Texas vs. ULM - 7pm on SEC Network +

Pancho

No it wasn't. That's a coach trying to help his team gain some confidence by doing something big against the #1 team in the country. I had no problem with that. Did you just want him to kneel the ball like a pussy? A good coach doesn't do that. 

I get what you’re saying, but we went out of our way to not make this a 70 point beating. With a minute to go, just hand the ball off and end the game.
  • Hook 'Em 4

7 hours ago, TreatyOak said:

Are there people who not know that the game was broadcast for free on a YouTube?

I drove from Houston so missed the first half. Tried to watch third quarter but between Galindo and the game itself, it was unwatchable. Instead, we watched the best scenes from A Few Good Men, The Wolf Of Wall Street, and The Imitation Game. I’m guessing there are also lots of folks who don’t know that Demi Moore shot a Penthouse spread before she was famous. 

We watched it on YT.

• Hook 'Em 1

10 hours ago, TXpride said:

Why did we put Owens in the game and not even have him attempt a pass? Might as well keep him on the bench and keep his redshirt safe.

It doesn’t count if he doesn’t throw a pass…

seriously though, they can play in 4 games and not affect their redshirt season.

• Hook 'Em 1

This is fun. I loved how Sark went to timing pass plays for Arch in the 3rd quarter. That seemed to help tremendously, even though he had days to throw, he was holding the ball too long and getting hit too often. 

Suffice it to say, Sark's a freaking wizard.

• Hook 'Em 2

10 minutes ago, jw4381 said:

This is fun. I loved how Sark went to timing pass plays for Arch in the 3rd quarter. That seemed to help tremendously, even though he had days to throw, he was holding the ball too long and getting hit too often. 

Suffice it to say, Sark's a freaking wizard.

Arch needed to get some reps and Blue needed to work on his rx skills, if you look at it like a full speed scrimmage.  As a fan it was sometimes frustrating to watch, but pretty sure Sark was sticking to a checklist of things he wanted to see, from everyone.  The staff didn't stop coaching the entire game, just look at Choice getting in Niblett's ear after his touchdown.

Sark has created a monster.  It's beautiful.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Drool 1

1 hour ago, lilMAC25 said:

It doesn’t count if he doesn’t throw a pass…

seriously though, they can play in 4 games and not affect their redshirt season.

I'm aware. But (knock on wood) we could actually need him at some point (unlikely, but possible given Quinn's injury history). If we wanted to get him some live reps, at least throw it a couple times. Nitpicking, but there was no benefit in burning another game.

• Hook 'Em 2

4 minutes ago, Grimas said:

Where has the DE from UTSA been in these games? I don’t think I’ve heard his name called once…

Had 1 tackle.  Looks like Lefau, Taaffe and Gbenda did most of the heavy lifting.

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, Grimas said:

Where has the DE from UTSA been in these games? I don’t think I’ve heard his name called once…

He got called for the block in the back on Hill’s interception return.

He doesn’t have the stats but I still think he is doing some good things. Probably still fair to have expected a bit more at this point.

• Hook 'Em 2

I owe everyone here an apology. When I posted this prophetic, fake Tweet two years ago, I was trying to be funny. But sometimes, trying to be funny backfires and people get hurt in real life. I feel I somehow cursed us all. I'm very, very sorry.

Lowell-ESPN.jpg 

• Haha 2

20 minutes ago, TreatyOak said:

I owe everyone here an apology. When I posted this prophetic, fake Tweet two years ago, I was trying to be funny. But sometimes, trying to be funny backfires and people get hurt in real life. I feel I somehow cursed us all. I'm very, very sorry.

Lowell-ESPN.jpg 

• Hook 'Em 1

I'm sure it's already been hammered out in the thread, but ain't nobody got time to go through 36 pages to find it. On the long pass completion that was (wrongly, imho) overturned, did anyone watching from home see a replay that justified overturning it? All the angles we saw in the stadium looked like a good catch. Incredible catch. Certainly nothing 'conclusive' to warrrant overturning it. And whose refs were these?

Edited by wood

1 minute ago, wood said:

I'm sure it's already been hammered out in the thread,but ain;t nobody got time to go through 36 pages to find it. On the long pass completion that was (wrongly, imho) overturned, did anyone watching from home see a replay that justified overturning it? All the angles we saw in the stadium looked like a good catch. Incredible catch. Certainly nothing 'inconclusive' to warrrant overturning it. And whose refs were these?

The call on the field should have stood, whichever call had been made. I tend to think his hands weren’t far enough under the ball, but that’s more of an impression than anything I actually saw. 

• Hook 'Em 2

7 minutes ago, Doc Daneeka said:

The call on the field should have stood, whichever call had been made. I tend to think his hands weren’t far enough under the ball, but that’s more of an impression than anything I actually saw. 

That was pretty much what I thought, too. Maybe borderline, but certainly nothing conclusive at all.

1 hour ago, Grimas said:

Moore is there, he just blends in with the other 4 or 5 really good to above average edge players. This team seems like that across the board - there's not much of a gap between the best guy at each position and the rest of the guys.

21 minutes ago, Radical Larry said:

Was at the game. The D (and the crowd) kinda went through the motions for most of the 2nd half. But this series was fun to watch. The crowd decided to get into it. The D basically flipped a switch and said to themselves, we are getting a motherfucking safety. And they did. Quite impressive that this is how fucking good this team is.

Arch looks like Quinn did in his first start. Flashes of greatness coupled with not feeling comfortable enough to trust his reads and throws. For a stretch in the 2nd half, I think Sark called some plays which required Arch to make some reads and get the ball out quickly. Receivers were open that if it were Quinn, he makes the throw. Arch held the ball and didn't make the throw. After a few of those series, Sark went back to quick throws to the flat and RPOs which Arch easily made. Teachable and coaching moments. It's beautiful to watch knowing that the mistakes will be addressed in film. I fucking love our coaching staff. This is how you build a fucking dynasty.

• Hook 'Em 6

12 hours ago, TreatyOak said:

Guys. It was broadcast for free on YouTube. They showcase lots of games now for free, but I couldn’t watch Galindo. AND HAHA, now that Demi Moore is old, she says she finds trying to attract the ‘male gaze’ demeaning. She certainly had no problem with it when she posed for Penthouse when she was smoking hot. 

Some folks grow up.  Too bad Demi did.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, crash_davis said:

Was at the game. The D (and the crowd) kinda went through the motions for most of the 2nd half. But this series was fun to watch. The crowd decided to get into it. The D basically flipped a switch and said to themselves, we are getting a motherfucking safety. And they did. Quite impressive that this is how fucking good this team is.

Arch looks like Quinn did in his first start. Flashes of greatness coupled with not feeling comfortable enough to trust his reads and throws. For a stretch in the 2nd half, I think Sark called some plays which required Arch to make some reads and get the ball out quickly. Receivers were open that if it were Quinn, he makes the throw. Arch held the ball and didn't make the throw. After a few of those series, Sark went back to quick throws to the flat and RPOs which Arch easily made. Teachable and coaching moments. It's beautiful to watch knowing that the mistakes will be addressed in film. I fucking love our coaching staff. This is how you build a fucking dynasty.

The D "went through the motions" in the second half??

ULM had 10 total yards of offense in the second half.

TEN.

• Hook 'Em 7

3 minutes ago, TrashMaster G said:

TEN.

Guessing he meant the 2Q, specifically that long clock killing drive 

Just now, TrashMaster G said:

TEN.

Energy on the field was different. In the 1st half, after plays, the D was much more active talking shit to, interacting with each other. In the 2nd half after plays, there was little interaction. It was like, eh, next play. During that series, there was a ton of interaction between the players. They were amped and wanted the safety. 

Just now, 6th Street said:

Arch needs work in the short and intermediate passing game. Will get better with more reps against Miss State.

Just seemed to me to be a different game plan. Lot more running and throwing shots off play action. I would have lost a lot of money, if someone said Blue would get 25 carries in this game. 

27 minutes ago, crash_davis said:

They got a safety twice. The entire ball did not get out of the end zone on the play before it looked like to me. Certainly should have been reviewed. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Codaxx said:

Just seemed to me to be a different game plan. Lot more running and throwing shots off play action. I would have lost a lot of money, if someone said Blue would get 25 carries in this game. 

In the postgame PC Sark said as much. He then criticized himself for not working in shirt passes to get Arch back in rhythm after he started sputtering a bit. 

One decision I didn’t understand last night was on the punt in the first half where ULM was called for illegal formation but the punt was a terrible one and set us up with great field position. We accepted the penalty and made them rekick and it ended up costing us about 20 yards.

That penalty can be declined right? Not sure if the 5 yards could just be tacked on to the end of the kick but surely we could just take the result of the play, which is what we should have done.

Edited by Hookem2147
  • Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

One decision I didn’t understand last night was on the punt in the first half where ULM was called for illegal formation but the punt was a terrible one and set us up with great field position. We accepted the penalty and made them rekick and it ended up costing us about 20 yards.

That penalty can be declined right? Not sure if the 5 yards could just be tacked on to the end of the kick but surely we could just take the result of the play, which is what we should have done.

Sure. We almost blocked it for a TD and I think they felt like they could get there if given another chance. 

1 hour ago, 6th Street said:

Arch needs work in the short and intermediate passing game. Will get better with more reps against Miss State.

Yeah he has tons of time and still managing to take some hits.

Gotta think him and Sark will work on this, hope to see a little progress next game after they tear into this film