2024-2025 Houston Rockets thread - Prepare for Liftoff πŸš€

Macklemore

You guys are ready to jump off the bandwagon after one game?Β Anyone remember what happened in game 1, last year? They lost by 30 but still managed to somehow put together a really solid season. 82 games is a loooooong ass time.

I only caught a little bit of the game. I wanted to mostly see how Sheppard looked in his debut. Any thoughts? In the little bit I saw, he looked a bit physically overwhelmed.Β 

Just now, Mitch Cumsteen said:

You guys are ready to jump off the bandwagon after one game?Β Anyone remember what happened in game 1, last year? They lost by 30 but still managed to somehow put together a really solid season. 82 games is a loooooong ass time.

I only caught a little bit of the game. I wanted to mostly see how Sheppard looked in his debut. Any thoughts? In the little bit I saw, he looked a bit physically overwhelmed.Β 

The problem is that it was the same shit we saw all last season. Doing the same shit as last season, is going to lead to another 41-41 record and no playoffs. This team as constructed is going to struggle to make the play-in games, that is unacceptable to the fan base that has been patient.

26 minutes ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

Ballgame

13 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

The problem is that it was the same shit we saw all last season. Doing the same shit as last season, is going to lead to another 41-41 record and no playoffs. This team as constructed is going to struggle to make the play-in games, that is unacceptable to the fan base that has been patient.

How many wins are you realistically expecting? What's the Vegas number, 43? This team is still full of 20-22 year olds. There are going to be a lot of ups and downs and inconsistencies with a young but talented roster, and especially one that is still figuring out its identity. And there will be a few good teams that will struggle to make the play-in in this conference. I don't really view that as any sort of a failure.

54 minutes ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

How many wins are you realistically expecting? What's the Vegas number, 43? This team is still full of 20-22 year olds. There are going to be a lot of ups and downs and inconsistencies with a young but talented roster, and especially one that is still figuring out its identity. And there will be a few good teams that will struggle to make the play-in in this conference. I don't really view that as any sort of a failure.

Easily in the play in games and potentially challenging for the 6th seed, after what I saw last night, it's going to be a struggle again. This team improved by 19 games last year with essentially the same roster. Teams that contend for playoff spots don't lose games like last night to shitty teams after leading by 18 points.