Georgia at Alabama - 6:30 on ABC

Pancho

2 minutes ago, Drew said:

Beck was just Yoloing that one. 

2 throws ago should have been a TD. 

oh well 

being #1 was fun while it lasted. 

#1 Bama vs #4 Tennessee will be fun in a couple weeks. 

Hope Georgia doesn’t fall far. 

I don't see how you get us to number one after that defensive effort.  Not that it much matters.  

Just now, PittsburghTiger said:

Alabama’s play calling in the second half was bad

im not football smart.

incredible UGA halftime adjustments to Bama’s defensive scheme?

or did Bama go away from what they clearly had been planning the moment debeor stepped foot in Tuscaloosa (on one or both sides of the ball)?

• Like 1

Just now, BamaATL said:

I don't see how you get us to number one after that defensive effort.  Not that it much matters.  

I’m just assuming the hype of it all will catapult them up there.  

on the plus side you’ll be #1 in the Gig Em gazette 😂 

11 minutes ago, ATXbronco said:

Georgia doesn't drop further than 6

I don't think they will drop further than 4.  It turnrd out to be an epic game. And I think the rules for epic games are different.

The narrative will be that Georgia got smacked in the mouth and was shell-shocked initially.  But then, being a national championship caliber team, they responded, storming back to take the lead. They fell just short. That will be the story. What a game!

Edited by Hornius Emeritus
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Overlord said:

Who was that man in the suit who jumped out in front of Milroe and hug him. 

I'd think he was an agent. But he looked more important than that. 

I'm not 100% sure, because I only caught a glimpse, but I thought it looked like Antoine Caldwell.  

1 minute ago, Hornius Emeritus said:

I don't think they will drop further than 4.  It turns out to be an epic game. And I think the rules for epic games are different.

The narrative will be that Georgia got smacked in the mouth and was shell-shocked initially.  But then, being a national championship caliber team, they responded, storming back to take the lead. They fell just short.

This.  Who’s better?  tOSU?   Tenn?  Maybe.  They won’t drop far. 

2 minutes ago, Hornius Emeritus said:

I don't think they will drop further than 4.  It turnrd out to be an epic game. And I think the rules for epic games are different.

The narrative will be that Georgia got smacked in the mouth and was shell-shocked initially.  But then, being a national championship caliber team, they responded, storming back to take the lead. They fell just short. That will be the story. What a game!

I mean that’s exactly what happened so why not?

• Hook 'Em 1

11 minutes ago, UTexasFight said:

im not football smart.

incredible UGA halftime adjustments to Bama’s defensive scheme?

or did Bama go away from what they clearly had been planning the moment debeor stepped foot in Tuscaloosa (on one or both sides of the ball)?

I think they just kind of got away from what got them the lead. After going up, 28-0, Alabama had terrible possessions, until the 75-yard TD.

7 plays/40-yards - over on downs

3 plays/12-yards - INT

6 plays/25-yards - fumble

(halftime)

3 plays/6-yards - punt

7 plays/69-yards - FG

3 plays/5-yards - punt

6 plays/13-yards - punt

5 plays/23-yards - punt

1 play/75-yards - TD

Yes, UGa played much better but, I think Alabama got a bit too comfortable. Too many plays with Milroe just running the ball, seemingly to just run clock. There didn’t seem to be any urgency. But, that’s just my view.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Drew said:

As long as we win the SEC title it won’t matter. If we don’t or slip up it absolutely will matter with seeding I’m sure. 

It won’t matter regardless. It’s a top 5 Georgia team, nobody in the potential seeding discussion is going to have a better win either way.

Edited by Hank_Hill

15 minutes ago, Hornius Emeritus said:

And fans of both teams agreed that they would be sending their kids to college station, because thats the only place that rivals the excitement on display tonight. At least that will be the story on one message board. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1