Georgia at Alabama - 6:30 on ABC

Pancho

2 minutes ago, Wally Pryor said:

Simply a phenomenal play by the Alabama corner.  Blanketing an oversized WR with the game on the line is one thing. Reaching across your body and securing the ball Is another. 

You wil not see a better DB play, at any level. 

Lol is this satire? It was a poor throw and pretty straightforward pick. I saw Travis Hunter make a better DB play literally today.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Wally Pryor said:

Simply a phenomenal play by the Alabama corner.  Blanketing an oversized WR with the game on the line is one thing. Reaching across your body and securing the ball Is another. 

You wil not see a better DB play, at any level. 

I agree super play by the CB but I also think a lot of qbs dont make that throw and if they do, it's only where his wr can get it

Ahh scratch that shitty throw , southaustin's mom would of picked that

Edited by CptnJiggleBits

7 minutes ago, Hank_Hill said:

Lol is this satire? It was a poor throw and pretty straightforward pick. I saw Travis Hunter make a better DB play literally today.

There is no "straightforward" pick for DBs. It's why they play defense, not offense.

Beck made a poor throw. The Bama DB went across his body with the game on the line to make a great play.

• Hook 'Em 1

28 minutes ago, Wally Pryor said:

There is no "straightforward" pick for DBs. It's why they play defense, not offense.

Beck made a poor throw. The Bama DB went across his body with the game on the line to make a great play.

Well, “interceptions are hard” and “there is no harder interception for a DB to make at any level” are very different arguments. 

• Hook 'Em 1

All I learned is that Georgia is a second half team. So we need to be sharp in the second half. Thats what I got. Alabama has ridiculous WR. We will wind up facing Bama in post season. And DeBoer. Who steps off the gas for much of the second half. Ok. Hook’em. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, TOR said:

Nawww, he's the dim-witted sidekick.  

Out of central casting for Lenny from "Of Mice and Men".  Though, from what I understand from Atlanta radio, he drives a lambo and has a smoke show of a gal.  

He also had a terrific and extremely shitty game at the same time.  Sort of breathtaking to honest.  

• Hook 'Em 1

Bama/UGA seems to always produce these Sweat Lodge type games, where you see what’s happening on the field but know the ending will somehow be twisted into a nightmare that turns into football victorygasm.  But to get there you have to endure the spectre of blown leads, self inflicted, momentum-killing dumbassery, terrible no-calls and knowing you have tiptoed past the killer Rottweiler.  Then you hear his chain rattle.  

I said after Tua and Devanta saved our ass I would never again bitch about anything that happens in an Alabama game.  I’m not about to start now.

Carson Beck has a “Tom Petty’s cousin who abuses small animals but has some great hash” vibe about him.  Oct 19th in Austin will be a doozy.  Hook ‘em and don’t take your foot off the accelerator of your pimped out electric Bentley, if one exists.

• Hook 'Em 5

9 hours ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

image.png.2930b18a71a98288d47744efb005d20d.png

This is dumb. Just state that you don't think "Kill Everybody" is a good thing without invoking and, frankly, trivializing a murder totally unrelated. If that family doesn't have an opinion about it, you shouldn't use it for a cheap pull at the heart strings. I don't give a rat's ass about Williams other than admiring his talent. The Kill Everybody thing, I'm sure, kind of sounds badass to a teenager. Actually, it does to me, too, but I wouldn't put it on my face. It'd make a good t-shirt under your jersey.

Anybody know how old Williams is?  Last night I began to think "he's 17 years old" was his actual first name. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, kevwun said:

Milroe's development has been kind of amazing.  That dude could not complete a pass a few years ago.  One of the few times where a guy was so bad I was sure he was never gonna make it at qb and ended up being wrong.

This. Easily one of the most incredible stories of the season thus far

9 hours ago, Nicole44 said:

All I learned is that Georgia is a second half team. So we need to be sharp in the second half. Thats what I got. Alabama has ridiculous WR. We will wind up facing Bama in post season. And DeBoer. Who steps off the gas for much of the second half. Ok. Hook’em. 

DeBoer's first half game plan and Bama's execution of it put the Dawgs in total disarray. Excellent half-time adjustments and regrouping by Kirby & Co. Kirby's a pretty good coach and I expect it will be tougher to put Georgia on their heels like that again this season.

• Hook 'Em 1

This is dumb. Just state that you don't think "Kill Everybody" is a good thing without invoking and, frankly, trivializing a murder totally unrelated. If that family doesn't have an opinion about it, you shouldn't use it for a cheap pull at the heart strings. I don't give a rat's ass about Williams other than admiring his talent. The Kill Everybody thing, I'm sure, kind of sounds badass to a teenager. Actually, it does to me, too, but I wouldn't put it on my face. It'd make a good t-shirt under your jersey.
Anybody know how old Williams is?  Last night I began to think "he's 17 years old" was his actual first name. 

I figured Kill Everybody was a reference to Alvin Mack going through his assignments in the film room, but I’m not a hand wringing bitch either.
  • Hook 'Em 4

DeBoer's first half game plan and Bama's execution of it put the Dawgs in total disarray. Excellent half-time adjustments and regrouping by Kirby & Co. Kirby's a pretty good coach and I expect it will be tougher to put Georgia on their heels like that again this season.

Was it DeBoer or just Milroe running his ass off every time the first read was covered? The little bit I saw, he was breaking and running pretty quickly. He had 100+ yards the first half. He didn’t run hardly any until the game was on the line after that.

1 hour ago, RomaVicta said:

This was the first thing I thought of.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Jkwellborn said:

Was it DeBoer or just Milroe running his ass off every time the first read was covered? The little bit I saw, he was breaking and running pretty quickly. He had 100+ yards the first half. He didn’t run hardly any until the game was on the line after that.

Without a doubt, Milroe is an x-factor that made off-schedule plays, but there was some excellent play calling and execution going on the Georgia D simply wasn't prepared for as well. Kirby mentioned it during an interview at one point during the game and some of the replays illustrated it as well.

12 hours ago, TOR said:

Maybe in West Lafayette.  These guys are just ignoring blatant penalties though.

Agree w/ your latter statement.  Purdue/NU in WL were slow enough and low skilled enough that most officials - even bad ones - should be able to keep up :)

20 minutes ago, sith_horn said:

Without a doubt, Milroe is an x-factor that made off-schedule plays, but there was some excellent play calling and execution going on the Georgia D simply wasn't prepared for as well . Kirby mentioned it during an interview at one point during the game and some of the replays illustrated it as well.

This is something I was wondering about.  I was at a wedding so only watching occasionally on my phone.  And yes, Ryan Williams is a generational talent....but it seemed that he was being single covered every time I was able to look.  

So is Kirby gonna live/die by a single coverage-based scheme?  While we don't have an individual WR equal to Williams, our #'2 2 through 5 are as good as most WR1's and better than any WR2's., and with 100% Quinn are likely to have a field day....

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Jkwellborn said:

The halftime score was, 30-7, Milroe ran seven times in Alabama’s next 13 plays. The lead went from 30-7 to 33-28. I don’t know if he was looking at the first read and then going. To me they looked like called runs. I could be wrong but, that was my view.

I think he’s fantastic and throwing the ball extremely well compared to everything before that fucking pass against AU last year (ha!) but, I don’t think he should run more than the running backs. 

Edited by PittsburghTiger

1 hour ago, MirrOlure said:

This is something I was wondering about.  I was at a wedding so only watching occasionally on my phone.  And yes, Ryan Williams is a generational talent....but it seemed that he was being single covered every time I was able to look.  

So is Kirby gonna live/die by a single coverage-based scheme?  While we don't have an individual WR equal to Williams, our #'2 2 through 5 are as good as most WR1's and better than any WR2's., and with 100% Quinn are likely to have a field day....

Wingo is going to have more than a little bit to say about that before all is said and done. 

3 minutes ago, MirrOlure said:

Couldn't say, but he's got athletes and at some point, you have to rely on them to do their job. We're a tough nut to crack with all our weapons and third year Quinn. If I'm Kirby, I'm going to try to get to Quinn and disrupt him as much as possible. He isn't Milroe mobile, but he's shown much better pocket presence and the willingness to scamper some yards as needed. The OL will need to peform like they did against Mich and Bama last season, and Quinn will need to be on his game. Venables will throw stunts, twists, blitzes and the kitchen sink at us during the RRS, so that's probably a great primer going into the following week. Just hope we're fully healthy afterwards.

Georgia has a pretty easy slate with Auburn and Miss State, then us. After this loss to Bama, Kirby is going to see us as a must win game and their chance at redemption. He will have his team fired up for us. As always seems to be the case, we get everyone's best shot.

On 9/29/2024 at 12:04 AM, Hank_Hill said:

It was a good play.  It was poor play by the receiver.  He seemed to have lost the ball.  It should have been a reception or incomplete, but he didn't really challenge the defender.

On 9/29/2024 at 12:53 AM, BamaATL said:

Out of central casting for Lenny from "Of Mice and Men".  Though, from what I understand from Atlanta radio, he drives a lambo and has a smoke show of a gal.  

He also had a terrific and extremely shitty game at the same time.  Sort of breathtaking to honest.  

Yeah.  He's dating one of those blonde basketball twins from Miami.  Maybe the chick and the Lambo have gone to his head.

https://blacksportsonline.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/01/Cavinder-Twins1.jpeg