Texas vs. Mississippi State - 3:15pm on SEC Network

Pancho

3 minutes ago, Llewelyn Moss said:

There was also some poor technique that got taken advantage of. Everybody’s favorite badass Anthony Hill parted the sea for the TD on his blitz; Simmons got upfield a time or tea and then didn’t play the puller correctly a time or two. Anyway, lots to correct there. 

He blitzed his gap- what was he supposed to do?  That sea was parted by the hold on broughton as much as anything. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

Craig joked with VB about having a challenging week of football and also his young marriage which got a good laugh.

Craig brought up the joke he made with VB to coach Sark who agreed that marriage is challenging.  Lol.  

• Haha 2

Didn’t get to see the game because we don’t have SEC network at the shop. However, I’m looking at the stats and thank God Mississippi state is bad enough to where even with all the misses and miscues we were still able to pull away and win. What matters right now is that they won the SEC debut and have two weeks to prepare to stomp a mud hole in Oklahoma’s ass. 

Question: how many bonehead plays did Sark call?

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, Irish Wrist Watch said:

They scored one fucking TD. Got a couple of Field Goals. The Defense had a very good day. Offense looked solid. A few hiccups. First SEC game. Giant involved crowd. Get blue outta there. Manning/Wisener/Bond attack. MWB

Did the crowd sound loud? I was on the upper deck so it's always hard to tell.

1 minute ago, texasdago said:

Did the crowd sound loud? I was on the upper deck so it's always hard to tell.

Yes enough to cause issues to our opponent. These games have got to be an amazing thing to showcase to recruits. 

30 minutes ago, Carl Spackler said:

I didn't think the offensive play calling was a problem in general.  There were calls here and there that you could quibble with.  Frankly, his worst decision was to take the 3 off the board.

I think we probably used Arch in the short passing game a little too much when he is more a deep threat.   Much of what went wrong on offense was self inflicted non sense such as fumbles. (See Blue) and untimely holding and procedure calls that made short yardage second and third down situations which were easily convertible more difficult.   

It was better to get our “shit game” out of the way now against an opponent like MSU and still win rather than later against OUsux and certainly UGA.  And heaven forbid that happened against Arky or aggy.    Every good team has one.   UGA is having theirs tonight.   

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Hornius Emeritus said:

Had it not been for numerous miscues on the part of our players ---- drops, fumbles, off-sides etc ...---- this game would have been 49-6.

If Hitler had never been born, the US might have never evolved to global hegemony and the score would have been 24-6.

• Haha 8

37 minutes ago, Carl Spackler said:

I didn't think the offensive play calling was a problem in general.  There were calls here and there that you could quibble with.  Frankly, his worst decision was to take the 3 off the board.

He needs to learn to take the points. Even if it is only a FG 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Longboard Horn said:

Didn’t get to see the game because we don’t have SEC network at the shop. However, I’m looking at the stats and thank God Mississippi state is bad enough to where even with all the misses and miscues we were still able to pull away and win. What matters right now is that they won the SEC debut and have two weeks to prepare to stomp a mud hole in Oklahoma’s ass. 

Question: how many bonehead plays did Sark call?

Guys. You can watch the game for free on YouTube. We did. 

• Hook 'Em 5

4 minutes ago, Longboard Horn said:

He needs to learn to take the points. Even if it is only a FG 

I didn't have as big a problem with taking those points off the board as I often do. MSU wasn't really moving the ball, and if we got 7 points after converting, they were pretty much done. Turned out they were done anyway. 

• Hook 'Em 5

6 minutes ago, Gut Wagon said:

I didn't have as big a problem with taking those points off the board as I often do. MSU wasn't really moving the ball, and if we got 7 points after converting, they were pretty much done. Turned out they were done anyway. 

If we went up 2 scores after accepting the field goal they were done too.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Hornius Emeritus said:

Had it not been for numerous miscues on the part of our players ---- drops, fumbles, off-sides etc ...---- this game would have been 49-6.

and with the miscues and the potential to make this game more difficult for msu, Sark decided to double down on dumb at an inopportune time 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

I didn’t hate the decision to go for it. We were averaging like 9 yards a play at that point and were facing very little resistance. The call was just poor. Have a higher percentage play ready. I’m pretty sure we ran that exact stupid play on 4th down against UH last year and it was also incomplete.

• Hook 'Em 4

1 hour ago, Pato del Muerto said:

He blitzed his gap- what was he supposed to do?  That sea was parted by the hold on broughton as much as anything. 

He got out of his gap trying to get around the RB and that opened up a huge hole 

2 minutes ago, TreatyOak said:

Got it. Thanks for telling me and sorry. 

You’re good. Usually we put the Texas game on, but more people wanted to watch Oklahoma Auburn, and on the other TV people were watching the Colorado game and we had a few people in from Milwaukee that wanted to watch the Brewers afterwards.

• Hook 'Em 2

Shitty first half. An opponent that got up for us combined with getting in our own way and making mistakes. Previous Texas teams would’ve wilted. Sark has to take the points especially when they actually are on the board. I get Sark’s reasoning but I disagree when it’s there versus a chance at more. Blue needs to figure out how to hold onto the ball. He cost his team and his benching was earned. Defense was good not great. I think they weren’t ready for MSU’s running game. Can’t argue with 6 sacks and a turnover. Arch was great. His teammates let him down over and over but he kept going. This is a great game to have before OU to have things to work on the next two weeks.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Huckleberry said:

No it was Cook except he didn't whiff, he never even moved up to attempt a block.

Bond was the one that whiffed on the play where Wingo got hurt. Cook whiffed on the one later in the game after Wingo came back. 

3 hours ago, Colonel Sanders said:

Honestly, this type of uninspired performance isn't going to do us any favors in Graham Harmon's SEC Power Rankings.

Georgia/Bama winner 1. 

Aggy obviously 2 after their course correcting and amazing win over hog on the road(neutral site game be damned)

tennesee 3rd. 

bama/georgia loser

mizzou? 

ole miss. They had a tough opponent. 

arkansas. They’re really good. Aggy is just better 

then “maybe” Texas.  Cause they proved all his concerns right. 

3 hours ago, Hornius Emeritus said:

Agree. Rewatched it. We would have at least 10-14 more points in the first half without mistakes (Blues fist fumble, Cook’s drop), not to mention the weird decision to take 3 points off the board (and that FG was due to back-to/back penalties on Helm). That’s at least 13-17 points right there, and that’s not even counting Blue’s 2nd fumble.