Texas vs. ULM - 7pm on SEC Network +

Pancho

7 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Sure. We almost blocked it for a TD and I think they felt like they could get there if given another chance. 

I guess. We are trying way too hard on the entire punt return operation right now. Bolden seems to be forcing returns trying to make stuff happen.

• Hook 'Em 2

8 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Sure. We almost blocked it for a TD and I think they felt like they could get there if given another chance. 

That’s what I thought we were trying but on the 2nd punt it didn’t look like we had the block on.

13 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

One decision I didn’t understand last night was on the punt in the first half where ULM was called for illegal formation but the punt was a terrible one and set us up with great field position. We accepted the penalty and made them rekick and it ended up costing us about 20 yards.

That penalty can be declined right? Not sure if the 5 yards could just be tacked on to the end of the kick but surely we could just take the result of the play, which is what we should have done.

Yes, you decline the penalty in a tough game. When the game is a glorified scrimmage, you want to work on the return game and see if Bolden can pop one. I’d guess that was the thinking. 

• Hook 'Em 1

25 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

One decision I didn’t understand last night was on the punt in the first half where ULM was called for illegal formation but the punt was a terrible one and set us up with great field position. We accepted the penalty and made them rekick and it ended up costing us about 20 yards.

That penalty can be declined right? Not sure if the 5 yards could just be tacked on to the end of the kick but surely we could just take the result of the play, which is what we should have done.

If I remember right, there was a block in the back on the return of the initial punt (the one where it looked like we got a piece of it, right?). So, instead of us having a chance to decline the penalty, it became two offsetting penalties, hence the re-kick. 

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, campcrunk said:

If I remember right, there was a block in the back on the return of the initial punt (the one where it looked like we got a piece of it, right?). So, instead of us having a chance to decline the penalty, it became two offsetting penalties, hence the re-kick. 

That one was in the second half.

The one I was referencing was the first half when we fair caught the punt at like the 45, made them rekick then Bolden did the crazy return where he ran 40 yards to gain about 10 yards with a block in the back at the end to push us back to the 25.

Edited by Hookem2147

8 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

SIAP, but some talk on 247 is might have been some players scuffling on the sidelines last night late in the game.  Mitchell's name was mentioned.

Allegedly, Mitchell fought a teammate. If true, I’ll drive to Austin to help pack his stuff up. Really disappointing. Texas waits out a possible medical issue with the kid and this is how he might have repaid them. 

Is Gardner hurt? Page had 10 carries Reid Watkins of all people had 4. 

Brady just made a comment on the Cowboys' defense trying to stop the Ravens: "There's no target (for the defense) to hit. They're just doing everything well". 

Perfectly sums up my thoughts after watching this Texas offense so far this year.

• Hook 'Em 1

52 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Allegedly, Mitchell fought a teammate. If true, I’ll drive to Austin to help pack his stuff up. Really disappointing. Texas waits out a possible medical issue with the kid and this is how he might have repaid them.

I'd want to know more about how the fight happened first.

56 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Is Gardner hurt? Page had 10 carries Reid Watkins of all people had 4. 

@someguyany deets?

53 minutes ago, Funk Doctor Spock said:

Just wanted to stop by a reiterate that Lefau is going to fuck people's faces next year with Hill. That dude plays high energy and wants to murder. Love that kid. When he goes beast mode, ain't no stopping the train. 

I don’t know if it’s because he came so far to play at Texas or because he just seemed super pumped about it or some combination, but I am especially glad to see him to get a chance to show his game. 

• Hook 'Em 2