The Veep Debate - Walz v. Vance, 9pm EST Tuesday, Oct 1st

Bullneck

Just now, Dnaguy said:

God help us if Tim’s kid didn’t witness a shooting.

I hate that my mind went there first than thinking about how shitty that would have been.

It seemed like Vance was thinking it. 

Just now, BrickHorn said:

Walz isn’t built for that. He’s not a litigator. He’s a teacher and a coach, and his comfort zone is anecdotes and practical solutions. 

He’d make a better leader, but debates test a different skill set (which is why they’re fucking stupid and counterproductive).

Yeah, but you can't let that slip. There is no reason to claim that mass shootings are being committed by guns trafficked through a porous border, we have more guns than people in the country there is no short supply. So many of the recent shootings were obtained legally, and in some cases, they never should have been sold in the first place. We have plenty of opportunities in legislation to address it and reduce the frequency. JD is trying to conflate "illegally obtained firearms used in shootings" which happens plenty, with "firearms trafficked by cartels" which is a venn diagram that barely overlaps. 

• Hook 'Em 3

1 minute ago, 'stache said:

This is boring as fuck. That's probably a good thing.

Vance really needed to be discredited as not fit to take over when the fat guy falls over. The guy is a scary, white nationalist, anti constitutionalist piece of shit.  

• Hook 'Em 3

2 minutes ago, The Original Greaser Bob said:

I think the healthy conversation vibe helps Vance.  A lot. 

With who though? The people who vote only because trump aren't going to like this and the never trumpers aren't going to vote for ticket still headed by donald fucking trump.

1 minute ago, Red Five said:

It seemed like Vance was thinking it. 

2 minutes ago, Dnaguy said:

God help us if Tim’s kid didn’t witness a shooting.

I hate that my mind went there first than thinking about how shitty that would have been.

Well Tim already said he misremembers things, so maybe his son was at a school that later had a shooting 

Vance clearly has a high IQ, he’s Pete Buttigieg with a beard (pun intended).  It’s really too bad he’s a piece of shit with zero integrity.  

The net of this debate so far is bad for Harris but so far not bad enough to make a meaningful difference.  Of the trio of bad shit for Harris today, this debate is way down the list from Iran attacking Israel and port workers striking.

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

I blame Mexicans for my nice, brand new fence around my house.

I blame "Mexicans" for buying the most expensive house in my neighborhood, and bidding far more than the original asking price and helping drive up prices..

I mean, yes, these "Mexicans" look Chinese, they have Chinese names, and they speak Chinese to one another, and they have their kids enrolled at a school that provides heavy Chinese-language instruction.

But it's got to be "Mexicans" fault.  Just don't ask me how.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

17 minutes ago, HRSchenker said:

JD is really good at reframing the question and it allows him to control the narrative. The moderators and Tim Walz not calling him out on it is just nuts. 

"pro baby is pro family" feels like an aryan purity position

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

1 minute ago, Snake Diggity said:

The net of this debate so far is bad for Harris

this debate will do nada. Everyone will forget it by tomorrow. VP debates don’t matter 

• Hook 'Em 4

I love that Vance keeps saying that Kamala should use the power of her office to do the things she saying. The power of her office consists of one thing, breaking ties in the senate. That's her only power. 

• Hook 'Em 6

Vance - illegal aliens buying up all the homes

As my phone rings from a telemarketer representing a corporate real estate firm cold calling me to see if I want to sell my home

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 1

Just now, 6th Street said:

Ain't nobody watching this shit other than a few random political junkies 

I walked away to take the dishes out of the dishwasher. This is the political equivalent of Tuesday night MACtion football.

• Haha 2

Walz is doing as well as he could be expected to do. It's just not his skill set. Hopefully, if one day he ascends to the presidency, he won't face many debate challenges while in office. 

• Hook 'Em 2

Just now, F250 said:

I walked away to take the dishes out of the dishwasher. This is the political equivalent of Tuesday night MACtion football.

I could go for some Tuesday night MACtion right about now 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, WhatTheBuck said:

It’s the Mexicans that are driving up home prices. Thanks, Kamala. 

We could go live in those empty Mexican houses. They'd cost less. Unless you move to the town right after some fucking "Fair Trade" philosopher who refused to bargain.

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, F250 said:

HEY!  Western Michigan v. Toledo would be good right now.

• Hook 'Em 1