what are you watching on youtube?

Derka

my algorithm tonight has sent me down a rabbit hole of videos of youtubers covering those “hook up artist” guys, and this shit is downright hard to watch…except that i can’t stop.

i’ll also say that in 2024 youtube has become for me what netflix was years ago- by far my number one used streaming service. there’s just endless content on endless subjects. it’s become my go-to for when i want to find something to watch that i’ve never seen before.

Edited by Derka

This video sent me on a rabbit hole of clips of the British show 8 Out of 10 Cats Does Countdown, hosted by Jimmy Carr. It’s a gameshow based on jumble style word puzzles and rapid math problems, but this version is all comedians. It’s hilarious (and Rachel is awesome):

Edited by Buzzrock

YT’s algo is excellent.  Pushes me stuff I actually like.  And if there are political dumkopf’s on there, it does not force them on me.

Custom home builder in Austin:

https://www.youtube.com/mattrisinger

He keeps his politics in check enough for me:

https://www.youtube.com/@BrandonHerrera

Total gun nerd here:

https://www.youtube.com/@ForgottenWeapons

He has several channels:

https://www.youtube.com/@megaprojects9649

From there the algo takes over and gives me similar good stuff.  And lately it’s been pushing vids of surly donkeys (clean, wholesome stuff.)

Edited by Parliament
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

I love his channel and have posted it before, and holy shit there’s a reasons some of those are forgotten.  @Armybrat has probably seen some of that stuff.

8de85a60c93f6e959d9ed4727de564f27ebbac25

I was today years old when I learned Colombia had M1 Garands rechambered in .308.  12 of them.  Can’t believe I went this long not knowing that.

3 hours ago, Parliament said:

I was today years old when I learned Colombia had M1 Garands rechambered in .308.  12 of them.  Can’t believe I went this long not knowing that.

That's why @Armybrat needs to watch the show, I feel like he would know that for some reason.

1 hour ago, Underdog said:

Have playing on a loop... 

I tried watching it, but all of my years of camping with my kids makes me think of how much of a nightmare that would be to dry that tent out.

• Hook 'Em 1

No, I didn’t know about those Garands being converted.

As an army brat, the only weapons I got to handle were a 1911, an M1A Carbine, and an M3 Grease Gun. 
While with my Dad & brothers at a small post range in Puerto Rico 70 years ago, I got to shoot the first two after his sergeant gave us some basic instruction. Hated the .45 because of the recoil in my 10 year old hands, but the carbine was fun. We were only allowed to handle the M3..

13 hours ago, Derka said:

gus johnson is someone i’ve found who cracks me up. maybe it’s because he’s like my midwestern cousin, just out here recording goofy shit with his mom, but i like his inane, super low production videos.

Gus is the best. He also does Twitch streams where he plays games and opens pokemon cards. 

4 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Gus is the best. He also does Twitch streams where he plays games and opens pokemon cards. 

“the scriptures tell us”

”first thessalonians says”

and “unacceptable!”

all make their way into my vernacular rotation. gus is too funny.

3 hours ago, Underdog said:

Have playing on a loop... 

Find myself watching a lot of videos on street food vendors from other countries, skills they show are impressive, imo. 

Never heard them referred to as skills before