Week 5 2024, Mississippi State @ Texas

Wulaw Horn

Another game with 50 place. Reminds me of the early 2000s.  

52 points minimum as much as I love the deep ball. I don’t think swing pass or 60 yard bomb should be our passing attack. But I also like to fuck with OU since they won’t know what we are bringing 
Even if Arch starts we can beat them without showing anything new...save that for BloU.
  • Hook 'Em 1

22 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

I know it has been over 30 years and I know we got revenge on the man himself in the 1999 Cotton Bowl but I still have a grudge against the MSU Football Program after Jackie Sherrill and the castration incident. I hope Texas wins by 50...thousand.

For the youngs... what was the castration incident?

• Hook 'Em 1

39 minutes ago, Funk Doctor Spock said:

Miss St is in deep, deep trouble. Texas is gonna score 50+ against that "team". 

Jeff Lebby can eat all the dicks he wants and it's not giving him superpowers. I look forward to their humiliation and anguish. Fuck that guy. 

Why "team"? Are they not really a team?

54 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

I know it has been over 30 years and I know we got revenge on the man himself in the 1999 Cotton Bowl but I still have a grudge against the MSU Football Program after Jackie Sherrill and the castration incident. I hope Texas wins by 50...thousand.

Yes, fuck them. Was a lot of fun yelling "poor Jackie" at the end of that one.  

• Hook 'Em 5

40 minutes ago, TrashMaster G said:

Why "team"? Are they not really a team?

They're just bad, bad. It's not a stretch that UTSA might beat them if they played. 

I put team in quotes because I don't think they have culture; they aren't able to stop anybody. They are a team in the sense they wear the same uniforms, but they don't play for each other, imo. 

• Hook 'Em 2

I’ve watched State play 3 games. That defense is rough and slow. Their nose tackle is large man and he must have pissed off the equipment trainers because his helmet was made for baby bear. It doesn’t even cover the bottom… whatever. Shapen was serviceable but he was inconsistent and the O wasn’t exactly lighting up the scoreboard. I think the Texas defense should be able to get good pushes and occasionally home with 4-5 most if the night and I feel like they end up with 3 takeaways. 🤘🏼

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, honolulu horn said:

One of Ricky's best games of all time. Just trucking piles of defenders en masse. 

Remember seeing the MSU defensive players on the sidelines with bags of ice on their necks from trying to tackle Ricky? lol, that shit was so sweet to see. 

Run, Ricky, Run 🤘🏼

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Droopy said:

I’ve watched State play 3 games. That defense is rough and slow. Their nose tackle is large man and he must have pissed off the equipment trainers because his helmet was made for baby bear. It doesn’t even cover the bottom… whatever. Shapen was serviceable but he was inconsistent and the O wasn’t exactly lighting up the scoreboard. I think the Texas defense should be able to get good pushes and occasionally home with 4-5 most if the night and I feel like they end up with 3 takeaways. 🤘🏼

I love that our D hasn't missed a beat so far. I worried early in the season how they would work together, and Mukuba is a gift from God. He and Barron have just made our secondary playing incredible. I believe someone said we have 7 INTS, which leads the SEC. 

• Hook 'Em 4

4 minutes ago, Funk Doctor Spock said:

They're just bad, bad. It's not a stretch that UTSA might beat them if they played. 

I put team in quotes because I don't think they have culture; they aren't able to stop anybody. They are a team in the sense they wear the same uniforms, but they don't play for each other, imo. 

“Might” is a stretch. I’d put the odds at 50/50 w UTSA. I’m a little high but that sounds like a good game to simulate. 

Whatever that team is or isn’t will be glaring evident by halftime. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Droopy said:

“Might” is a stretch. I’d put the odds at 50/50 w UTSA. I’m a little high but that sounds like a good game to simulate. 

Whatever that team is or isn’t will be glaring evident by halftime. 

It was a bit of hyperbole, but they're so bad it wouldn't shock me if they did lose to them. They don't play tough, Shapen I guess is serviceable, but he's below average. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, texifornia said:

Miami is going for the jugular against VT. Cam Ward is a beast. I can see Bama beating UGA. I'm hesitant to say aggy beats Arkansas since it'll be a rock fight, but Jackson is a man at the RB position. I can also see ND lose to Louisville, even if it's unlikely. 

I'm not sure if Miss St can score 11 against our D. If Wisky can get to the QB, I can see an upset over USC. Ou should beat Auburn, but nothing shocks me in CFB anymore. 

13 minutes ago, Funk Doctor Spock said:

It was a bit of hyperbole, but they're so bad it wouldn't shock me if they did lose to them. They don't play tough, Shapen I guess is serviceable, but he's below average. 

Shapen would matter if he were actually playing.  He's injured and done for the season.  We get a RS Freshman or a True Freshman

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Surly Bevo said:

Shapen would matter if he were actually playing.  He's injured and done for the season.  We get a RS Freshman or a True Freshman

It's going to be Van Buren - does not appear to be related to the mediocre president but you never know 

https://www.on3.com/db/michael-van-buren-149593/

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, thunderlounge said:

Not for us.

No. It's going to be glorious seeing us curb stomp Lebby. Even when Arch starts, I believe he'll throw for 4 TD's just because MSU is so bad defensively. Hell, Blue may go for another 4 TD's and Gibson with 1 or 2. Wingo may go over 100 with another 2 TD's, and I hope Moore adds another. 

3 hours ago, Funk Doctor Spock said:

I love that our D hasn't missed a beat so far. I worried early in the season how they would work together, and Mukuba is a gift from God. He and Barron have just made our secondary playing incredible. I believe someone said we have 7 INTS, which leads the SEC. 

Taaffe has also been a fucking badass...

• Hook 'Em 7

15 hours ago, Surly Bevo said:

We've played plenty of bad teams in the Big 12 like Miss State, Florida, Vandy etc.  The interesting thing is the difference about being in the SEC is we are not a "be all, end all statement game" for any of those teams.  I'm not saying they all don't want to win, and certainly, as an AP 1 wouldn't like to take us down but it's not the jihad it was for say Tech, TCU, Baylor, even KSU etc (even when we sucked it was still a jihad for them)

Disagree

Rewatched the Miss State Florida game and Jesus klan aggy is terrible. Pass defense is bad and rush defense is even worse. Quinn and Arch are both gonna absolutely light up their secondary and I expect Blue to have a minimum of 100 rush yards easily with maybe 3 or 4 TDs. Honestly might be our easiest conference win. 

Edited by Longboard Horn
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1