Week 5 2024, Mississippi State @ Texas

Wulaw Horn

1 hour ago, TrashMaster G said:

My dad worked for TI and I spent MANY hours playing all the games on the TI 99/4A that we got for free. 

Same! My dad was at the plant on 183. He actually worked as part of the group that created the first microprocessor. Pretty wild. We had TI computer equipment and calculators all over the house. 

They are certainly saying all the right stuff about Ewers. I see the sides to both arguments, but I think you play him if he feels good and the medical staff gives the thumbs up. If he was truly practicing today, even if it was in a limited capacity, that tells me he is pretty far along from when the injury occurred. I doubt they would let him do much, if any, rotational work if they were concerned about aggravating the abdomen/oblique. 

I am not a big fan of holding guys out who would be playing if it was a "bigger game". You are also talking about a guy who has now missed a game for the 3rd straight season and I think there is some value in him showing he can rebound quickly. The re-injury risk is a concern, but there are a million things injury-related that could happen in a football game that could be bad for him and are just as likely to happen against OU as against Mississippi State. If the trainers feel like it is healed, he can't get "extra healed".

Of course, it would be great if he was only needed for 2.5 quarters if he does play.

• Hook 'Em 3

2 hours ago, Dignan said:

I got a blowjob from a Miss State chick a long long time ago. She was kinda hot. heh. Now that I think about it, she wasn't THAT hot but....Hook'em! 

Was it a good BJ? 

That's all the info we need about her. Well, that and do you still have her number in your phone.

TI did not make the shitty TRS-80. How dare you. That was a Radio Shack product. TI made the TI 99/4A, which was a badass computer for its time, with the world's first speech recognition software and 3D first-person adventure game. Unfortunately its storage was relegated to a series of insertable memory expanders that was the size of a small file cabinet and weighed 50 pounds. Still I wasted many many many hours of my youth playing Parsec and Tunnels of Doom on that glorious TI 99/4A. 
I also created a pong knockoff for the TRS80 for a science fair but no one recognized my genius. RIP to the computer science nerds of 80s middle school. 

I wrote a program on my ti 99/4A that would calculate some dungeons and dragons shit that was a pita to fill in on your character sheet.

Yes I was/am that big of a dork. I can’t believe I just admitted to that.
  • Hook 'Em 3

3 minutes ago, tbone_ said:

I wrote a program on my ti 99/4A that would calculate some dungeons and dragons shit that was a pita to fill in on your character sheet.

Yes I was/am that big of a dork. I can’t believe I just admitted to that.

Avatar definitely does not check out 

5 hours ago, Hookem2147 said:

They are certainly saying all the right stuff about Ewers. I see the sides to both arguments, but I think you play him if he feels good and the medical staff gives the thumbs up. If he was truly practicing today, even if it was in a limited capacity, that tells me he is pretty far along from when the injury occurred. I doubt they would let him do much, if any, rotational work if they were concerned about aggravating the abdomen/oblique. 

I am not a big fan of holding guys out who would be playing if it was a "bigger game". You are also talking about a guy who has now missed a game for the 3rd straight season and I think there is some value in him showing he can rebound quickly. The re-injury risk is a concern, but there are a million things injury-related that could happen in a football game that could be bad for him and are just as likely to happen against OU as against Mississippi State. If the trainers feel like it is healed, he can't get "extra healed".

Of course, it would be great if he was only needed for 2.5 quarters if he does play.

Treat it like the 2nd preseason NFL game, where the starting QB gets 2 series, maybe the 1Q, just to shake the rust off and then get him the fuck out.

• Hook 'Em 2

I mean we did get a pretty soft SEC schedule you can't really deny that.

I would put Ark, OU, & A&M all in the 8-10 range in the conference

Miss St, Florida, Vandy, & Kentucky all slot in the 12-16 range

Now with that said if anyone thinks Ole Miss, Tenner, & Mizzou would be in the top 6 in normal years they would be lying.

I'm sure when the 2026 schedule drops we will get some mix of Bama, LSU, Tenner, Ole Miss, & Mizzou but odds are 2-3 of those teams will be middling by then so the narrative will repeat especially if we have won the conference either this year or next.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Drool 1

The "SEC is a grind" and "every game is physical" has now turned into "Texas plays such an easy SEC schedule." 
This is why nobody likes these insufferable SEC pricks. You dumbasses have been arguing for years that the reason the SEC is so tough is that even the bottom feeders are good. 

Everyone knew that was bullshit.
  • Hook 'Em 5

Our SEC schedule has only gotten weaker since preseason and it wasn't the toughest to start.

15 minutes ago, 6th Street said:

This is what we have been saying for years. The bottom half to 2/3 of the SEC is ass

This.  The bottom 7 teams might combine for 13-14 conference wins, and that's mostly because they have to play each other. 

Edited by JBJ

There is a reason certain SEC schools are reluctant to move to 9 conference games (in addition to all the other TV money stuff). It takes away an extra non-conference win (probably their November FCS opponent) and schools that would normally ride the SEC coattails to a "respectable" 7-5 season or bowl eligibility on the backs of 3-1 or 4-0 non-conference slates are now missing bowls.

• Hook 'Em 2