The Veep Debate - Walz v. Vance, 9pm EST Tuesday, Oct 1st

Bullneck

1 minute ago, cabowabo said:

Kind of like his claim a few weeks ago that he carried an AR-15 in battle. 

In all fairness, I can hear Trump making that claim with a straight face.

2 minutes ago, Doc Sam Beckett said:

Vance: in my state, regarding the abortion issue, they told me that I'm a fucking moron who they disagree with. I'm not sure exactly where I'm going with this 

Weird flex indeed.

1 minute ago, 'stache said:

I get the sense that Vance is actually being too nice for the typical magats taste.

Yeah, he's not as maga as his previous public campaigns . This is a very middle of the road GOP performance.  I don't think it'll gain them anything,  but I'm a little impressed he hasn't imploded on some 'weird' point yet.  

4 minutes ago, Doc Sam Beckett said:

Vance: in my state, regarding the abortion issue, they told me that I'm a fucking moron who they disagree with. I'm not sure exactly where I'm going with this 

“The real problem is that people don’t trust us, the Nazis.”

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

Saying "it was fact checked at the last debate" is not a good look of an answer. It makes me think he doesn't know much about a bill he signed. Tim should be able to expound on that a bit more. 

Not that it really matters all that much in the grand scheme of things, but Vance has appeared much better prepared and more polished.  He's still a turd, but he's a polished turd. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Dutchrudder said:

Vance has appeared much better prepared and more polished.  He's still a turd, but he's a polished turd. 

It’s funny. In real life, Vance botches basic human interaction and Walz is supremely at ease. But Vance is clearly but for a formal debate setting. Which out to be a huge red flag. Good debater often equates to practiced liar.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Just now, Dutchrudder said:

Ok Walz, ask him to name 1 mass shooting that was committed by a gunman with a gun trafficked by Mexican cartels. GO FOR THE THROAT ON THIS LIAR!

Walz isn’t built for that. He’s not a litigator. He’s a teacher and a coach, and his comfort zone is anecdotes and practical solutions. 

He’d make a better leader, but debates test a different skill set (which is why they’re fucking stupid and counterproductive).

• Hook 'Em 8

2 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

This is fascinating.  Vance is much more slick, but evasive.  Walz is a little discombobulated at times, but honest.

Unfortunately a good deal of the American public buys into slick.

A good deal of the American public will never see this debate except for a few cut up clips from whatever news source they frequent (if any).

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, immamac said:

So I'm looking for this bill, but I found one and it doesn't grant the protection that JD Vance just claimed. These people are psychotic.

The rules state no fact checking, give yourself a five minute time out 

Edited by Wally Fairway
  • Haha 2