The Eric Adams Thread of Shame

UpperWestside

This guy deserves his own thread. His is completely inept, incompetent, belligerent and a clownshow who has likely committed some form of fraud. I hope he gets locked up in Epstein’s cell. For everyone that hated DeBlasio just know that this guy was a downgrade from that. Hopefully Gov. Hochul has him removed ASAP. Jumaane Williams would be the acting mayor in this case. Williams would make a great mayor, but I would rather see him go to work in Washington at some point. This city needs a woman as its mayor. Go back and right the wrong decision from 2021 and get a woman in this office.

I know AOC already called on him to resign and Adams clapped back at her. Not certain you want to screw with the most popular politician in NYC, but then again Adams has an IQ south of 40 so probably not the last swipe he takes at her. 

Edited by UpperWestside
  • Hook 'Em 4

https://www.curbed.com/2021/11/eric-adams-brooklyn-stakeout.html

The stakeout started at 7 p.m. on Monday afternoon. Two full shifts went by — 7 p.m. to midnight, then midnight to 4 a.m. — without a soul entering or departing the apartment. Then: 4:18 a.m. on Tuesday morning. I was sitting in the car, bored, when I noticed a gray Toyota Prius with New York City plates circling the block, finally parking just past Adams’s building. A tall Black man who looked a lot like Adams walked into the basement apartment, turned on the lights, then shut them off for about five minutes. Was he coming home from his Borough Hall office, where he slept for months during the pandemic? His favorite club, Zero Bond, where he recently hung out with the likes of Jonathan “Foodgod” Cheban and Equinox CEO Harvey Spevak? Either way, once he went inside, things got slightly weird. The Prius, it seemed, was illegally parked in front of an active garage for a plumbing-supply company. Which quickly became a problem for the trucks attempting to enter said supply company: They were soon backed up all the way down Lafayette Avenue, causing a bona fide pileup while Adams slept inside. This went on for hours — the trucks sat there; a few of the drivers got out to see what was the holdup — until finally, at 8 a.m., someone from the supply company came out in a forklift, tied a yellow rope to the back of Adams’s car, and towed it a few feet so things could get moving.

3ae395afc95ea5f70ba461884c6149f7e2-eric-adams-2.rhorizontal.w700.jpg

Before my shift ended at 9 a.m., I texted Curbed editor Willy Blackmore to say that someone should come take over for me (we hadn’t planned to be there during the day) to confirm it was, in fact, Adams, and to see what he would do with the towed Prius, whose driver’s side was now blocked by the very traffic jam he appeared to have caused. Willy arrived just in time to see Adams — definitively Adams — leave his apartment, climb into the car from the passenger side, shimmy into the driver’s seat, then drive the car up onto the sidewalk. He drove blithely on the sidewalk until he was past the jam, then turned right on Stuyvesant Avenue.

65a6907372ba9502b5828bc8d1db412d9f-eric-adams-1.rvertical.w570.jpg

Edited by HenryJames
  • Haha 3
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 2

7 minutes ago, RPM said:

I know zero about the guy, but it seems the NYC election process is the problem. Ranked votes? WTF

Ranked choice voting is the best system we probably can get - no first past the post and no run-off.  RCV is sometimes called instant runoff because if no one hits 50%+1, it triggers the ranked choice voting until someone does.

All you're doing is ranking preferences.  But our electorate is a bunch of brainless monkeys. 

And you don't even HAVE to rank if you don't want to.  If you only wanted Candidate X and you had no second or third choice, you pick your guy/gal and your ballot is spoiled when it goes to the next round.

Edited by Js1
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, G650 said:

I'm howling

Further proof Nate Silver is the dumbest fucking moron alive - stick to running numbers in a computer, sir, because you are not a pundit.  

And that's saying something, because most pundits have the amount of common sense as your average NFL fan. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, HenryJames said:

https://www.curbed.com/2021/11/eric-adams-brooklyn-stakeout.html

The stakeout started at 7 p.m. on Monday afternoon. Two full shifts went by — 7 p.m. to midnight, then midnight to 4 a.m. — without a soul entering or departing the apartment. Then: 4:18 a.m. on Tuesday morning. I was sitting in the car, bored, when I noticed a gray Toyota Prius with New York City plates circling the block, finally parking just past Adams’s building. A tall Black man who looked a lot like Adams walked into the basement apartment, turned on the lights, then shut them off for about five minutes. Was he coming home from his Borough Hall office, where he slept for months during the pandemic? His favorite club, Zero Bond, where he recently hung out with the likes of Jonathan “Foodgod” Cheban and Equinox CEO Harvey Spevak? Either way, once he went inside, things got slightly weird. The Prius, it seemed, was illegally parked in front of an active garage for a plumbing-supply company. Which quickly became a problem for the trucks attempting to enter said supply company: They were soon backed up all the way down Lafayette Avenue, causing a bona fide pileup while Adams slept inside. This went on for hours — the trucks sat there; a few of the drivers got out to see what was the holdup — until finally, at 8 a.m., someone from the supply company came out in a forklift, tied a yellow rope to the back of Adams’s car, and towed it a few feet so things could get moving.

3ae395afc95ea5f70ba461884c6149f7e2-eric-adams-2.rhorizontal.w700.jpg

Before my shift ended at 9 a.m., I texted Curbed editor Willy Blackmore to say that someone should come take over for me (we hadn’t planned to be there during the day) to confirm it was, in fact, Adams, and to see what he would do with the towed Prius, whose driver’s side was now blocked by the very traffic jam he appeared to have caused. Willy arrived just in time to see Adams — definitively Adams — leave his apartment, climb into the car from the passenger side, shimmy into the driver’s seat, then drive the car up onto the sidewalk. He drove blithely on the sidewalk until he was past the jam, then turned right on Stuyvesant Avenue.

65a6907372ba9502b5828bc8d1db412d9f-eric-adams-1.rvertical.w570.jpg

Do we have a driving like an asshole thread? 

• Haha 1

58 minutes ago, 'stache said:

So we gonna cry “Witch hunt! Persecution!” and threaten judges and jurors? No? Because people who commit crimes in office should be prosecuted? I don’t get it? /s/sarcasm

THIS THIS THIS.

On the one hand, we should be able to all agree on the principle of "crooked politicians who commit crimes should fry."

Yet AN ENTIRE SIDE OF OUR POLITICAL SPECTRUM stands for the principle of "LAWFARE!" "ELECTION INTERFERENCE!"  So, which is it, Trumpkins and Republicans....is taking criminal action against a crooked politician a "POLITICAL WITCH HUNT" meant to interfere in the electoral process, and proof of evil marxist communist fascist antifa plots....or is it the law being applied equally to all, regardless of position or power?

Two-Buttons.jpg

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, 'stache said:

So we gonna cry “Witch hunt! Persecution!”

Adam Sandler Yes GIF

https://nypost.com/2024/09/25/us-news/eric-adams-proclaims-innocence-to-the-post-moments-after-becoming-first-sitting-nyc-mayor-to-be-indicted/

Mayor Eric Adams claimed he was a victim of political persecution after he became the first sitting New York City mayor to be indicted on Wednesday — insisting he was targeted for standing up to the Harris-Biden administration as migrants flooded the city.

• Haha 1
  • Fuck You 2

6 minutes ago, Incredulity said:

Adam Sandler Yes GIF

https://nypost.com/2024/09/25/us-news/eric-adams-proclaims-innocence-to-the-post-moments-after-becoming-first-sitting-nyc-mayor-to-be-indicted/

Mayor Eric Adams claimed he was a victim of political persecution after he became the first sitting New York City mayor to be indicted on Wednesday — insisting he was targeted for standing up to the Harris-Biden administration as migrants flooded the city.

You know goddamn well what he meant. Of course the actual shitheel is going to claim innocence. What you won't see is high level people within the democratic party saying anything of this sort or encouraging violence against judges.

Such a disingenuous fucking clan of clowns you are.

Edited by Pam Cummings
  • Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Incredulity said:

Adam Sandler Yes GIF

Lol, of course he’s saying it moron, he’s corrupt as shit. Let me know when it becomes part of the Democratic Party platform the way the GQP does for lord orange or when the senate launches a weeks long “investigation” of the Justice Department over this shit. I swear your posts are a fucking microcosm of the brainworms infecting half this fucking country.

Edited by 'stache
  • Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Seriously

Adams: I am being politically persecuted!!!
Dems: okay, cool, whatever, enjoy prison, asshole

Trump: I am being politically persecuted!!
Republicans: YEAH!! FUCK YOU!! TRUMP IS INNOCENT!!!!

Get Off Shut Up GIF by CBS

Dems are cool when their corrupt or problematic leaders move on. Obviously sometimes they're stuck (Sen. Menendez) but they at least tell them to resign.

Just now, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Dems are cool when their corrupt or problematic leaders move on. Obviously sometimes they're stuck (Sen. Menendez) but they at least tell them to resign.

He was up for re-election this year and would have been absolutely decimated in the primary if he tried to run again.  He was polling around 10%

• Hook 'Em 2

The indictment dropped and it’s incredible.  My favorite part is when Adams tried  to fly Turkish Airlines to Easter Island because the Turks were giving him free plane tickets. He made his assistant verify that Turkish had no NYC-Easter Island routes. 

https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/25175479-eric-adams-indictment-unsealed

• Haha 4

10 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

The indictment dropped and it’s incredible.  My favorite part is when Adams tried  to fly Turkish Airlines to Easter Island because the Turks were giving him free plane tickets. He made his assistant verify that Turkish had no NYC-Easter Island routes. 

https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/25175479-eric-adams-indictment-unsealed

5a939695-8662-418c-a768-0d6e58e2d416.png

• Haha 5

For those thinking this is all sudden...

https://apnews.com/article/straw-donor-scheme-adams-new-york-mayor-525f6603843d49ec0df8f15919ba43b5

This was July 2023.

And here is a NYMag piece from when he was running...

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/article/eric-adams-allies-nyc-mayoral-race.html

• Hook 'Em 5

49 minutes ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

I haven't stepped foot in the city since I was 5 years old (1976), so this checks out based on all the stereotypes I have of political corruption in NYC due to my extensive Sopranos-watching experiences.

Among the defendants are a former NYPD commander who has known the mayor for decades and the owners of a construction safety business that’s currently working on a trash depot on Staten Island.

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, Dutchrudder said:

100k in bribes and free travel is illegal?  Someone should tell the Supreme Court that...

59 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

Can't he just call them gratuities? It will be fun to see how they uphold this conviction while arguing around their own recent decision that bribes are okay if you call them something else.