game.

• Hook 'Em 1